• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S%#ts getting weird in Illinois

NukeMan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2017
Illinois
Governor just shut down bars and dine in restaurants. Schools are closed up. Nothing in stores. Mayors are trying to stop alcohol and firearms sales.

Didnt slow these two down.

I'll be honest my kids 12,11,8 and 4 are getting pretty scared. Closing the schools really made it hard on them. My wife and I are preparing, but not letting it show to them that were both kinda like WTF. Luckily my wife stays home so no loss in finances from her.

Yeah, but marijuana still legal and for sale right ;)
My son works in one of the greenhouses in the state. Company has mandated 1/2 work force to be off weekly. Everyone still going to get full check tho. The facility is probably more sterile, climate controlled negative pressure environment that the so-called isolation rooms at a hospital. They just don't want any virus to taint any of their products.

You people need to spend some time understanding what it means to do whatever is necessary to "flatten the curve" in an epidemic and slow exponential growth of cases of virus infections. Probably a better idea to get information from subject matter experts than Bubba and his brother Jo-Bob on a gun forum.

:)

It's Illinois, been weird there for a while now. I think it's a whole lot of politicians posturing for election time. They can point, and say look at all the stuff we did to save you!

You people need to spend some time understanding what it means to do whatever is necessary to "flatten the curve" in an epidemic and slow exponential growth of cases of virus infections. Probably a better idea to get information from subject matter experts than Bubba and his brother Jo-Bob on a gun forum.

We're probably several doubling periods past the point where we had any chance of "flattening the curve". At this point, any of this "social distancing" stuff is more likely to simply piss off the plebes to the point where they start doing stupid things.

Trust me, I'm not saying this because I think CV is no big deal. I'm saying this because I think it's far too late to make a difference.

Hopefully I'll be proven drastically wrong in a couple of weeks.

It's simple - America has set up it's Health Care System to maximize profit - any bed not occupied, any equipment not being used is liquidated to maximize profit. We have 100,000 respirators in the US - 2000 per State and about 10 in your local Hospitals and such. Once the folks who need Ventilators locally exceed 10 or so they will put #11 (and #12 and so forth) out in the hallway to die as their lungs shut down and there is no Ventilators to make them breath.

We are shutting everything down to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the health care system which has been stream lined and stripped to provide maximum profit to the hospital stock holders and Board. Once they set your Mother or Grandma out in the hallway to suffocate you'll get a lawyer/ We (The US) has fucked up and now the only way to save folks is to prevent infection at all costs. The time to prevent a huge loss of Life is *before* we overwhelm our meager Health Care System...once we have a million infected we are fucked.

That means stay home/out of work and out of mass congregations. Schools breed viruses and we have known this for like 100 years. Send 'em to school and they will bring COVID-19 home to kill Grandma, Grandpa, The Mayor, etc.

We can't deal with 1 million infected. So they are shutting it down.

VooDoo

Edited to clarify and correct math - changed "respirator" to "ventilator"

Last edited:

Agreed with all that you said and especially the above statement - but it's too late. We're going to get 1M cases; we're probably gonna get 10M cases. We simply didn't shut things down in time.

The current doubling rate is about once per 3 days. With 3700 cases as of the last time I checked (and probably more like 4000 by the end of today), we should cross that threshold in... <crunches some numbers> about 25 days. 25 days until things are royally and totally fucked. Maybe our required rate of hospitalization will be 1/10th of that in other countries; doesn't matter much, because we'll have 10M cases in a bit less than 4 days after that.

Math sucks. Hopefully biology proves to be far less cruel.

Coming to a city near you.

Don’t get caught with your pants down

tenor.gif

We had 50,000,000 flu cases and 500,000+ of them required hospitalization. Did that overwhelm the hospitals? And now Ohio’s about to be overwhelmed with 26 total cases of Cov-19 in their state and they gotta shut down everything? Gtfo.

Agreed with all that you said and especially the above statement - but it's too late. We're going to get 1M cases; we're probably gonna get 10M cases. We simply didn't shut things down in time.

The current doubling rate is about once per 3 days. With 3700 cases as of the last time I checked (and probably more like 4000 by the end of today), we should cross that threshold in... <crunches some numbers> about 25 days. 25 days until things are royally and totally fucked. Maybe our required rate of hospitalization will be 1/10th of that in other countries; doesn't matter much, because we'll have 10M cases in a bit less than 4 days after that.

Just saw a secret clip of a White House situation room meeting which confirms your numbers:

We had 50,000,000 flu cases and 500,000+ of them required hospitalization. Did that overwhelm the hospitals? And now Ohio’s about to be overwhelmed with 26 total cases of Cov-19 in their state and they gotta shut down everything? Gtfo.

Ventilators. It's about Ventilators. We don't have enough. This is not the flu and requires treatment options (respirators) that are in short supply because they are expensive and our profit driven Health Care System decided not to have any extra on hand.

It's about Ventilators. This is a SARS type corona virus. Acute respiratory failure. It doesn't make you sneeze, it overwhelms the respiratory system and those severely affected will die during that period where they cannot breath on their own. As opposed to the common flu which can cause death mostly due to secondary infections like pneumonia which is highly treatable with drugs.

It's not The Flu. It's about Ventilators. We don't have enough.

VooDoo

Edited to change "Respirator" to "Ventilator"

Last edited:
Respirators. It's about respirators. We don't have enough. This is not the flu and requires treatment options (respirators) that are in short supply because they are expensive and our profit driven Health Care System decided not to have any extra on hand.

It's about respirators. This is a SARS type corona virus. Acute respiratory failure. It doesn't make you sneeze, it overwhelms the respiratory system and those severely affected will die during that period where they cannot breath on their own. As opposed to the common flu which can cause death mostly due to secondary infections like pneumonia which is highly treatable with drugs.

It's not The Flu. It's about respirators. We don't have enough.

VooDoo

How many respirators do we have? How many will we need? Why are thousands of them in stock online? Is this a business decision by hospitals to not buy them?

Remember when we needed to ban ARs because they were killing everyone? “We must save lives”. Here’s the Ohio governor using the same narrative. We of all people should have good reason to be skeptical.

Attachments

• 33B15C1F-5064-4848-9023-9DE7A27C48EF.png
    33B15C1F-5064-4848-9023-9DE7A27C48EF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 2A1179D8-8AA5-4EB5-8A03-6D70FB124FEB.png
    2A1179D8-8AA5-4EB5-8A03-6D70FB124FEB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Corona Virus has been here for months. Many people here in Ohio has already had it. They went to the ER for fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, body aches and the doctors couldnt identify what they had. Some even got pneumonia from it. I know 4 personally. This was over a month ago.

None of them died. Ages ranged from 27-60.

Edit: The local hospitals here have been SWAMPED since December 2019.

As always, the gov is late to the party.

Last edited:
Respirators. It's about respirators. We don't have enough. This is not the flu and requires treatment options (respirators) that are in short supply because they are expensive and our profit driven Health Care System decided not to have any extra on hand.

It's about respirators. This is a SARS type corona virus. Acute respiratory failure. It doesn't make you sneeze, it overwhelms the respiratory system and those severely affected will die during that period where they cannot breath on their own. As opposed to the common flu which can cause death mostly due to secondary infections like pneumonia which is highly treatable with drugs.

VooDoo

By "respirators" do you mean ventilators? Ventilators are what's required in cases of respiratory failure. You're right, we don't have a ton of them. We do have an abundance of CPAP and BIPAP machines that can be easily converted into ventilators. Then you need a sizable army of nurses to make sure things are taken care of.

I think the gubment should force everyonw onto malls and stadiums . Then meke everyone spit 8n each others mouth . Last man atanding wins it all .

Reactions: oneshot86
Corona Virus has been here for months. Many people here in Ohio has already had it. They went to the ER for fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, body aches and the doctors couldnt identify what they had. Some even got pneumonia from it. I know 4 personally. This was over a month ago.

The gov doesn’t need to be at the party. If the hospitals don’t have enough shit, guess what, they’ll buy more and the company’s will sell it to them. If the government steps in they’ll mess everything up like they always do.

Yeah, my Bad. Ventilators....we have 100,000 of them in the US - 2000 per State and like 10 of them in the area where I live. Case #11 who needs a machine to breath for them get's to die.

VooDoo

Myself and a friend had something in December/January that matched Coronavirus and couldn’t be diagnosed. It was like a very severe flu
Yeah, my Bad. Ventilators....we have 100,000 of them in the US - 2000 per State and like 10 of them in the area where I live. Case #11 who needs a machine to breath for them get's to die.

VooDoo
That has nothing to do with capitalism. Firstly because we don’t have a free market for healthcare anyway. Secondly because of the Certificate of Need system. Thirdly, nations with socialized medicine have the same problem.

Also, they won’t give ventilators based on first come first served but in likelihood of survival.

Coming to a city near you.

Don’t get caught with your pants down

Cant be caught with your pants down if you dont wear pants. People need to quit freaking the fuck out. When has the Gov ever tried to take care of it's own people out of the good ess of their hearts? Gun owners should be the least worried, as we have seen this same shit played out time and time again

It's simple - America has set up it's Health Care System to maximize profit - any bed not occupied, any equipment not being used is liquidated to maximize profit. We have 100,000 respirators in the US - 200 per State and about 10 in your local Hospitals and such. Once the folks who need respirators locally exceed 10 or so they will put #11 (and #12 and so forth) out in the hallway to die as their lungs shut down and there is no respirator to make them breath.

We are shutting everything down to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the health care system which has been stream lined and stripped to provide maximum profit to the hospital stock holders and Board. Once they set your Mother or Grandma out in the hallway to suffocate you'll get a lawyer/ We (The US) has fucked up and now the only way to save folks is to prevent infection at all costs. The time to prevent a huge loss of Life is *before* we overwhelm our meager Health Care System...once we have a million infected we are fucked.

That means stay home/out of work and out of mass congregations. Schools breed viruses and we have known this for like 100 years. Send 'em to school and they will bring COVID-19 home to kill Grandma, Grandpa, The Mayor, etc.

VooDoo

dude I work in critical care and can honestly say you have no idea wtf you’re talking about

We’ll hold you to that. You’ve got 30 days for the body stacking to begin. If it misses, you have to admit your information sources turned you into a panty-waist and unplug them.

dude I work in critical care and can honestly say you have no idea wtf you’re talking about
The words you quoted and disagree with are pretty much spot on. That is exactly the approach being taken. My wife is a PRN, but she doesn't practice in the capacity one might think. She is actually an executive clinician with one of the largest healthcare providers in the country. I listened to her conference calls all weekend. She was in contact with the president of said division(s). They are moving surgeries out of the hospitals to the ambulatory setting, just so they can make room in the hospitals. They don't wan't to overwhelm the hospitals. Hence all the social distancing guidelines, they have to slow the spread down. All cosmetic surgeries, postponed! I would give more details, but some of it might fall into the "confidential" zone. I heard some drastic measures being taken and guidelines have been set for those with certain symptoms. I assure you they are not taking this lightly, and have huge concerns with liability and the bottom dollar. I was surprised to hear a lot of emphasis on patient care and safety. Some of the stories I hear of fuck ups daily in the healthcare setting, made me surprised to hear this. Boy I have heard some stories of fuck-ups.

VooDoo
Profit driven. Typed as a negative. I’m sure the commie system you want is so much better.

You over indoctrinated people must have all missed history class and current events

It's simple - America has set up it's Health Care System to maximize profit - any bed not occupied, any equipment not being used is liquidated to maximize profit. We have 100,000 respirators in the US - 200 per State and about 10 in your local Hospitals and such. Once the folks who need respirators locally exceed 10 or so they will put #11 (and #12 and so forth) out in the hallway to die as their lungs shut down and there is no respirator to make them breath.

VooDoo
100,000 ÷ 50 = 2000per state. Still not enough but your math is off by a factor of 10.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
We’ll hold you to that. You’ve got 30 days for the body stacking to begin. If it misses, you have to admit your information sources turned you into a panty-waist and unplug them.

I love how "can do basic math" has now turned into "panty-waist". Lemme guess; you beat up nerds in 7th-grade gym class, right?

I love how "can do basic math" has now turned into "panty-waist". Lemme guess; you beat up nerds in 7th-grade gym class, right?

Garbage in, garbage out. You’re operating off doinked logic. Run the numbers right, and you’re still wrong.

I never beat up nerds, either. I did beat up a couple guys that did.

The point of my post is that there will be real world results. But will you go where the evidence leads? If this turns out to be hysteria, will you grab your sack, step out of the locker, look yourself in the mirror, and say, “I’ve been a panty-waist, and that isn’t going to happen again.”? Then walk across the room and unplug your TV.

You’re asking me to join you in your panic. I’m asking if you’re willing to join me in doubting your sources.

Reactions: Foul Mike
Dude, if you can't remember the last time you had to triage out your last critical care capability while watching those unlucky enough not to make the cut die, then I can honestly say you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Got the word this morning in the OR, all elective surgeries are postponed for the next 45 days. Half of our cases were canceled today. The rest of the week is pretty light.

Still not panicking and neither is anyone else I work with.

Reactions: jakelly and lte82
96DAA0BC-CF79-40E8-B51D-79D51982FB9A.png

Dude...
Social and lifecourse epidemiologist...
Get a clue. Do you shoot precision rifles? Seriously, why are you here?

Dude...
Social and lifecourse epidemiologist...
Get a clue. Do you shoot precision rifles? Seriously, why are you here?
[/QUOTE]

Already have something of a clue, thanks.
Of course.
To square up in the face of pig-ignorance in this here "bearpit".

Oh, and here's an even bigger clue for any "useful idiots" still out there... epidemiologists and life & biology scientists will spearhead the solution to this global pandemic.

Meanwhile, we're about to get an epidemiological crash-course in how this virus won't give a flying f#@k about our politics or how adept we are with our precision rifles.

Now "Keep Calm and Bury Gran".

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Well make up your minds. If I'm going to die from this B/S at least allow me to start shooting up all the ammo I have first. Would Someone be kind enough to supply a few of my favorite targets?

Come on man. You know half these tinfoil hat wearing chuckleheads have been isolating themselves from others for years. Can’t get exposed eating surplus c-rats from their home-brew fallout/emp/hyperinflation/gun-grab/alien shelter. The other half are just scared and trying to act tough.

“I don’t believe gub’ment bubba knows better” and “1iys all just a panic, these dumb people don’t know what they’re doing, I know all”. They sound like a bunch of novaxer Karens trying to kill their own children.

Pay them no mind, let them play with fire. We’ll just read a sappy obituary thread in a month.

Last edited:
My boy was supposed to have a dentist appt yesterday. Cancelled due to recommendation by Minnesota Dentistry Association or some shit like that.

Gubernor of MN has shut down all restaurants with the exception for take out/delivery.

Liquor and gun sales A-OK.

Plenty of liquor on the shelves, guns and ammo not so much.

News today in AL reports approximately 50% of "state" stores will be closed. Dat mean in AL, liquor sales are gonna slow down some....

Until we map out the open stores...

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate