• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Precision Rimfire

Been searching. Seen a few posts but not alot of deffinite answers.

Is there a bore guide that will fit the 22lr RPRR?
If anyone is still looking for a bore guide for the Ruger Precision Rimfire, I have found one on Ebay. It is made by Inovation 3d maker. You can find it at https://www.ebay.com/str/i3d. It is well made. It fits snuggly in the rifle. It lines up perfectly to the chamber and bore. The only issue I had was getting it out. It took me a few minutes to realize that you have to push the 'Bolt Release' like you do when getting the bolt out.

I was fortunate to get one of these excellent Sharp Bros. chassis as soon as it became available. I blew the dust off of my RPR and went about mating the chassis and RPR's barreled action. Flawless! A perfect fit.. Added a stock, grip and scope then off to the range. Magazine fed flawlessly and I could actually shoot the RPR now with a real cheek weld! No more "stock flex flyers". Now there is no excuse. The rifle's full potential can now be exploited.
That’s awesome.

I took my boy out with his RPRr and with mid grade ammo he was hitting 100 yards with ~ 1.5” groups (mid grade ammo). I would love to get him this chassis for his RPRr. It can hang with my wife tikka, the cz457 and kidd 10/22 for the most part.

My biggest issue is the extraction of midgrade and match Eley ammo. They get stuck in the chamber 1:50 rounds. Can’t figure it out. I have swapped the barrel to a whistlepig match barrel and same results so I switched it back to the OEM barrel.
Tempted to send the gun back to Ruger but I’m afraid he will end up with a new gun and it won’t be as accurate

I had the same problem with stuck cases and Eley.
I took some JB Bore Cleaner and used a 223 chamber brush to hopefully burnish the chamber.
I also have the bolt throw switched to full length.
I found that a one step vigorous actuation of the bolt up and back has solved the problem.
I now have over 500 rnds through the RPR and maybe it just required break in?
Group is at 200 yds Lapua Super Longe Range.
Last Match we had.
My goal is to have all 10’s but this is gogin to require spotting each indiviual hit and making adjustments.
With the top line of hits, two clicks down and the right side hits, two clicks left.
The last 10 of 25 of this match were 10’s.
-Richard
IMG_6233.jpeg

That’s awesome.

I took my boy out with his RPRr and with mid grade ammo he was hitting 100 yards with ~ 1.5” groups (mid grade ammo). I would love to get him this chassis for his RPRr. It can hang with my wife tikka, the cz457 and kidd 10/22 for the most part.

My biggest issue is the extraction of midgrade and match Eley ammo. They get stuck in the chamber 1:50 rounds. Can’t figure it out. I have swapped the barrel to a whistlepig match barrel and same results so I switched it back to the OEM barrel.
Tempted to send the gun back to Ruger but I’m afraid he will end up with a new gun and it won’t be as accurate
After installing a Shaw match barrel on my RPRF, I was getting some of that sticking problem and as I recall, there was a warning from Shaw about their match barrels having a tendency to have such sticking problems. It's something not uncommon for the way match barrels are designed where it's intended to push the bullet into the lands enough to engrave them. I decided I didn't want such a sticking problem, so I loosened the barrel, backed it out just a hair and tightened it back down. Chambering was still a little tight, but no sticking like before and very happy with the way it shoots.

Reactions: Frankr
i just got a used rpr with shaw barrel and closing the bolt is very hard. gonna shoot it and see but am thinking that the backing the barrel off some is gonna be the thing.

Reactions: straightshooter1
i just got a used rpr with shaw barrel and closing the bolt is very hard. gonna shoot it and see but am thinking that the backing the barrel off some is gonna be the thing.
My RPR/22 has the same Shaw barrel. I had to take .002 off the barrel breach face to get the bolt to close properly also had to take about .001 or so off the slotted interface mating surface so that it didn't have to be hammered very hard to get it to seat. IIRC Shaw stated the barrel may need a little bit of massaging to fit perfectly as the tolerances from Ruger are not always perfect.

good to know. now to just find a competent smith around here. 2 i knew are retired. the rest seem to be glock and AR mechanics.