• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Physical Fitness ?'s For those of you that have had rotator cuff surgery

Bear Pit Exercise Routine
So it depends on what level of function you had before. You can get alot of function back and it took me almost 6 months to feel I was about 90% normal
Remember the Rotator cuff works most as you elevate your should above 80 degrees
If you do all your work below shoulder height it will not put a big load on the cuff
I used to tell patients keep the weight between your nipples and your waist and you will be fine

Reactions: DIBBS
Just getting back up after having mine done yesterday. Shoulders was worse than MRI showed. Biceps tenodesis, RT tear was worse, AC joint decompression and cleaned up a bunch of scar tissue. I got nerve block and I was feeling good. This morning it has completelt worn off. Goy behind on my pain meds overnight. Wrestled with putting a shirt on this mornin.g. Pretty painful. This is going to suck balls.

Just getting back up after having mine done yesterday. Shoulders was worse than MRI showed. Biceps tenodesis, RT tear was worse, AC joint decompression and cleaned up a bunch of scar tissue. I got nerve block and I was feeling good. This morning it has completelt worn off. Goy behind on my pain meds overnight. Wrestled with putting a shirt on this mornin.g. Pretty painful. This is going to suck balls.

Get a couple LOOSE Shirts w/snaps, 2 sizes larger than what you normally wear For the first few days take pain meds as directed and dont get behind, ice machine/cold wraps really helped me. Hang in there and good luck!

Get a couple LOOSE Shirts w/snaps, 2 sizes larger than what you normally wear For the first few days take pain meds as directed and dont get behind, ice machine/cold wraps really helped me. Hang in there and good luck!
Thanks. Ice machine is prety slick. It's been non stop. The sling sucks balls.

What really helped me after the initial recovery was swimming, it really helped bring back some range of motion.
When I was lounging around in the pool, gravity wasn't pulling on my shoulder and provided some much needed relief.

I feel for ya