• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rundown of all things Bushnell Elite & Tactical scopes related

petrol

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2013
Can anyone chime in here with quality opinions, glass clarity and build information on Bushnell's elite series and elite tactical scopes? Are these made in Japan still or are they sourced to China like everything now days? How do they compare to top line Burris, Nikon, Vortex, etc?

random tidbits ive found... It looks like the older 3200 and 4200 bosh and lomb rebrands were strictly Jap made.... the newer stuff I'm not too sure

the Elite "Tactical" line is the one made in Japan - and always has been.

I just went to the warehouse and pulled 4 different new model elite scopes.

1- 2.5-10x40

2- 3-9x40's One with a multix one with a doa 600 reticle, neither side focus.

1- 4-16x40

All four say MADE IN JAPAN on the bottom of the scope.

Side focus elites are made in china

3200 products are good
4200 are very good
6500 are very good with extended magnification ranges.

I think of bushnell as hunting products, though they have made some "tactical" models of some 4200 and 6500 scopes. And they have a couple of really good new tactical scopes such as the HDMR and the like that are very well reviewed.

I think 4200 and 6500 glass is very good, I'd say above Nikon Monarch for instance and equal to burris black/euro diamond. Plus rainguard seems to work pretty well.

Can anyone chime in here with quality opinions, glass clarity and build information on Bushnell's elite series and elite tactical scopes? Are these made in Japan still or are they sourced to China like everything now days? How do they compare to top line Burris, Nikon, Vortex, etc?
The Elite Tacticals are made in Japan.

Glass clarity/quality is subjective, but I have looked through all the scope brands that you've mentioned and the Bushnells are as good or better to my eye. I currently have three of them (4200 Elite 3-12x44, ET 6-24x50 and ERS 3.5-21x50) and I think they're the best thing going in their price ranges and as good or better than some much more expensive scopes, too.

I don't like the Elite 3200s. I bought one a Elite 3200 fixed 10x and the, (if I remember correctly,) the windage adjustment failed to operate after 19 shots. I bought an identical replacement scope and the windage adjustment failed to operate in under 200 shots.
Their warranty worked wonderfully, unfortunately I paid around $60 in shipping costs. :/

I def wouldnt put Vortex in the same category as Burris and Nikon though.

They are made in Japan at the LOW factory where high end Vortex, Nightforce, Japanese built Trijicon, Leupold, and I would bet March scopes are made.

Joe