• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

sage ebr m1a platform to use

mlh29

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
Lafargeville, NY 13656
I have been wanting to get a sage ebr setup for awhile now.
I have located most parts to do so. Sage mod o in black, harris bipod, leupold 3.5x 10 , sage stripper clip rail, sling etc.
I am now trying to figure out what m1a to use?
I currently have a socom 16 that is a recent acquisition( already set it up as a scout rifle with leupold scout scope, surefire scout etc.
Been thinking of using this as it would be most cost effective, but like the overall handling of i in its current state.

OR should I use a springfield loaded m1a or similar for this stock and venture. I am thinking an LRB would be great but they are not in my price range.
Anyone have a lead on a clean used m1a ?? Opinions wanted Thanks

Re: sage ebr m1a platform to use

i went with the Scout Squad . l like the feel of the 18 inch . if i didn't go that route l'd get a custom build going using USGI parts.

Go to the m14 forum and pick up a used m1a with as many usgi parts as possible.

Go with one of each.

DSCF7009.jpg

So the real question is what do you want to do with it? Having handled a Scout and a standard in a Mod 0, I have to say, the Scout balances way better. However, I personally have a 22" standard in my Sage, because I wanted a bench gun. The thing weighs 18lbs loaded, and thats with a 3-15x Weaver on top. My buddy with the Scout EBR runs a Leupold 1-4x. His setup is about 2 pounds lighter, because of the scope and the mount. Some food for thought

here are 2 of my previous MK14 MOd 0 builds the one in the front is 16" SEI CQBM and the one isn the back is a 18" MK14 Mod O type SEI, I do prefer the 18" even though the 16" is lighter and balances good, the 18" will give you longer range, the second pic is my MK14 NSG mod 1
100_3162.jpg

100_4243.jpg

Here is my custom SEI SBR "SMITH BATTLE RIFLE" CQB set up with custom Hammer stock (anybody need any meat tenderized!)

100_4100-1.jpg

100_4098-1.jpg

100_4095.jpg

100_4093.jpg

100_3624.jpg

100_4097.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those of you with Sage EBR stocks, which butt stock style do you prefer?
ACLS or ACLS/CV ? </div></div>
I like them both the mod 0 is heavier stock but stronger the mod 1 is a pound lighter and you can add any ar stock you want