• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B vs ATACR vs ZCO

Bigrederic

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2018
Petersburg Alaska
So after a brief affair with Gen 2 Razor, I have decided I am not happy with it and am looking ay selling it to a friend. It all stems from the last 4 scopes I have mounted prior being PMIIs and I thinkmi got spoilt. So now I am looking to either move one of my PMIIs back to my .308 from my Norma mag, and either replace it with a 7x35 ATACR or a 5x27 ZCO... or possibly just being a 5th PMii and since I know I am happy with them.

Whats the hides opinion on the 7x35 and ZCO 5x27 for a 300 Norma??

Reactions: CSTactical
So after a brief affair with Gen 2 Razor, I have decided I am not happy with it and am looking ay selling it to a friend. It all stems from the last 4 scopes I have mounted prior being PMIIs and I thinkmi got spoilt. So now I am looking to either move one of my PMIIs back to my .308 from my Norma mag, and either replace it with a 7x35 ATACR or a 5x27 ZCO... or possibly just being a 5th PMii and since I know I am happy with them.

Whats the hides opinion on the 7x35 and ZCO 5x27 for a 300 Norma??

I'd be happy to answer your questions on these fine optics, please give me a call at 916-670-1103x2 :)

Reactions: Bigrederic
I own all 3. I’d place them in this order overall

1. ZCO
2. Schmidt
3. NF

If you are considering “value” aka a pm2 for 2400 used a ZCO for 3100 used and a NF for 2700 used I’d go

1. Schmidt
2. ZCO
3. NF

If what you want is the best glass it goes ZCo, Schmidt then NF in my
Book but the 35x is useful if you live in climates where you can use it. In south Texas I get to use it maybe 3 months of the year if I’m lucky.

All that said I have a ZCO on my main PRS gun. Schmidt’s on my backup gun and 223 trainer and a 7-35 NF on my 300 Norma. With the 300 Norma you want eye relief (my gun is set up as a hybrid hunting rifle/range rifle) and at 30+x the scope is so close to you that it will sometimes barely brush my face. Not a huge deal but it will teach you to flinch which isn’t good.

They are all crazy good scopes and any of them will do the job. If money is not a concern get the ZCO as the eyebox glass and turrets are outstanding. If you want to save money and have 95+% of the scope get the Schmidt. The glass is damn near equal and it also has an Amazing eyebox. Turret spacing on Schmidt DT turrets is the worst of all 3 however.

Last edited:
I own all 3. I’d place them in this order overall

1. ZCO
2. Schmidt
3. NF

If you are considering “value” aka a pm2 for 2400 used a ZCO for 3100 used and a NF for 2700 used I’d go

1. Schmidt
2. ZCO
3. NF

If what you want is the best glass it goes ZCo, Schmidt then NF in my
Book but the 35x is useful if you live in climates where you can use it. In south Texas I get to use it maybe 3 months of the year if I’m lucky.

All that said I have a ZCO on my main PRS gun. Schmidt’s on my backup gun and 223 trainer and a 7-35 NF on my 300 Norma. With the 300 Norma you want eye relief (my gun is set up as a hybrid hunting rifle/range rifle) and at 30+x the scope is so close to you that it will sometimes barely brush my face. Not a huge deal but it will teach you to flinch which isn’t good.

They are all crazy good scopes and any of them will do the job. If money is not a concern get the ZCO as the eyebox glass and turrets are outstanding. If you want to save money and have 95+% of the scope get the Schmidt. The glass is damn near equal and it also has an Amazing eyebox. Turret spacing isn’t the worst of all 3 however.

This is kinda where I am at... I really want a PMii on my .308 again.. and I thought pulling the one off my Norma be the easy answer. Then I could upgrade the Norma to something else. I aquired the Rzr when I built my 6.5 Creedmoor, and put my .308s PMii on it.... fast forward a few months and I realized I quite shooting and reloading for it, just because I dint care as much for the glass it was topped with. I then came to the realization that I am a snob..

I had two 7x35s... I sold them for two 527s...not sure I will miss them after 1 range session with the ZCO. That being said the NF is a nice scope, there were some things I did not love about them. Now on the idea of buying NEW scopes.
I run my scopes in spuhr mounts, I like to have scope caps on mine for extra protection. I do not usually run a sunshade on my scopes but the option is nice to have. If you buy the ZCO you can score the free mount/rings and possibly caps or you get the NF and it comes with the caps and sunshade.

Also my BIGGEST complaint on the NF is the rotating ocular, if you have shot other scopes that only the mag ring moves and you like to have scope caps on your scope it will bug you having it twirl around as you make changes.

Reactions: 6.5cmfan
I'm shooting a PMII right now, but if I were in the market for a new scope today I'd probably end up buying the ZCO. The glass is a bit nicer and the elevation range is enormous. The only thing I would miss compared to my S&B is the T3 reticle, but I know how polarizing it is and the other options from ZCO are still quite nice. With new prices being roughly equal between all three of those scopes it's a no-brainer to buy the ZCO in that scenario.

If I was buying used, though, then it becomes more of a debate. The PMII can be had for such a good price here and in other used markets, while the ZCO remains much closer to retail pricing. The ZCO has the advantage of a lifetime warranty vs 2 years (probably already expired) for the Schmidt, but both scopes are made well enough that it doesn't make or break the deal for me. I've dropped my 25+ lb rifle onto my scope multiple times by accident and it still performs flawlessly, and everything I've seen says the ZCO is equally a tank. I'd probably buy another Schmidt personally if only because I can then spend the $600-800 price difference on reloading components, a barrel, or just more guns, but if the right price on a ZCO popped up first I'd probably end up with that instead.

Have a look at a Minox zp5 people are saying glass is better than the schmidt and about similar to a tt and zcom and you can find one in the px for 2300 and less

I’ve run og premier and pmii’s for a few years and been completely happy until, I fucked up and looked through a ZCO, game over

In the immortal words of Kid Rock after divorcing Pam Anderson;
“Even solid gold pussy gets old after a while”

With the ZCO promo that's going on for the next few days, you might want to order one soon :)

Reactions: gebhardt02
God dammit, SH is like a trap house
Can’t play your alpha game quite yet

I gotta have an ecodiesel rubicon gladiator on 40s before any of the kids on my block get one

Your like 3 months too late homie I know 2 guys that already have one haha

Last edited: