• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SA police have new tactic

He died of head injuries received in the cells, but that's a really shitty argument seanh.

I believe you're confused...this wasn't the USA. You need to understand that in many other countries it's OK to beat someone severely who was resisting arrest.

He died of head injuries received in the cells, but that's a really shitty argument seanh.

I see no shittiness in Sean's post, the guy pissed them off, and they did what they normally do, only trouble is that this time there was a camera at the scene. Without the camera, it would have been just another day at the office. Welcome to Africa

Last edited:
I see no shittiness in Sean's post, the guy pissed them off, and they did what they normally do, only trouble is that this time there was a camera at the scene. Without the camera, it would have been just another day at the office. Welcome to Africa

Not acceptable and you know it. Not sure of what your motives would be for a claim like that.

I believe you're confused...this wasn't the USA. You need to understand that in many other countries it's OK to beat someone severely who was resisting arrest.

Actually its you that seems to be confused seanh, eight officers were arrested on murder charges. http://news.iafrica.com/sa/845216.html and http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/World/Story/A1Story20130302-405786.html

Its not OK to beat someone severely, for resisting arrest in South Africa.

I work with several SA police officers... After watching the clip their response was, "it happens, he should have gotten into the van" AND then they started telling horror stories of everyday life in SA and the shit they used to deal with while full time on the force... WOW, not what we're used to in the US.

Not acceptable and you know it. Not sure of what your motives would be for a claim like that.

Actually its you that seems to be confused seanh, eight officers were arrested on murder charges. http://news.iafrica.com/sa/845216.html and http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/World/Story/A1Story20130302-405786.html

Its not OK to beat someone severely, for resisting arrest in South Africa.

Not sure where in ZA you live, your profile is pretty barren, but I sure could use a pair of your pretty lil' rose colored specs boet. Read your own link, the whole link, and I quote; "The police watchdog worked on 932 cases of suspicious deaths in custody or other policing contexts from 2011 to 2012, according to official figures". That is mighty close to 3 deaths (or other policing contexts) in EACH day. Lets presume that only a fraction of those beaten actually dies, makes your claim a little less credible. Furthermore, the official complaints lodged in the same 2011/2012 year against the police for assault and gross misconduct was 2912. (8 per day) That is obviously only the actual reported cases, not those where intimidation and fear of retaliation are concerned, which I can bet you a rand to a kilo of the smelly brown stuff will far exceed the actual complaints lodged.

I will freely and gratefully admit that the VAST majority of our cops are salt of the earth guys, but pull your head out of your ass and actually look what is happening in this country before defending the indefensible. At my age, I have no motive, or, what you were more than likely implying, agendas, I read and keep up with what is going on, keep my ass clean and hope to die much older than I currently am with my boots on. You?

Frank, how do you suggest the police take control of someone that will not comply? Are the police to simply keep saying "please"?

Severe beatings happen here all the time and cops get away with it. Oddly, those that do as their told end up without a mark.

Frank, how do you suggest the police take control of someone that will not comply? Are the police to simply keep saying "please"?

Severe beatings happen here all the time and cops get away with it. Oddly, those that do as their told end up without a mark.

Your comment was that if he had complied , he would be alive, basically impelling that if anyone offers unarmed non compliance against 5 police officers sworn to up hold the law, they can expect to die.

That was the issue I had.

I would have no issue if he had been taken down hard by the cops and correctly secured in the vehicle. Five against one, shouldn't have been an issue.

Not sure where in ZA you live, your profile is pretty barren, but I sure could use a pair of your pretty lil' rose colored specs boet. Read your own link, the whole link, and I quote; "The police watchdog worked on 932 cases of suspicious deaths in custody or other policing contexts from 2011 to 2012, according to official figures". That is mighty close to 3 deaths (or other policing contexts) in EACH day. Lets presume that only a fraction of those beaten actually dies, makes your claim a little less credible. Furthermore, the official complaints lodged in the same 2011/2012 year against the police for assault and gross misconduct was 2912. (8 per day) That is obviously only the actual reported cases, not those where intimidation and fear of retaliation are concerned, which I can bet you a rand to a kilo of the smelly brown stuff will far exceed the actual complaints lodged.

I will freely and gratefully admit that the VAST majority of our cops are salt of the earth guys, but pull your head out of your ass and actually look what is happening in this country before defending the indefensible. At my age, I have no motive, or, what you were more than likely implying, agendas, I read and keep up with what is going on, keep my ass clean and hope to die much older than I currently am with my boots on. You?

You've changed your tune from
the guy pissed them off, and they did what they normally do
implicating all cops in SA,

to
I will freely and gratefully admit that the VAST majority of our cops are salt of the earth guys
which suddenly paints a different picture. At least you have now "pulled your head out of your ass"

The mere fact that we are aware of these 900+ deaths in custody, which are been investigated, proves that it is neither acceptable nor the norm.

Last edited:
Since you have taken only two points from the entire post to comment on, allow me to elucidate your narrow train of thought.

a) Salt of the earth, as I understand it, and as Mike so aptly phrased above, simply means that they will accord you the respect you deserve, but that will not prevent them from beating the crap out of you if you act like a total dickhead

b) The most probable reason that 900 deaths are being investigated, is that it's apparently exceedingly difficult to hide a dead body in a cell.

I'm finished with you, enjoy your happy place, it must be all warm and fuzzy in there.