• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger American

Mo7orider

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2020
Trued the receiver and bolt due to a burr on one of the bolt lugs from the factory, I never thought to inspect the bolt before installing it for the first time. This left a gouge in the bolt lug and created a ramp of material on the receiver lugs of .004". If it wasn't for the burr the action and the bolt ran true in the lathe within .0002". To say the least I was impressed with the quality and tolerances from Ruger.

I went with a Bartlein M24/M40 contour, 1-7.5 rh twist and finished length of 26", and chambered it for 6mm Creedmoor. The Magpul stock says it will accommodate up to a medium palma contour, so I ended up milling about .125" from the last 8" of the barrel channel to fit the heavy contour.

Currently shooting factory Hornady 108 ELD match.
- Factory rail
-Vortex Tactical rings.
-Swampfox Patriot 6-24x50
-Mapul Bipod

Attachments

• IMG_2032 (2).jpg
    IMG_2032 (2).jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2034 (2).jpg
    IMG_2034 (2).jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2029 (2).jpg
    IMG_2029 (2).jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 93
Very nice. I have a couple of the Ruger American Ranch rifles, and like them a lot for what they are (read: the quality isn't at the level of an AI, but neither is the price).

Reactions: Mo7orider
That's Impressive!! Nice shooting, nice build!! Factory ammo is unreal!

Reactions: Mo7orider
Hopefully the aftermarket stocks start to pick up for the Ruger American. The Hawkeye is left out

Absolutely!!! MDT is the only one that offers a chassis for the American right now, I would like a few more options.

1.00”x16...I didn’t use a barrel nut and the tenon length came to .690”

I have an American in 350 legend. I'm pleased with it so far. I'd like to get one in blackout if I could find just a barreled action to make a pistol.

Absolutely!!! MDT is the only one that offers a chassis for the American right now, I would like a few more options.

Indian Creek Design has been out for over 2 years. More modularity for your money, fantastic customer service, and made by a small American business
DE378515-349E-468D-9048-D65BB452CB85.jpeg

Reactions: Cavitation
Hopefully the aftermarket stocks start to pick up for the Ruger American. The Hawkeye is left out

From Highest to Lowest in Quality.

1. McMillan Game Warden comes with SOL M5 DBM already installed and a 10 round 308 mag— $720

2. Bell and Carlson Target/Competition or Sporter stock. These do NOT come compatible with AICS mags, as is they work with the rotary magazines. You’d have to purchase a DBM separately from PTG and have it inletted into the stock if you want AICS. I believe pricing is around $400-500....if buying the PTG bottom metal and paying someone to inlet it for you, you’ll be up around that McMillan pricing of $650-750 probably

3. Stockys has 2 options available that are similar to each other. As is they take the rotary magazines. Again, you’d have to purchase the PTG DBM and have it inlet into the stock if you want AICS. Pricing for the stock itsis around $400

4. Magpul Hunter stock. Takes AICS magazines. Pricing ranges from $175-280

5. Boyd’s. Be prepared to have to do finishing work yourself. Careful torquing the action screws down if you do not pillar-bed the stock. Many have cracked in the center from torquing the action screws. Pricing I believe can be as low as $80 up to like $250-300 I think.

On the way, Grayboe! A few weeks(maybe months, who knows) away yet. They’ll supposedly be offering the Phoenix, Ridgeback, and Renegade to start with.

People are bothering KRG for the Bravo stock, but KRG hasn’t budged yet.

Available chassis systems are the Indian Creek Design MoFo(modular fore-end) chassis, available in either AICS magazine or AR15 magazine format....then you have the MDT LSS, LSS-XL(aics or AR15), and ESS...and the Oryx by MDT

Reactions: Stingerup