• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SOLD Sako 75 III Action BNIB

MVOsteen

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2023
South Carolina
I have a BNIB Sako 75 III with factory DBM.

.473 bolt face. I believe it was imported by Stoeger in the late 90’s and was produced around 1997

$1150 shipped and insured CONUS

IMG_1072.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1073.jpeg
    IMG_1073.jpeg
    691.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1071.jpeg
    IMG_1071.jpeg
    542.6 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: n8lusk
It’s got a finish on it, although I am not sure what that factory finish is called. It is a .473 so anything in the .308 parent case.

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpeg
    IMG_1087.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 23
It is more than likely carbon steel in the white and will need to be blued or coated with something. Doubt it is stainless steel. Will have to look and see what a 111 will take as they made those action in a couple different lengths for certain size calibers depending on the action size.

It’s a short action .473. It isn’t in the white and it isn’t stainless. If it were carbon steel it would have oxidation of some sort from 27 years of sitting around a custom shop and then my house.

Not trying to be a jerk but then what is it made of? I have bought some of the Sako actions in the past off forums and through Accu Flight if the are still in business. I have only ever seen stainless or carbon steel actions that were blued when built on Sako rifles. The 1,s I call in the white are carbon steel that never got blued when they were bought to be built on. I have seen these actions way older than these in the white that looked like they just came from the factory.

Matte stainless for sure. I was going to say a blasted stainless finish of some sort but that’s a better way to put it. Definitely not in the white or carbon.

I’d be glad to do a Facetime call for anyone who’d like a better look at the finish on the action.