• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns S&W M&P C.O.R.E which RMR is best?

Stalpeth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Metropolis, IL
Ok so thinking about getting an M&P Pro Series 5in 9mm and plan on running an RMR but can't decided which one to go with. I will mainly be shooting steel with this setup. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I agree RM07 is my favorite rmr and I have used one a good bit and a delta point also. My opinion is that the trijicon looks to me like it is built quite a bit sturdier but I like the delta point for range use better because the glass is clearer and you can zero the tip of the triangle to be a fine aiming point and put the whole triangle on the target for quick shots. I think it all comes down to how hard of use it's going to see.

I would go for the RM02. You said mainly shooting steel so the RM07 would be OK but if you were thinking of carrying it simpler is better. With the RM02 it is always on and you just change the battery every year or 18 months. I for sure don't like the dual-illuminated version as it seems (to me) that it is either really bright or not bright enough...

Also I would think about getting the 4.25" M&P CORE instead of the 5" if you are going to put an RMR on it. The RMR negates any sight radius advantage you would have with the longer barrel and you will have a much easier time finding holsters that will fit the 4.25" version.

The leupold delta point will allow you to co witness the sights. I dont think the RMR will.

I had the RM06 on mine, I like the smaller dot for distance shots(50 - 75yds) In the end, I just didn't like optics on a pistol, never have. I just thought I'd try it out once on M&P CORE 5in.

If you're going to gong steel at IPSC type distances, you may find the larger dot helpful. I just always maxed out my brightness when I wanted a bigger dot as it seems the rays of light extend out(perceptually) to "make" the dot larger.

This is a very personal decision that I'd highly recommend you seek to observe in person before committing to a potentially costly unhappiness. Best of luck!

-G45