• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Russians paying Talibums a bounty for killing American troops

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Goddamn, we need to turn everything east of Europe to Glass, Russia, Chinkland. Middle East, NKorea.. Spare the Aussies..

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill ...
    www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics

1 day ago - Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, ... are believed to have collected some bounty money, the officials said.

1593305780715.png

So Russians getting some payback for when we used the locals against them?
    Locals of course just hate everyone and want to kill everyone and will work with anyone that gives them money / weapons.

It's a dog eat dog world... If you do not want to get eaten, better arm the fuck up and be able to swing hard and first, preferably. The leftists want to weaken and corrupt the US military and it's educational institutions for a specific reason. If anybody is still claiming that the globalist and foreign funded plot to balkanize and carve up the USA is a "conspiracy theory", that means these people work for the enemy or are at least sympathizers in some way. The evidence is WAY too strong in this case now to claim anything else. The blue helmets are waiting in the shadows until they can be sure that no rifles lurk behind blades of grass, and then they will pounce. Hopefully, we will never reach that stage and do the necessary purging of our systems ourselves before it gets out of our control...

The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.
    An operation to incentivize the killing of American and other NATO troops would be a significant and provocative escalation of what American and Afghan officials have said is Russian support for the Taliban, and it would be the first time the Russian spy unit was known to have orchestrated attacks on Western troops.

Any involvement with the Taliban that resulted in the deaths of American troops would also be a huge escalation of Russia’s so-called hybrid war against the United States, a strategy of destabilizing adversaries through a combination of such tactics as cyberattacks, the spread of fake news and covert and deniable military operations.

The Kremlin had not been made aware of the accusations, said Dmitry Peskov, the press secretary for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia. “If someone makes them, we’ll respond,” Mr. Peskov said.

Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the Taliban, denied that the insurgents have “any such relations with any intelligence agency” and called the report an attempt to defame them.

“These kinds of deals with the Russian intelligence agency are baseless — our target killings and assassinations were ongoing in years before, and we did it on our own resources,” he said. “That changed after our deal with the Americans, and their lives are secure and we don’t attack them.”
    Spokespeople at the National Security Council, the Pentagon, the State Department and the C.I.A. declined to comment.

The officials familiar with the intelligence did not explain the White House delay in deciding how to respond to the intelligence about Russia.

While some of his closest advisers, like Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have counseled more hawkish policies toward Russia, Mr. Trump has adopted an accommodating stance toward Moscow.

At a summit in 2018 in Helsinki, Finland, Mr. Trump strongly suggested that he believed Mr. Putin’s denial that the Kremlin interfered in the 2016 presidential election, despite broad agreement within the American intelligence establishment that it did. Mr. Trump criticized a bill imposing sanctions on Russia when he signed it into law after Congress passed it by veto-proof majorities. And he has repeatedly made statements that undermined the NATO alliance as a bulwark against Russian aggression in Europe.

• Angry
    Reactions: MCHOG
    The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March, the officials said. Officials developed a menu of potential options — starting with making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and a demand that it stop, along with an escalating series of sanctions and other possible responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.
    An operation to incentivize the killing of American and other NATO troops would be a significant and provocative escalation of what American and Afghan officials have said is Russian support for the Taliban, and it would be the first time the Russian spy unit was known to have orchestrated attacks on Western troops.

Any involvement with the Taliban that resulted in the deaths of American troops would also be a huge escalation of Russia’s so-called hybrid war against the United States, a strategy of destabilizing adversaries through a combination of such tactics as cyberattacks, the spread of fake news and covert and deniable military operations.

The Kremlin had not been made aware of the accusations, said Dmitry Peskov, the press secretary for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia. “If someone makes them, we’ll respond,” Mr. Peskov said.

Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the Taliban, denied that the insurgents have “any such relations with any intelligence agency” and called the report an attempt to defame them.

“These kinds of deals with the Russian intelligence agency are baseless — our target killings and assassinations were ongoing in years before, and we did it on our own resources,” he said. “That changed after our deal with the Americans, and their lives are secure and we don’t attack them.”
    Spokespeople at the National Security Council, the Pentagon, the State Department and the C.I.A. declined to comment.

The officials familiar with the intelligence did not explain the White House delay in deciding how to respond to the intelligence about Russia.

While some of his closest advisers, like Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have counseled more hawkish policies toward Russia, Mr. Trump has adopted an accommodating stance toward Moscow.

At a summit in 2018 in Helsinki, Finland, Mr. Trump strongly suggested that he believed Mr. Putin’s denial that the Kremlin interfered in the 2016 presidential election, despite broad agreement within the American intelligence establishment that it did. Mr. Trump criticized a bill imposing sanctions on Russia when he signed it into law after Congress passed it by veto-proof majorities. And he has repeatedly made statements that undermined the NATO alliance as a bulwark against Russian aggression in Europe.
    Is this a copy/paste, or your words?

Reactions: Yasherka
    So what you are saying is that President Trump is right when he says he wants American troops out of Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and every other middle eastern sewer where we are wasting our resources and lives.

We do not need their oil, natural resources and their "friendship" is all but worthless. They are crappy allies on their best days . I'm all for trade agreements and other forms treaty with these people but in all honesty letting them kill each other is ok, we can work out a deal with whomever wins. They hate Americans and they are inspired to kill Americans by people like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Jerry Nadler and Joe Biden screaming encouragement to them as much as a Russian bounty.

We aided the enemies of Russia in Afghanistan and cost thousands of Russian lives less than 30 years ago...........................................do you think they forgot?:unsure:

would not be surprised they did it , would be even less surprised to find out the dimacrats payed the Russians to pay the afghans to kill our troops . at this point when the Chinese and corporate America is paying the blm and antifa and the dimacrats are keeping them out of jail or letting murderers out of jail to run a muck in the streets all bets are off . yep another fake fo story made up by the new york times and there good for shit reporters

Last edited:
    Fake shit stories on Russia are pretty much SOP in NYT , WAPO and rest of the MSM . And of course fools that still believe all this crap even after past couple of years where just about everything was ultimately debunked as false.

Only thing more childish are the stories on the Norks.

If ruskis wanted to make Afghanistan more bloody they would just supply ATGMs and MANPAD's like US did in Syria and prior to that Afghanistan ,yet Afghan war is nearly ATGM and MANPAD free compared to over 2000 ATGMs used in Syria of which 1200 were TOW . There are reasons why ruskis don't cosy up tho islamist jihadis, number one this is playing out very close to home , second they have been fighting islamist insurgencys since ever dont need an more of these dumb fucks getting any stronger .

But there are of course some US BFFs financing all this shit Saudis and re rest of GCC and of course the Pakistanins

Instead its more or less small arms fire and IEDs

Last edited:
    I think it is just an extra level of ick involved. Giving weaponss and aid to the enemy of an enemy is a long standing part of international relations. But it gets personal when the big enemy, Russia, is now stiring the pot up by getting the little enemy, the Taliban, to specifically kill US troops.

Reactions: shoobe01 and MCHOG
    A STORY made up by the NY Times and people are running with it like it's factual. Please give me more than a NY Times article and maybe I'd believe it. hasn't their past caught up to them yet? The NY Times will make up any story to try to hurt the US and it's government.

You meant to post 1958 did you not? The Russians paid out Rubles for American advisers in V/N way back then.
    Not that we would ever do anything like that,....:p
    Very true, I was simply referring to the current leadership there and that this is nothing new and has nothing to do with Trump. It stretched over the entire Obama years without a peep from the media. More than once we had reports of Russian involvement, both directly with Karzai and discretely amongst the people.

Reactions: j-huskey
    Very true, I was simply referring to the current leadership there and that this is nothing new and has nothing to do with Trump. It stretched over the entire Obama years without a peep from the media. More than once we had reports of Russian involvement, both directly with Karzai and discretely amongst the people.
    In a little known shit hole in S/E Asia, a Russian who had shot a guy from the 23th Americal, was captured & forced to give blood to that same guy. As time went on they became friends, both cussing their involvement in the war. After that game of tag ended the Russian moved to America with his new friends help. They lived across the street from each other in NY state for over 40 years. Strange shit happens in strange shit holes,....

Last edited:
    The Russians or Soviets have never been our friends so it shouldn't come as a surprise.
    Interesting that you say that.
    I was taught an conditioned to hate the Russians even in my early schools years of the mid 50's. Uncle reinforced an stepped up that program an until I left the service I fully believed that B/S. Then in 1994 FOB & state ask that I do some work for them in Mother Russia & 4 CIS country's. Two trips an a few months later I was questioning many things, for as I meet the people ( not gov stooges, like ours) they were saying the same thing about the American people as I was seeing in them. I don't trust their gov for shit, however I don't trust ours either. The conclusion I came to,... was far different than the one I was brain washed with all those years. Good people are the same world over, shit ass governments are just that no matter what country's name you place in front of it. I seen the same shit in S/E Asia, Korea, an both Central & South America. Allowing an agenda to get into the way of the truth is how wars are started. Just so you know our family has lost many a kinfolk to B/S wars that could have been stopped before they were started with a single mag of 22lr behind the proper ears. All wars are about money, an to keep the sheep staying the course they need to be indoctrinated from birth,... Some wake up earlier than others, some never wake up,...

Interesting that you say that.
    I was taught an conditioned to hate the Russians even in my early schools years of the mid 50's. Uncle reinforced an stepped up that program an until I left the service I fully believed that B/S. Then in 1994 FOB & state ask that I do some work for them in Mother Russia & 4 CIS country's. Two trips an a few months later I was questioning many things, for as I meet the people ( not gov stooges, like ours) they were saying the same thing about the American people as I was seeing in them. I don't trust their gov for shit, however I don't trust ours either. The conclusion I came to,... was far different than the one I was brain washed with all those years. Good people are the same world over, shit ass governments are just that no matter what country's name you place in front of it. I seen the same shit in S/E Asia, Korea, an both Central & South America. Allowing an agenda to get into the way of the truth is how wars are started. Just so you know our family has lost many a kinfolk to B/S wars that could have been stopped before they were started with a single mag of 22lr behind the proper ears. All wars are about money, an to keep the sheep staying the course they need to be indoctrinated from birth,... Some wake up earlier than others, some never wake up,...

Come on folks stop feeding off of another fake news story.

Citing U.S. officials briefed on the intelligence, the Times reports that Russia last year offered and paid money to Taliban militants to kill U.S. coalition forces in Afghanistan (while 20 U.S. soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2019, it's not clear if any were linked to the bounties.)

Where's the juice? Where's this US official? Come on, we're better than this. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Are we actually going to believe another NY Times report on another anonymous official who was briefed on this fairytale story?

Psy-ops 101, 102, 103, & 104..
    There is nothing new under the sun..
    So, this American business conglomerate, decides to muddy the water, just a bit, to slow business #2 from investing in a Russian venue, that #1 is heavily invested in, and ......
    There are multiple reasons for disinformation and it's all about business and $ today.
    Sow confusion. In confusion there is opportunity, and American business is a all about opportunity to steal as much as they can, anywhere, any way, any how....

So, the American business paid a Chinese hacker, who paid a Guatemalan, who paid an Brazilian, who paid a Chechen, who paid a New York communist jew to publish it.
    I forgot to mention the Nigerian who asked for your bank acct info in there, sent through the Dominican Republic to Amsterdam to Nigeria.

Pure business as usual.

• Love
    Reactions: Edgecrusher
    I'm truly shocked at some of these responses - those that don't believe it because calling it fake news now makes it fake and nothing is real anymore; those that shrug and say "meh;" those that blame our government because I guess they hate the other party more than our international enemies.

I guess I'm old school in having a visceral, or at least a negative, reaction to our soldiers being killed by our enemies. If this group of people can't rally around at least that, then we are truly screwed. Damn depressing.

I'm truly shocked at some of these responses - those that don't believe it because calling it fake news now makes it fake and nothing is real anymore; those that shrug and say "meh;" those that blame our government because I guess they hate the other party more than our international enemies.

I guess I'm old school in having a visceral, or at least a negative, reaction to our soldiers being killed by our enemies. If this group of people can't rally around at least that, then we are truly screwed. Damn depressing.
    Don’t put anything past Putin and don’t just believe anything he says. He was KGB, his job was Manipulation.

NYT is often grinding axes, verify but do not ignore reporting of a US intelligence assessment, backed up by multiple SO reports. It’s good to be skeptical of reporting but it’s worse to have your head in the sand.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
    the tactics being 'revealed' are old hat. The apparent ambivalence of the Commander in Chief and the ambivalence of those here to that is rather surprising. I guess POTUS really could kill a baby in Time Square and nothing will happen to him.

Time was this sort of unquestioning loyalty was fealty.

It's good to be the king.

US embassy in Moscow sure showed the ruskies the finger.
    By hanging a LGBTQ flag :ROFLMAO: o_O by the way are these standard issue nowdays?
    501917f9-bd90-4ed3-beab-0e941544f522_w948_r1.77_fpx51_fpy64.jpg

Wonder why they went with Biden instead of a transexual for president . I'm surprise Russia just hasn't attacked us Putin knows he can kick the shit out of flaming cocksuckers. What a fucking joke we are if that fag rag is flown with our Flag.

the tactics being 'revealed' are old hat. The apparent ambivalence of the Commander in Chief and the ambivalence of those here to that is rather surprising. I guess POTUS really could kill a baby in Time Square and nothing will happen to him.

Time was this sort of unquestioning loyalty was fealty.

It's good to be the king.
    Remove POTUS an insert pissy pants or one of the other shit birds from the left an I'll sign off on what you said. It's funny those fucks have been trying for almost four years but they get tripped up at every turn. The biggest one is yet to come, an I pray it pushes them over the edge, as many of us are just waiting our turn with baited breath. The interesting thing is when it starts, their leadership(left) will be hunted by MOM, I'd hate to have those guys hunting my ass. All good things come to an end and once you make the MOM list, have your shit in order, homie,...

Why wasn’t it an issue when Russia and China were supporting the Taliban during the Obama administration? He wasn’t orange enough to hate on?

How about Obama sending US funds being sent to Iran that then were used to kill Americans? You think our enemy funding mercs against us is news? Do you actually think wars are fought fairly?

Some of you fuckers need to have both your heads and your priorities examined.

Remove POTUS an insert pissy pants or one of the other shit birds from the left an I'll sign off on what you said. It's funny those fucks have been trying for almost four years but they get tripped up at every turn. The biggest one is yet to come, an I pray it pushes them over the edge, as many of us are just waiting our turn with baited breath. The interesting thing is when it starts, their leadership(left) will be hunted by MOM, I'd hate to have those guys hunting my ass. All good things come to an end and once you make the MOM list, have your shit in order, homie,...

I don't know what the MOM list is, I googled it, but what I saw I'm sure is not what you're referring to. Perhaps it's some militia type org who are 'the man who knocks'.

My shit is in order. Not sure I've ever been called a homie by anyone other than the type that's generally frowned upon here. Nice irony.

What's interesting to me, is that the last person who genuinely put foot to ass with the russians was Mattis and now he's gone and it seems we're all 'blah blah' over the russians. It does seem odd that for folks who hold highly the principles of freedom, that the majority here don't hold the russian govt in the same level of contempt as soviets. they both subjugate their own and others, they both have a totally centralized regime, they both have at their core a zero sum approach to us and our allies and the only thing they really share is an equal bling appetite that can only be described as Kardashian.

It's a different Hide. Carry on.

Why wasn’t it an issue when Russia and China were supporting the Taliban during the Obama administration? He wasn’t orange enough to hate on?

How about Obama sending US funds being sent to Iran that then were used to kill Americans? You think our enemy funding mercs against us is news? Do you actually think wars are fought fairly?

Some of you fuckers need to have both your heads and your priorities examined.

If it wasn't an issue then, then it's just as egregious and wrong as if it's an issue now. I'm not a fan of any democrat admin within the latter half of the 20th C onwards. Just making a contemporary observation, not a comparative one. I"m not naive mate, and nothing wrong with my head or priorities.

I don't know what the MOM list is, I googled it, but what I saw I'm sure is not what you're referring to. Perhaps it's some militia type org who are 'the man who knocks'.

My shit is in order. Not sure I've ever been called a homie by anyone other than the type that's generally frowned upon here. Nice irony.

What's interesting to me, is that the last person who genuinely put foot to ass with the russians was Mattis and now he's gone and it seems we're all 'blah blah' over the russians. It does seem odd that for folks who hold highly the principles of freedom, that the majority here don't hold the russian govt in the same level of contempt as soviets. they both subjugate their own and others, they both have a totally centralized regime, they both have at their core a zero sum approach to us and our allies and the only thing they really share is an equal bling appetite that can only be described as Kardashian.

It's a different Hide. Carry on.
    How is this a “...different Hide”? You haven’t been here for even two months?

If it wasn't an issue then, then it's just as egregious and wrong as if it's an issue now. I'm not a fan of any democrat admin within the latter half of the 20th C onwards. Just making a contemporary observation, not a comparative one. I"m not naive mate, and nothing wrong with my head or priorities.
    Do you even know what a proxy war is? It’s been around for millennia, and is purely business as usual. Again, an enemy funding another enemy is not news, and we have done and are doing the very fucking same.

I've been reading the Hide for years. When I got my green card and could buy a firearm I got my first .22LR and then got the bug to shoot longer range. Back in the UK, as a school boy used to shoot .303's at Bisley on excursions as part of the school CORE program I was in. Found this place over a decade ago along with Sniper Central and some other sites.

Mate, I'm not looking for aggro. I really don't care as I don't think anyone knows which way is up. YOu're former .mil so if you don't give a shit, who the hell am I. and as far it goes, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is one of my favourite films so bounty for all. forget I said anything.

Do you even know what a proxy war is?

I did say, in my first post on this thread "what was 'revealed' was old hat." meaning that nothing shocking was revealed and it was... old hat. my post was about people's reaction. If you're suggesting that we should not be surprised POTUS did nothing (assuming story to be true), then in that regards, yeah, I'm naive. Consider me a little less so now.

I've been reading the Hide for years. When I got my green card and could buy a firearm I got my first .22LR and then got the bug to shoot longer range. Back in the UK, as a school boy used to shoot .303's at Bisley on excursions as part of the school CORE program I was in. Found this place over a decade ago along with Sniper Central and some other sites.

Mate, I'm not looking for aggro. I really don't care as I don't think anyone knows which way is up. YOu're former .mil so if you don't give a shit, who the hell am I. and as far it goes, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is one of my favourite films so bounty for all. forget I said anything.
    You’re the perfect example of why this so-called reporting is so egregious. You’re fooled into thinking this is something out of the norm. We’ve been sending TOW missiles to Syria that dropped several Russian staffed choppers from the sky. They paid an insurgency, who I can attest don’t need any money to encourage them to fight, only weapons and ammo, and now the country thinks Trump is soft of Russians?

Fuck, Trump could send half our ICBM arsenal into Russia and the NYT would be reporting how he used too much restraint in not sending the other half because he’s in bed with Putin.

the supply of TOWs to FSA was well documented. I hadn't read about Russian copters being brought down. If so, hurray! When was this out of interest?

The NY Times? please.

100 years ago, the NYT was blasted because "The news about Russia is an example of what people wanted to see, not what happened," and the newspaper's news stories were not based on facts, but "were determined by the hopes of the men who made up the news organisations."

nothing has changed, except the bolsheviks are now on this side of the Atlantic.

Reactions: BALLISTIC and Fig
    NYT is often grinding axes, verify but do not ignore reporting of a US intelligence assessment, backed up by multiple SO reports. It’s good to be skeptical of reporting but it’s worse to have your head in the sand.

Until I see these "intelligence" reports my fucking self why should I believe anything any major American newspaper says?

Nothing in any of those links has any substance at all. It's rumor, innuendo, and allegations with zero to back them up.