• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Safety topic

sharpdoug

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2017
Sugar Land, Texas
In the metro-Houston area;
Over the weekend, 2 of my friends in the Houston area were attacked in 2 separate unprovoked incidents.

One was attacked in a Kroger grocery store for wearing a face mask with american flag design, claiming it was a hate crime.

Additionally, a friend with her 3 small children in a public school park was accused by another woman of white privileged. By the time both husbands arrived on the scene my friend’s husband was attacked and stabbed 4 times with an ice pick. Police took custody of the offender.

We are now living in strange times. I hope you will have heightened awareness of your surroundings and actions.

Sounds like they want a lesson in white privilege. Mine comes in 155gr.

I've had about enough of this shit. Luckily I live in an area where this doesn't really exist. But I've been around long enough though to know there are people dumb enough to think they can put hands on me and survive to tell about it, so not taking chances. This Karen in USPS ALMOST crossed that line some months back. In her case no firearms but I bet her dental bill would have been just as egregious. Yeah, I'll hit a woman, if that pussy is your protection you should have been wearing it on your face.

If white people really are all they say we are, and men are doubly bad, then is it INTELLIGENT to provoke us? Or did we get all that too? I sorta think Kodiaks are privileged motherfuckers but I don't go walking around Kodiak island showing my ass about it.

Not pretending communist social engineering is something I need to be sympathetic towards. Not pretending racism exists today, because if anything there are more prejudice black people than there are white people and institutional racism just can't exist in a country where a black man can or has held every office in the land including the presidency. Not willing to burn it all down because a few skinheads and black panther pussies still draw breath. Just calling it like I see it, somehow I had the SHIT beat out of me just for being white but I'M the racist now? That won't be happening again though. That guy you mother warned you about? The one you'll fuck up one day and hit and he'll hand you your ass? I'm that guy. Fuck you and your communist privilege, willing to give the goddamn enemy everything over what, 40 acres and a mule you ain't getting? NOT aiding and abetting that crime.

It's this division amongst the people that's tearing this country apart but that's what they want, if you're divided you aren't united against them. And I'm referring to both "parties" --uh, gang of idiot assholes. Most of us feel alone and backed in a corner and while that's where you might wanna place your enemy it's not where you wanna place your neighbor.

Carry a gun. ALL THE TIME...

Carry a knife. ALL THE TIME...

Always keep your head on a swivel. Being aware of your surroundings may not always help you completely avoid a dangerous situation but it will allow you to see something coming, prepare, and increase your reaction time to deploy whatever hardware you choose...

I'm surprised there's still people out there unarmed. :rolleyes:

"White guilt"... It's a real thang, yo'...

Ever hear some of the most mentally fucked shit coming from these people recently? Like the Minneapolis mother who said to a reporter that she will let herself be raped because she needs to be "punished" for her "white privilege"??

These freaks are out there. And they vote. And they will have NO problem having armed thugs take guns from the hands of citizens and killing them in the process...

Been quietly carrying since the first CCW's in Florida back when the model was approved. Funny thing is that mine was actually signed by the Secretary of Agriculture (they handle all firearm related permitting for some weird reason) named Charles Bronson. Kept that permit! But seriously, multiple carrying has saved my life on 3 different occasions. Once kept me from getting attacked by a pitbull (put him down less than 3 feet away) and almost the owner and his 2 homies. That one cost $1000 for the attorney to get the pistol back. But my wife never questioned it. And I was stunned on a recent rare meal out, she mused that it was time for her to get a permit. Damn near dropped my sweet tea...

"White guilt"... It's a real thang, yo'...

Ever hear some of the most mentally fucked shit coming from these people recently?

Like the Minneapolis mother who said to a reporter that she will let herself be raped because she needs to be "punished" for her "white privilege"??

These freaks are out there. And they vote. And they will have NO problem having armed thugs take guns from the hands of citizens and killing them in the process...

Like the Minneapolis mother who said to a reporter that she will let herself be raped because she needs to be "punished" for her "white privilege"??

Is she good looking? I could make myself available.

I don't see this in person where I'm at. People out here know that if you fuck with someone, their family, or their property, there is a high likelihood of getting shot.

People are still generally friendly out here too, and everyone still carries a gun in their trucks. It doesn't mean that we don't have property crimes...but I haven't heard of one random unprovoked attack.

We need to serve as the new-old role model for America!

I'm so glad I don't live in Houston during these times. I didn't mind living in Houston, but my wife and I always comment about how we are really happy to not be there during all this current weirdness.

I haven't seen any weird activity in my city, Tucson. Well, I'm actually outside the city limits, and limit my trips out. I carry in my vehicle, but I need to look into carrying full time. It's so damn hot here I'm pretty much always wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, and I have a skinny frame, so my options for carrying seem limited.

Sorry to hear about your friends. That really sucks. I hate how much hate and divisiveness there is right now. MSM and social media seem to really stoke flames trying to get things ignited.

We truly live in weird times.

ETA: This post was meant to invoke sarcasm. It didn't. So... yeah.. whatever.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I'm starting to think that carrying a gun is the wrong decision.

If you pull your firearm in a last ditch effort to protect yourself or your family, you WILL be prosecuted by overzealous DA's.

In the event that you pull your firearm and are able to defuse the situation, you WILL be prosecuted by overzealous DA's.

Even if the DA's don't want to prosecute you. Even if their case is weak. Even if they loose. They will bow to political pressure, PERIOD.

If you are acquitted, you will loose your job, clients, y...etc. Defending yourself will cause you to loose your personal wealth.

You will become the next CNN poster boy for racism, white privilege..etc.
In what universe......

So what I hear you saying is, you think it is better to NOT carry, because the inverse of all the above is 'better'?

Again, I will ask:

In What Universe?

Both my friends involved carry weapons, the gentleman with the face mask incident had his hand on his weapon. He decided NOT to use it. The stabbing victims weapon, was in his truck across the parking lot. If he had it on him there would be 1 dead criminal. In Houston I’m guessing neither perp was charged, and if they were, they were released. We have the social justice assholes in charge.

• Sad
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
In what universe......

So what I hear you saying is, you think it is better to NOT carry, because the inverse of all the above is 'better'?

Again, I will ask:

In What Universe?

Since text can not convey it properly, I'll say it was meant as sarcasm.

Since text can not convey it properly, I'll say it was meant as sarcasm.
My bad, and I'll state for the record then, that I apologize.

It is true that 'inflection' and 'sarcasm' font have yet to be found, for written text. And I went 'there' because there have been too many of 'them' around here lately and my patience level is practically zero. As I tell My Lady, if I wanted patience, I'd have been a doctor.

(hat-tip to Veer...)

Carry a gun. ALL THE TIME...

Carry a knife. ALL THE TIME...

Always keep your head on a swivel. Being aware of your surroundings may not always help you completely avoid a dangerous situation but it will allow you to see something coming, prepare, and increase your reaction time to deploy whatever hardware you choose...

All this and learn Jui jitsu, and how to strike and dodge. And get in shape. And practice with your gun. Life is not an old western and being the good guy doesn't mean you will win the fight. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

My bad, and I'll state for the record then, that I apologize.

It is true that 'inflection' and 'sarcasm' font have yet to be found, for written text. And I went 'there' because there have been too many of 'them' around here lately and my patience level is practically zero. As I tell My Lady, if I wanted patience, I'd have been a doctor.

(hat-tip to Veer...)

I appreciate that. I have a very dry sense of humor, I thought that you guys would get it.

No worries.

I deleted my original post because my Peter Tingle told me that others were about to pounce. (FYI Peter Tingle is a reference to Spiderman).

All this and learn Jui jitsu, and how to strike and dodge. And get in shape. And practice with your gun. Life is not an old western and being the good guy doesn't mean you will win the fight. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Speaking of jiu jutsu and other hand to hand combatives, I saw an article written in one of the previous year's gun magazines regarding "punching with a pistol"...

Many people might not automatically realize this but in a close quarter scenario, a pistol in your hand serves as a metal extension of your fist too. With your finger out of the trigger, the slide of a semiauto or the topstrap of a revolver can be brought against the jaw, nose, and upper face of an assailant with a lot of force... Particularly useful if you intend to restrain an assailant and hold him/her for the police...

Reactions: Mwalex
Speaking of jiu jutsu and other hand to hand combatives, I saw an article written in one of the previous year's gun magazines regarding "punching with a pistol"...

Many people might not automatically realize this but in a close quarter scenario, a pistol in your hand serves as a metal extension of your fist too. With your finger out of the trigger, the slide of a semiauto or the topstrap of a revolver can be brought against the jaw, nose, and upper face of an assailant with a lot of force... Particularly useful if you intend to restrain an assailant and hold him/her for the police...
i mean....ide rather just shoot them....

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
"Best defense? No be there..." - Our old Grand Master Duk Sung Son

In lieu of that... yeah, I think I'll take judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Is it almost time? Shit is getting oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I agree with everything you said, except the choice of jiu jitsu. For sport fighting or one-on-one brawls, jiu jitsu's great. If it's a life or death situation, not so much. The techniques and philosophy of jiu jitsu are centered on making an opponent submit without doing grievous harm; and in that regard has more in common with boxing and other sports than traditional martial arts -which were designed for warfare. The jiu jitsu fighter is also at an enormous disadvantage if his opponent has friends with him because jiu jitsu's goal is to take the fight to the ground. . . where you will promptly get the crap stomped out of you by all your opponent's accomplices while trying to submit the first opponent. For fights where your life depends on taking people out of a fight as quickly as possible -by death if necessary, I believe a style of kung fu such as wing chun, bak mei, eagle claw, sing-yi, or dim mak would be at the top of the list. I can tell you my two years of wing chun was worth more than all the years of tae kwon do, karate, aikido, judo, and ju jitsu I took, combined.

I appreciate that. I have a very dry sense of humor, I thought that you guys would get it.

No worries.

I deleted my original post because my Peter Tingle told me that others were about to pounce. (FYI Peter Tingle is a reference to Spiderman).

I thought peter tingle was something that you feel when someone does something really stupid and gets hurt real bad. You kinda feel it down there, in that area. Also causes a chill to run down the spine

Then again, you did use capital letters to spell Peter Tingle...

Reactions: Changed
I agree with everything you said, except the choice of jiu jitsu. For sport fighting or one-on-one brawls, jiu jitsu's great. If it's a life or death situation, not so much. The techniques and philosophy of jiu jitsu are centered on making an opponent submit without doing grievous harm; and in that regard has more in common with boxing and other sports than traditional martial arts -which were designed for warfare. The jiu jitsu fighter is also at an enormous disadvantage if his opponent has friends with him because jiu jitsu's goal is to take the fight to the ground. . . where you will promptly get the crap stomped out of you by all your opponent's accomplices while trying to submit the first opponent. For fights where your life depends on taking people out of a fight as quickly as possible -by death if necessary, I believe a style of kung fu such as wing chun, bak mei, eagle claw, sing-yi, or dim mak would be at the top of the list. I can tell you my two years of wing chun was worth more than all the years of tae kwon do, karate, aikido, judo, and ju jitsu I took, combined.

kung fu is 100% useless a street fight.....and are you seriously recommending Dim Mak with a straight face??

BJJ, Krav Maga, and boxing are what you need to learn if you want to fight effectively.

hell, look up Xu Xiaodong if you want to see how well "traditional" martial arts grand masters fair against an amateur MMA fighter

Last edited:
Reactions: MCHOG
So far, my license plate hasn't caused any issues for me. I'm thinking it will eventually cause some nut to go off.

2A4ME2.jpg

Is she good looking? I could make myself available.
. She’s waiting!
39EC090E-64C8-4F34-9F05-3A5F1DB6724F.png

You forgot the Pheonix eye..... :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: Odysseus1911
If you live in a big metropolitan shithole, the probability of confrontation escalates. If not, this is really a low probability event.

Knife skills.
a)Learn how to get the knife out, even in a clinch or grappling situation. This is best learned by doing, using a training drone knife.
b) Put the pointy part in the soft spots. Throat, side of the neck, armpit, and groin work best, but anywhere that the knife can be buried to the hilt, will work.
c) Repeat Step B until they stop doing whatever they were doing that warranted stabbing them in the first place.

You’re welcome.

People are more scared about being cut than being shot. As soon as the red wine flows, their convictions change.

You also have to be willing to fight. As much as I avoid situations like this to the greatest degree possible, you will have to kill me if you try attacking me or my family. Kill me or I will carve you up better than I carve a Thanksgiving turkey.

kung fu is 100% useless a street fight.....

There are a couple dozen "monastary styles" of kung fu, and literally hundreds of family styles. Most are mediocre for hand-to-hand combat, some are little more than expressionist dancing, and several are the real thing. Lumping all these hundreds of individual martial arts together and labeling them "100% useless" makes it seem that you don't know much about them.

.....and are you seriously recommending Dim Mak with a straight face??

Dim mak, the fictional hollywood death touch? no. Dim mak, the chinese martial arts technique subsets focused on striking pressure points? yes.

BJJ, Krav Maga, and boxing are what you need to learn if you want to fight effectively.

I don't disagree. The best way to learn to fight effectively is to study a lot of different fighting styles and incorporate the useful parts from each of them.
BJJ is grappling and joint manipulation -great for learning those skills, but as a standalone fighting style is a terrible choice for a street fight.
Krav Maga was designed by Israeli Defense Forces and is very effective for a street fight. It is based on a combination of boxing and wrestling with ...gasp... traditional martial arts: karate, aikido, and judo.
Boxing is actually very effective in a street fight and incorporates footwork training, something MMA and BJJ haven't even begun to grasp the utility of. I personally like certain styles of kung fu because they are "complete" (they incorporate grappling, joint manipulation, punches, kicks, pressure points, footwork, etc.), not just focusing on primarily one or two. Additionally, kung fu incorporates knife work, something the sport arts don't even touch.

hell, look up Xu Xiaodong if you want to see how well "traditional" martial arts grand masters fair against an amateur MMA fighter

He's an impressive fighter. But all it shows is a young professional fighter in peak physical condition beating the snot out of lesser young fighters and old guys that are teachers, not professional fighters. That doesn't show one fighting style to be better than another.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people, especially Whites may never have been in a fight of any kind. It is not like it was for this old codger back in the early 70's. We had to places near the grade school where we would mass up and have either stick fights or rock fights after school and a lot of those turned into serious fights. High School was less violent but a scrap a month was about normal. This had nothing to do with race either more of conflict between kickers, hippies and jocks. There was one Black guy in our High school in 1972 and he was on our cheerleading team! The other minority was Hispanics and they kept their houses nice, kids taken care of and were friendly. However a guy named Vasquez didn't like me dating his hot sister so we had an altercation. I see a big part of the problem being so many young people being raised by their cell phones.