• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA vs DPMS

Re: RRA vs DPMS

The Knights Armament SR-25 and the Larue OBR are your two best bets. DPMS and RRA leave a lot to be desired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbabbitt767</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Knights Armament SR-25 and the Larue OBR are your two best bets. DPMS and RRA leave a lot to be desired. </div></div>
Ok I will give you a A on the Larue but the Knights is an overpriced piece of shit.
I would pick the DPMS over the RRA but I have had nothing but great things to say about my LR-308 DPMS.

I agree the larue is hands down top notch probably close to 0.5moa. The problem is that it is another $1000 or so, at the $2500 range why not go to the pof or lmt? The rra is shooting less than 1moa out of the box. Those other ones are a few pounds heavier which can make hunting with them a bit of a chore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbabbitt767</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Knights Armament SR-25 and the Larue OBR are your two best bets. DPMS and RRA leave a lot to be desired. </div></div>
oh do tell why you feel this way other than speculation - need facts.

I have seen, shot them both; however, I personally own the DPMS rifles - AP4 308 and GAP SASS on a DPMS platform. I would have no problem owning either one. The FAL mags are cheaper so that might sway you some but I don't think you will find much different in the way they shoot or their fit and finish - both good - not the best but good. I consider them both good decently priced rifles.

A piston gun like the POF would probably be better if you plan to run suppressed exclusively. I've shot those and they shoot better than I can.

The RRA I would personally stay away from just because it uses FAL mags... enough of this proprietary stuff. The industry seems to be building around the SR25/DPMS pattern.

I have had very good service from my RR...accurate,reliable,very good trigger... but I am going to buy a .308 to shoot suppressed next and its going to be piston and a POF. The piston is a good choice if you are planning to suppress.

I have a RRA 16" Predator Pursuit, and a dpms L-308 24" .308 - apples to oranges but the build quality on the RRA is above that of the DPMS....no failures of any kind - DPMS - had a stuck case after 76 rounds of Winchester Power point factory ammo. May be a break in issue, but I am certainly very confident with the Predator Pursuit....

The only thing a RRA has over the DPMS is the trigger! Even then the RRA has had problems with their triggers breaking! I would take a DPMS over a RRA any day of the week!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tundraotto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a RRA 16" Predator Pursuit, and a dpms L-308 24" .308 - apples to oranges but the build quality on the RRA is above that of the DPMS....no failures of any kind - DPMS - had a stuck case after 76 rounds of Winchester Power point factory ammo. May be a break in issue, but I am certainly very confident with the Predator Pursuit....</div></div>

I have over 2,000 rounds down my DPMS mostly hand loads and never had a stuck case or any problems thus far! Bought it in Feb of this year so that will show you how much I shoot and I won't start hunting with it till Sept.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing a RRA has over the DPMS is the trigger! Even then the RRA has had problems with their triggers breaking! I would take a DPMS over a RRA any day of the week!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tundraotto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a RRA 16" Predator Pursuit, and a dpms L-308 24" .308 - apples to oranges but the build quality on the RRA is above that of the DPMS....no failures of any kind - DPMS - had a stuck case after 76 rounds of Winchester Power point factory ammo. May be a break in issue, but I am certainly very confident with the Predator Pursuit....</div></div>

I have over 2,000 rounds down my DPMS mostly hand loads and never had a stuck case or any problems thus far! Bought it in Feb of this year so that will show you how much I shoot and I won't start hunting with it till Sept. </div></div>
I put 2,000 down the tube of my dpms without any problems at all

I have a RRA AR15 that I love. I have a Armalite ar10 SASS that I love. The SASS comes with a switchable gas block from non suppressed to suppressed and it works great. The Armalite is extremely accurate to boot! I have not fired a RR ar10 but I have shot a DPMS and it shot great as well.

hey im not dissing DPMS - I love the rifle...for the same money in a 223 instead of a 308 i did get better build quality - (upper & lower match perfectly. 4# 2-stage trigger...etc)...like said it could be breakin - but the price was the same and I do know its more expensive for the 308....lets see how it goes...im not bashing DPMS at all.

..yet...i had to quit my last session since I changed scopes...so I still need to verify accuracy...RRA posted 1-1/4" out of the box with wolf steel case...(dpms = undetermined - yet a very nicely made firearm)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: specopsbrooklyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SR25 all the 2nd LMT imho </div></div>
Based on what? I like LMT but SR25 for the money let me know why it is so much better?

Negative comments coming from someone with 1 post? Why not try and be a bit more supportive with your comments? You make no suggestion as to your reason for putting down the 2 rifles in question, yet you make a recommendation to buy something the poster didnt ask about.

Have never even fondled the RRA, but I have DPMS LRs in 260, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308 and 300 RSAUM and continue to be pleased as punch with all of them.

I have a few RRA AR 15s, and a DMPS LR-308.
I tend to prefer RRA from a fit & finish department, but the LR-308 (which sports an RRA NM2 trigger) is a tack driver, and I would not hesitate in buying DPMS again.

I handled a RRA and DPMS LR-308 before buying. I bought the DPMS. One deciding factor to me was the ablilty to buy mags that were easy to find, reliable, and did not cost me an arm and a leg. DPMS takes P-Mag's, and researching before buying, every DPMS owner said change the trigger, buy P-Mags, and your good to go. I also knew that I could find just about any part that I needed that would be compatible for the DPMS platform, and the LR-308 with its heavy stainless barrel, fit my needs, and I had heard and seen the targets proving the weapon is a tack driver. The fit of my upper and lower is nice and tight, with no play whats so ever. RRA makes good stuff as well. I hope this helps

My RRA has served me extremely well. It's taken a lot of abuse and continues to run flawlessly. I have the heavy chrome lined barrel which always seems to find it's target. The trigger is hands down the best factory trigger I have ever used. Fit is TIGHT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The RRA I would personally stay away from just because it uses FAL mags... enough of this proprietary stuff. The industry seems to be building around the SR25/DPMS pattern.

</div></div>

The FAL magazine is the most widely produced .308/7.62 magazine in history. More floating around the world than the others combined. Hardly proprietary. AG

so other than the guys who actually have a dog in this hunt , just where are the others getting there info? experience or the internet?
to the o.p. you can buy fal mags just as cheap as p-mags . I own a rra lar 308 and almost bought a dpms , I didnt care for the 16 inch barrel or collapsable stock on the dpms , but that was just a personal prefrence . I have shot a couple of dpms and an armalite at the gun range alot of times we let each other try out are rifles and I can honestly say on any given day there isnt a dimes worth of difference in function and accuracy depending on the person pulling the trigger . since I have other interest beside's shooting my budget just dont dictate 3 grand for a rifle.

I feel the same about the expenses. I have narrowed it down to the 20" RRA PRedator HP and the 18" DMPS Panther Mark-12.
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=460

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=5758&cat=1940

I was actually leaning toward the RRA because it was my understanding that the fixed stock would be more accurate. However they both claim 1MOA. And according to you, and many others that had sot both, they are very similar in accuracy. Given that, it may be more adventagous to have the colapsable stock. What do you think with regards to accuracy?

i also want to take it hunting and dont want to get too heavy. The RRA is 8.6lbs and the DMPS is 9.6 but has the flip up sights and quad rail which is great for the battle rifle aspect.

Any feedback with regards to hoe well they operate with suppressors?