• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SA Saint Pistol with a Suppressor

Hello All,
MudRunner2005, I'd be interested in the same muzzle device you've commissioned to be built. I also have a SAINT 7.5" and have a Dead Air Sandman-S working its way through the ATF process, about 7 months to go I think.
Question for others who are still on this thread, any reason why you chose the route of changing the handguard -vs- changing the barrel? Bear Creek arsenal has an 8.5" 5.56 barrel I've also seen 9" 5.56 barrels as well. I was thinking/hoping that 8.5" would be enough to clear the handguard for the Keymo muzzle brake. I really like the handguard on the SAINT and don't want to swap that out or modify it.
Simple answer for me is that (a) I really liked the SLR 6" handguard, (b) changing the barrel was way more expensive, (c) a barrel change is a pain in the butt compared to a handguard swap out, and (d) I wanted the shorter length due to storage in a pistol safe. I've been super happy with the result.

1616110555654.png

Reactions: Bama Saint
***** Alright, UPDATE time on the Saint Brake! *****

I just talked with the guy who owns the company... He said due to recent influx of backorders for existing muzzle brakes they are currently SLAMMED with orders, which, Business 101 tells you that those take priority. He did say that it is still on his mind, and to tell yall that this mount becoming a reality is a "SOLID maybe". He said he does definitely want to explore and experiment with it, and see what he can come up with when he gets free time, because he also sees the potential for it. 👍🏼

I told him that some folks had concerns about who was making it, and what the quality would be like, etc... He said to put everyone's minds at ease, I could finally tell everyone who it was that would be making them, so that you would KNOW it's a solid product from a reputable company that's been around a long time, and is already fully-licensed to make top-quality Dead Air mounts for other specialty applications. And that if yall were interested in one, to let them know, because gaging the interest in something like this, helps determine the speed and reality of this muzzle brake.

If you, or anyone else you know might be interested in one of these for your Saint Victor pistol, please be sure to call or email them and let them know that this is something you're interested in... If you know someone who might be interested, tell them about this thread, and have them do the same. Like I said, gaging interest goes a long way when determining how quickly something experimental can become a reality.

Here is a link to their website, so yall can see the level of quality and production they have. 👍🏼

Last edited:
I have mentioned it several times to JMac, and he did mention it to his machining company engineers, so hopefully they're getting caught-up with the rush stuff, and can start looking into engineering the extended KeyMount brake. 👍🏼

Some progress is being made… This is a Titanium 3D-printed prototype, made just for test fitting. The real ones will be tool steel and hardened just like the muzzle brakes.

I will keep y’all posted when more progress is relayed to me via JMac Customs.

DA1ABDBB-A5E6-4099-8281-416C0AC0927A.jpeg
BB27568E-92E4-43AB-B00B-7BA6D26BA180.jpeg
858A13BF-8212-4240-8A34-0CD581D6C1A7.jpeg
9609D90D-5E65-4167-99D1-228B5D8B1618.jpeg

Fantastic! Exactly what I was looking to do, the KeyMo mount and have the Dead Air Pyro Brake when not shooting suppressed.

Fantastic! Exactly what I was looking to do, the KeyMo mount and have the Dead Air Pyro Brake when not shooting suppressed.
The Pyro brake is cool, but you should also checkout the JMac Customs BDS-37 on a Dead Air KeyMo mount (just like in the pictures above). It's what I run on my 14.5" when not suppressed. It gives you all the great functions of the KeyMount muzzle brake, but directs all the blast and sound outwards and away from you and those around you. It works surprisingly well.

***** Alright, UPDATE time on the Saint Brake! *****

I just talked with the guy who owns the company... He said due to recent influx of backorders for existing muzzle brakes they are currently SLAMMED with orders, which, Business 101 tells you that those take priority. He did say that it is still on his mind, and to tell yall that this mount becoming a reality is a "SOLID maybe". He said he does definitely want to explore and experiment with it, and see what he can come up with when he gets free time, because he also sees the potential for it. 👍🏼

I told him that some folks had concerns about who was making it, and what the quality would be like, etc... He said to put everyone's minds at ease, I could finally tell everyone who it was that would be making them, so that you would KNOW it's a solid product from a reputable company that's been around a long time, and is already fully-licensed to make top-quality Dead Air mounts for other specialty applications. And that if yall were interested in one, to let them know, because gaging the interest in something like this, helps determine the speed and reality of this muzzle brake.

If you, or anyone else you know might be interested in one of these for your Saint Victor pistol, please be sure to call or email them and let them know that this is something you're interested in... If you know someone who might be interested, tell them about this thread, and have them do the same. Like I said, gaging interest goes a long way when determining how quickly something experimental can become a reality.

Here is a link to their website, so yall can see the level of quality and production they have. 👍🏼

I stumbled into this forum looking for a solution to add a silencer on my new Saint Victor AR Pistol, 5.56

I am not comfortable changing out the other parts so this definitely looks like the solution for me. Any updates on if this is a reality yet? I would buy this the same day it is available. Thanks guys.

--EDIT--
Just noticed the date of the most recent update, so never mind. When this is released and I buy it and add it to my Victor could this mess up my gun in any way, like if I shoot too fast? (New to this stuff...)
Thanks

Cool to see new products coming out! Our 1.375x24 blast diverter is currently at nitride now, hopefully available in the next 3 weeks. Below is raw with KeyMo adapter installed.

View attachment 7673127
This item fits the Saint Victor 5.56 pistol ? And is the blast diverter as effective as the silencer in protecting my hearing, reducing sound if I need to shoot this thing without ear protection in a self defense situation? Thanks

I stumbled into this forum looking for a solution to add a silencer on my new Saint Victor AR Pistol, 5.56

I am not comfortable changing out the other parts so this definitely looks like the solution for me. Any updates on if this is a reality yet? I would buy this the same day it is available. Thanks guys.

--EDIT--
Just noticed the date of the most recent update, so never mind. When this is released and I buy it and add it to my Victor could this mess up my gun in any way, like if I shoot too fast? (New to this stuff...)
Thanks
No, it will not mess up your gun. Just make sure to install it using Rocksett on the barrel threads, and torque it to the proper torque specs they recommend. Let it sit for at least 24 hours before shooting, because you want the Rocksett to properly cure.

Reactions: ed_money
This item fits the Saint Victor 5.56 pistol ? And is the blast diverter as effective as the silencer in protecting my hearing, reducing sound if I need to shoot this thing without ear protection in a self defense situation? Thanks
Yes, will fit any rifle with the appropriate adapter (Dead Air, Griffin, Rearden, Q etc...). It does not reduce sound at all, but pushing the pressure forward so not as ridiculous. Silencer is always the better solution.

You don't need any adapters, you just need the extended mount. It will be 1 solid CNC machined piece for consistence and concentricity, just like a regular KeyMount Brake, just a longer distance from the thread to the locking lugs. If you try to use an adapter, you're likely to have issues. That's why this mount is being made by a professional company that builds and designs such things.

Hey @MudRunner2005 you stated '...if you use an adapter you're likely to have issues', I'm new to this stuff, so this is a little concerning to me because that is my plan. Based on advice from guys on a different forum I am going to remove my blast diverter on my Saint Victor Pistol 5.56 (which is a 7.5" barrel)
and install this adapter,
https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/1-2x28-to-5-8x24-thread-adapter-ar15-to-30-cal-suppressor/
that will add about 3" and make it clear the handguard, then I'll add a 30 cal can. Lastly, I'm going to add a Bootleg BCG to handle the extra blowback from the suppressor, this one here:
https://bootleginc.com/product/full-auto-adjustable-carrier/

What do you think about this setup and plan? Thanks

Hey @MudRunner2005 you stated '...if you use an adapter you're likely to have issues', I'm new to this stuff, so this is a little concerning to me because that is my plan. Based on advice from guys on a different forum I am going to remove my blast diverter on my Saint Victor Pistol 5.56 (which is a 7.5" barrel)
and install this adapter,
https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/1-2x28-to-5-8x24-thread-adapter-ar15-to-30-cal-suppressor/
that will add about 3" and make it clear the handguard, then I'll add a 30 cal can. Lastly, I'm going to add a Bootleg BCG to handle the extra blowback from the suppressor, this one here:
https://bootleginc.com/product/full-auto-adjustable-carrier/

What do you think about this setup and plan? Thanks
Looking at it, it isn't going to add 3" to the barrel. That whole adapter probably isn't more than 2" long. Under dimensions, it's most-likely the package it comes in is 3" x 2" x 0.5". I'd say after installation, you'll only add about 1" maybe 1.5"...Which would be about perfect to clear the handguard of the Saint. I don't know how long JMac is going to take to get their's up and going, but it will be designed specifically for the Saint Victor pistols to optimize both aesthetics and function for that particular firearm, when adding a suppressor (smooth look).

When you get that KNS adapter, I'd be curious to know exact dimensions of it, and how much of the adapter exits past the handguard. Because if it will work, I might order one for a cheap quick temporary ability to use a can on my Saint while waiting for JMac to finish their's up.

@MudRunner2005 I will take some pics with measurements when it comes in for you dude...

I anticipate some trouble removing the blast diverter, no idea how I am going to do that. I have some wrenches but a little nervous about how to hold the gun in place while I twist the blast diverter off...

@MudRunner2005 I will take some pics with measurements when it comes in for you dude...

I anticipate some trouble removing the blast diverter, no idea how I am going to do that. I have some wrenches but a little nervous about how to hold the gun in place while I twist the blast diverter off...
A 3/4” wrench (or armorer’s wrench), a sturdy mounted vise, and a reaction rod. I recommend either a Real Avid or Geissele, since they lock into the solid hardened steel locking lugs of the barrel, so as not to put stress on the thin aluminum receiver.

Looking at it, it isn't going to add 3" to the barrel. That whole adapter probably isn't more than 2" long. Under dimensions, it's most-likely the package it comes in is 3" x 2" x 0.5". I'd say after installation, you'll only add about 1" maybe 1.5"...Which would be about perfect to clear the handguard of the Saint. I don't know how long JMac is going to take to get their's up and going, but it will be designed specifically for the Saint Victor pistols to optimize both aesthetics and function for that particular firearm, when adding a suppressor (smooth look).

When you get that KNS adapter, I'd be curious to know exact dimensions of it, and how much of the adapter exits past the handguard. Because if it will work, I might order one for a cheap quick temporary ability to use a can on my Saint while waiting for JMac to finish their's up.

The adapter finally came in. Like you said it's shorter than I thought.

It looks like it only clears past the hand guard by about 1/2 inch maybe...My vise grip is in the mail so I couldn't remove my blast diverter just yet but I was able to get almost an exact representation of what it will look like. The piece is only just over 1.5 inches

dimensions.JPG

I put tape where the hand guard ends then removed it and lined up the adapter to where it would be installed, excluding the crush washer.

tape.JPG
line-measure1.JPG
barrel-end.JPG

Then I reinstalled the handguard and measured, it really only clears the hand guard by about 1/2 inch at most.

line-measure2.JPG

So I am guessing this is not enough clearance for a suppressor, what do you think?

Nope... Man, that's SO close, but it looks like the thread will end up being about 1/8" to 1/4" too short (under the handguard).

Last edited:
Yeah bummer...

But I found a solution. We really only need about 1.25 inch to clear the handguard of the Victor in order to add a suppressor. I found a barrel extender that will add 1.5 inches and the diameter is 3/4 inch so it will definitely fit inside the handguard. They also have a 5/8″-24 thread pattern but I'll buy this one, the 1/2-28 thread pattern.
https://hughesprecision.com/product...apter-1-1-2-long-by-1-2-28-tpi-to-1-2-28-tpi/

I'll order that one and show actual dimensions to confirm. Then I won't even need the adapter, I'll just buy a 5.56 can. But for you to fit your 30 cal can you will have the extender and then the adapter. Or the adapter first then the 5/8″-24 extender depending on which thread you go with.

The company looks legit, from the website, "Manufactured From High Quality 4140 Alloy Steel With Hot Blued Finish"

I think with this I should be good to go I'll let you know.

Yeah bummer...

But I found a solution. We really only need about 1.25 inch to clear the handguard of the Victor in order to add a suppressor. I found a barrel extender that will add 1.5 inches and the diameter is 3/4 inch so it will definitely fit inside the handguard. They also have a 5/8″-24 thread pattern but I'll buy this one, the 1/2-28 thread pattern.
https://hughesprecision.com/product...apter-1-1-2-long-by-1-2-28-tpi-to-1-2-28-tpi/

I'll order that one and show actual dimensions to confirm. Then I won't even need the adapter, I'll just buy a 5.56 can. But for you to fit your 30 cal can you will have the extender and then the adapter. Or the adapter first then the 5/8″-24 extender depending on which thread you go with.

The company looks legit, from the website, "Manufactured From High Quality 4140 Alloy Steel With Hot Blued Finish"

I think with this I should be good to go I'll let you know.
If you plan on running direct-thread setup, yes. I run KeyMo/KeyMount setups on my AR's. And they sell 1/2x28 KeyMount brakes, so I wouldn't need any thread adapters.

Thanks for all the help. What do you think of a barrel extender like this one:
https://retrorifles.com/barrel-extenders-3-5-4-5-inch-length-5-56-223/

This would add about 3 inches to my barrel to help with the pressure from the suppressor. What do you think about these?
Way too much extension, and I wouldn't recommend that. You want something that has a bore diameter larger than your bore, because you don't want it affecting the bullet, gasses, or pressures. I would stick with something short, like the style of adapters you've been looking at previously.

Or, just wait until the proper purpose-built and designed one from JMac is available. It would be the best bet, since it was designed specifically for our guns, to clear the handguard, for suppressor use.

Way too much extension, and I wouldn't recommend that. You want something that has a bore diameter larger than your bore, because you don't want it affecting the bullet, gasses, or pressures. I would stick with something short, like the style of adapters you've been looking at previously.

Or, just wait until the proper purpose-built and designed one from JMac is available. It would be the best bet, since it was designed specifically for our guns, to clear the handguard, for suppressor use.

Thanks for the word of caution, I won't go that route. Although I'd prefer the JMac, can't wait on it, also in addition I don't want to wait a year or more to get cleared by you know who, so I am going with a form 1 'solvent kit' so I can get in a month hopefully.

That being said, do you think with the short adapter I linked previously, also adding the bootleg adjustable BCG for suppressor blowback and the Quiet Bore 5.56 suppressor I'd be safe? Thanks

Thanks for the word of caution, I won't go that route. Although I'd prefer the JMac, can't wait on it, also in addition I don't want to wait a year or more to get cleared by you know who, so I am going with a form 1 'solvent kit' so I can get in a month hopefully.

That being said, do you think with the short adapter I linked previously, also adding the bootleg adjustable BCG for suppressor blowback and the Quiet Bore 5.56 suppressor I'd be safe? Thanks
I talked to him earlier today, he said he has it in que, but he's been slammed with the CNC's and hasn't had a gap where he could run a few out. But I'll let you know ASAP. He's keeping me updated on them, as they go along. Their CNC work is precise, and it will be one of the nicest adapters out there. Plus, the purpose-built design lends to perfect fitment. As much as I want to suppress my SAINT, I'll keep waiting, as I have plenty of other things to suppress and play with in the meantime. 👍🏼

At what point does adding an extension onto a 7.5" barrel cause one to conclude that maybe a longer barrel is the right path?

At what point does adding an extension onto a 7.5" barrel cause one to conclude that maybe a longer barrel is the right path?
I'm totally out of my league with changing to a longer barrel, don't have the tools nor the experience. This is my first AR, and honestly I chose it because it looked good and got good reviews. Putting a suppressor on it was an after thought but now knowing how LOUD it is I am really concerned if I ever have to use this in the real world without ear protection.

Changing a barrel on an AR is simple.

Remove handguard....

Remove barrel nut....

That easy....

Doc

At the point where putting a $35-50 extension is just as good, but WAY cheaper than a $200+ barrel. I built all my own AR's, so swapping out the barrel is nothing for me, but I kind of like the SAINT in it's current config, just the short barrel under the skinny handguard is kind of a pisser. If I were to swap barrels, I'd toss in an 8.5" .300 BLK barrel, but I want to leave it 5.56 for SHTF purposes. It's my little go-to weapon. Even with the 0x magnification on the Holosun HS507C-X2, I can still shoot 1.5" groups at 100 yards with it. So, it's pretty damn accurate for a 7.5" 5.56. In a true SHTF .223/5.56 will be simple to find, and .300 BLK will not. Even though I feel .300 BLK is the superior cartridge...Especially running a can on it. I might end up swapping in that 8.5" .300 BLK barrel later anyway. Who knows? But for now, a $35-50 extension that allows me to run my suppressors on the factory barrel and handguard is worth it to me.

All this uncertainty for a noob like me is making me emotional. I will end up going with the 1.5 inch extension and throwing on the Form 1 Quiet Bore can on it, simply because I want the ear safety in a month instead of 13 months...

Changing a barrel on an AR is simple.

Remove handguard....

Remove barrel nut....

That easy....

Doc

Looking at some videos it does not look to hard actually. The only concern for me is the gas block/gas tube. Would I need a different one or can I use the same one? I'd be going from the 7.5" to a 10.5" barrel.

Also any barrel manufacturer recommendations? Thanks

Ballistic advantage is what I use. You would just need to see what gas length you new barrel would be and the diameter of the barrel where the gas block goes on at.

Doc

Ballistic advantage is what I use. You would just need to see what gas length you new barrel would be and the diameter of the barrel where the gas block goes on at.

Doc
Thanks. I did some more research and measuring. Turns out I would need a new gas tube, which is 15 bucks. My gas tube for my current 7.5" barrel is 6.6875" which is 'pistol length'. And the one that comes with the 10.5" barrel would be a 'carbine length' gas tube which is 9.8"

The gas block seems to be the same diameter .750" for both barrels so I should be good to re-use it. We will see...

Thanks. I did some more research and measuring. Turns out I would need a new gas tube, which is 15 bucks. My gas tube for my current 7.5" barrel is 6.6875" which is 'pistol length'. And the one that comes with the 10.5" barrel would be a 'carbine length' gas tube which is 9.8"

The gas block seems to be the same diameter .750" for both barrels so I should be good to re-use it. We will see...
Yes, as long as they're both .750" diameter shank, then you're good. Just need a good stainless carbine-length gas tube.

The main brand of barrels I like to use are Rainier Arms Select and Select Match series, they're made (or were made, not sure if they still are) from Shilen blanks. They're damn-accurate and high-quality barrels. Brownell's brand barrels are made by Faxon, who are building high-quality stuff. So affordable and function. I hear good things about Ballistic Advantage, but no person experience with them.

I just bought a brownells made by faxon for my 6mmARC. I've put 120rds down it now and its 1 MOA. Had some tighter groups and larger groups but seems to be constant now at 1 MOA.

Doc

Reactions: FuhQ
I just bought a brownells made by faxon for my 6mmARC. I've put 120rds down it now and its 1 MOA. Had some tighter groups and larger groups but seems to be constant now at 1 MOA.

Doc
I've got an old 24" Brownells heavy barrel made by Satern in my 6.5 Grendel, and it's about 1.5 MOA average. I prefer sub myself. I've been considering buying the Brownells Faxon 20" 6.5 Grendel barrel to cut down on weight and length now that I'm running suppressed. I'd like to hunt with my 6.5 Grendel this year. Might just say fuck it, and put a 20" Proof CF barrel in it. But really wasn't wanting to drop $800 on an AR barrel. 😑

I've got an old 24" Brownells heavy barrel made by Satern in my 6.5 Grendel, and it's about 1.5 MOA average. I prefer sub myself. I've been considering buying the Brownells Faxon 20" 6.5 Grendel barrel to cut down on weight and length now that I'm running suppressed. I'd like to hunt with my 6.5 Grendel this year. Might just say fuck it, and put a 20" Proof CF barrel in it. But really wasn't wanting to drop $800 on an AR barrel. 😑
Yeah mine is 18". I'm getting about 2640 at muzzle with 108gr ELDM hornandy ammo.

Going to do some load development with N540 that I have for 100gr BTSP for hinting this year for white tail and pronghorn.

Minimum caliber and bullet weight is 243 amd 100gr bullet with 1000lb energy at 100yds.

I'd like to get ahold of some 80-95gr bullets to see if the barrel likes them better since the barrel is an 8 twist.

I'll post my load work up in the reloading section.

Doc

Hey guys I'm looking at the QuietBore suppressor and it comes with an optional entrance cap called a 'YHM ratcheting female adapter'

I think this is what I want so I can keep a muzzle break on it permanently, then easily screw on the suppressor when I need it. The trouble is how do I find a muzzle break that is compatible with this? In my searching I am not finding muzzle breaks that clearly state they will mount a 'YHM ratcheting female adapter'

Any insight, or recommendations? Thanks guys!

Hey guys I'm looking at the QuietBore suppressor and it comes with an optional entrance cap called a 'YHM ratcheting female adapter'

I think this is what I want so I can keep a muzzle break on it permanently, then easily screw on the suppressor when I need it. The trouble is how do I find a muzzle break that is compatible with this? In my searching I am not finding muzzle breaks that clearly state they will mount a 'YHM ratcheting female adapter'

Any insight, or recommendations? Thanks guys!
I would suggest contacting YHM (Yankee Hill Machine) and asking their advice as to which would be the proper muzzle brake that you are wanting to use with that particular suppressor mounting system.

Simple answer for me is that (a) I really liked the SLR 6" handguard, (b) changing the barrel was way more expensive, (c) a barrel change is a pain in the butt compared to a handguard swap out, and (d) I wanted the shorter length due to storage in a pistol safe. I've been super happy with the result.

View attachment 7585021
This is the exact setup that I have. I went this route because I wanted to keep it as short as possible, especially since I'm adding almost 7" with the SilencerCo Saker ASR556k. I do like the original Saint handguard better, but I would've had to cut it or swap out for a longer barrel. I'm happy with the setup and it'll be a little more lightweight. Now if my stamp would just get approved, I'll be happy! Been waiting since January, so I probably have a few more months to go. But if I put a Gen3-M Folding Stock adapter on it, it'll fit behind the back seat of my truck or in a backpack... with the suppressor attached. I ultimately just want it as light, short, and quiet as possible for self-defense. But man that thing is a CANON at 167 db! What kind of sight are you going with?

Reactions: Angry Beaver
I use a Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 ... got one on my 300-BLK pistol too. It's a great sight, but not cheap.
I can't decide which one yet. Probably gonna need some higher due to short length of the brace for quick target acquisition. Thinking about the Sig Romeo, but I'll have to check out the Razor first. Thanks for the feedback

I talked to him earlier today, he said he has it in que, but he's been slammed with the CNC's and hasn't had a gap where he could run a few out. But I'll let you know ASAP. He's keeping me updated on them, as they go along. Their CNC work is precise, and it will be one of the nicest adapters out there. Plus, the purpose-built design lends to perfect fitment. As much as I want to suppress my SAINT, I'll keep waiting, as I have plenty of other things to suppress and play with in the meantime. 👍🏼
Any update on this?

I finally found a thread about the exact thing I need, lol!

Reactions: FuhQ
Any update on this?

I finally found a thread about the exact thing I need, lol!
I talked to him this past week, and he said the prototype is complete, and everything is setup, he's just waiting on machine time, and they'll be making a run. I'll let yall know when they are available. Trust me, I'm just as impatiently waiting as yall are to run my Sandman-S cans on my 7.5" SAINT. 😂

I talked to him this past week, and he said the prototype is complete, and everything is setup, he's just waiting on machine time, and they'll be making a run. I'll let yall know when they are available. Trust me, I'm just as impatiently waiting as yall are to run my Sandman-S cans on my 7.5" SAINT. 😂
Quick question...

Any reason why the prototype is shorter than the standard 1/2x28 brake shipped from Dead Air?

Attachments

• brake.jpg
    brake.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 59
Quick question...

Any reason why the prototype is shorter than the standard 1/2x28 brake shipped from Dead Air?
The prototype is not shorter. It's the same length as a standard brake shipped from Dead Air, because it USES a standard 5/8x24 brake from Dead Air or JMac Customs. The prototype is simply a purpose-designed adapter that is just long enough to allow you to run a standard 5/8x24 Dead Air KeyMount device on your 1/2x28 threaded 5.56 Saint. It is set at the perfect length to clear the handguard and still look slick, as if you don't have an adapter on it.

Quick question...

Oh, you're talking about the number of chambers in the brake! My bad! I didn't know what you were talking about at first... I thought you were talking about the rear portion of the brake. It's been a long day. 🤦🏼

It's just a 2-chamber brake that JMac Customs makes, versus the standard 3-chamber brake that Dead Air sells. For AR cartridges, the 2-chamber brake is fine. The reason the Dead Air brake is a 3-chamber, is becuae it has to be able to be used on a very large range of cartridges...Everything from small varmint rounds and AR cartridges, all the way up to huge magnum cartridges like the .300 RUM and .300 Norma Mag.

The number of chambers the brake has (as well as the design), determines how effective it is at mitigating recoil. So, a 2-chamber brake is not going to have as much surface area to catch the gasses, as the 3-chamber version of it does. So, larger cartridges that use more powder, and create more gasses, the more chambers, the more effective the brake is, because the more chambers means the more surface area for those gasses to hit, which will create more push forward to reduce the recoil of the rifle.

Oh, you're talking about the number of chambers in the brake! My bad! I didn't know what you were talking about at first... I thought you were talking about the rear portion of the brake. It's been a long day. 🤦🏼

It's just a 2-chamber brake that JMac Customs makes, versus the standard 3-chamber brake that Dead Air sells. For AR cartridges, the 2-chamber brake is fine. The reason the Dead Air brake is a 3-chamber, is becuae it has to be able to be used on a very large range of cartridges...Everything from small varmint rounds and AR cartridges, all the way up to huge magnum cartridges like the .300 RUM and .300 Norma Mag.

The number of chambers the brake has (as well as the design), determines how effective it is at mitigating recoil. So, a 2-chamber brake is not going to have as much surface area to catch the gasses, as the 3-chamber version of it does. So, larger cartridges that use more powder, and create more gasses, the more chambers, the more effective the brake is, because the more chambers means the more surface area for those gasses to hit, which will create more push forward to reduce the recoil of the rifle.
Is there any recent update on the JMac muzzle device that’s being discussed?