• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruckus vs deviant

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
What would be the reason to buy a deviant tac when the ruckus seems to be a new improved version? Just wondering why someone might choose a deviant still?

I believe just a stiffer action as it is one piece. Your point is valid though. I am not sure how much that stiffness can be measured to assign a value to. Seems the cheaper models get you 99% there. Probably just peace of mind by buying a tank.

I believe just a stiffer action as it is one piece. Your point is valid though. I am not sure how much that stiffness can be measured to assign a value to. Seems the cheaper models get you 99% there. Probably just peace of mind by buying a tank.

the ruckus is one piece as well, that’s what confuses me. I don’t see any benefitsto go with the deviant and it’s more money

I just bought a Deviant Hunter because I like the design of the bolt handle better than the Ruckus.

Reactions: Matt_3479
The Ruckus has less customizable options than the Deviant. Both are made from the same material, but the difference lies on how the bolt is made. The Ruckus bolt is made in one step, whereas the Deviant bolt takes about 11 steps to make.
That single step for the Ruckus bolt allows Defiance to maintain .001 tolerance, which allows the use of Pre-fit barrels.

I have been shooting for Defiance for almost 6-yrs.

Customization is the only difference between the two.
With the Ruckus you get a guaranteed headspace because they’re all made the same, use the same bolt etc., therefore you can buy a prefit barrels.

The Deviant can be configured so many ways the prefit idea is not an option, nothing to do with tolerances as they’re both made at a high level of quality.

Reactions: BoldCorrections

You must have the Ruckus confused with the Tenacity.

The Ruckus has less customizable options than the Deviant. Both are made from the same material, but the difference lies on how the bolt is made. The Ruckus bolt is made in one step, whereas the Deviant bolt takes about 11 steps to make.
That single step for the Ruckus bolt allows Defiance to maintain .001 tolerance, which allows the use of Pre-fit barrels.

I have been shooting for Defiance for almost 6-yrs.
Have you noticed or do you know if they have the same bolt tolerance? As in overall. I have 2 deviants, harsh conditions wreak havoc on them. Dust mostly