• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns S&W .380 Sigma

HotLash

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
I'm borrowing my dad's Sigma. When he lent it to me, it was flawless, but has become less so as I CC'd it and shot it at the range. My problem is this:

I already understand that the design of this pistol is junk. If you're familiar with how the mag locks into the grip, you know what I'm talking about.

The mag not only refuses to stay clipped in, but also doesn't feel like it seats fully, and I have constant FTE issues. The pistol mostly sits upside down in the door panel in my truck, and even upside down, the mag pops out. I'm looking at an M&P9c, and wish to return the Sigma, but I refuse to with the mag problems. I'd hate to take it to a gunsmith if I don't have to, but I will if that's my only option. Has anyone had any experience with these little things?

By the way, for some insane reason, they hold their value. I'm surprised S&W hasn't bought them all back out of sheer embarassment.

Re: S&W .380 Sigma

Have you tried more than one magazine, maybe the mags at fault? I would get it functional and sell it for your dad.

Smith and Wesson Warrantee

Excerpt from the S&W Warrantee FAQ

<span style="font-style: italic">We will repair any defect in material or workmanship without charge to the original purchaser for as long as you own the handgun. </span>

One option is to return it to the manufacturer and have them fix the discrepancy. I have handled more than one S&W Sigma, and while I am not particularly impressed, I did not have any issues with magazines spontaneously unseating.

Thank you for the replies. I don't know where my dads paperwork for the original purchase is, but I'm sure he has it. I will contact S&W to see if they can help. Pistol has 2 mags, neither work.Thank you for the replies. I don't know where my dads paperwork for the original purchase is, but I'm sure he has it. I will contact S&W to see if they can help. Pistol has 2 mags, neither work.