• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Range 22LR Build FINISHED

No way!! Congratz!

How far have you tried that yet?

To be honest with you, this was my fourth time shooting past 50m. One time (captured on the photo above my last post) I have shot 150m at 2" steel plate. We have added 1" plates to that target but I yet have to try that out.

Eh, not that I want to swing my peepee around, but in June I have attended a 2 day benchrest competition done by another shooting club. First day I finished #3rd, second day #1st. About 20 shooters there, old ZKMs, CZs, Vostoks, Suhls, some Annies, but it was kinda hillbilly level, by no means a hardcore BR competition with custom rifles and expensive accessories.

Congratulations on the win Easa!

Thanks ! :) Another competition in 2 weeks, same place.

Reactions: obx22
Oi! Season 2022 recap, finished #2nd out of 26 on yesterday's rimfire sniper competition. Which is actually funny, because i opened the season with a same result. Next year I would like to go a bit abroad and participate in shooting events in Czech Republic, it is quite high level there.

PS: I was 2 points short of #1.

20221009_100321.jpg

A N Y W A Y S

I found a gunsmith in Australia that is willing to make bolt shrouds for us, but he needs measurements. Do we have anyone in Australia that could help him out with measurements of bolt and bolt shroud? Warnbro, Western Australia.

that looks awesome! subbed. I wish LW would make a drop in barrel for the quad!
and congrats on the wins!
who did your barrel work ?

Reactions: Easa
Yes, I am always amazed why would anyone change the stock barrel on rifles like TRG, AI or Blasers, but then I saw with my own eyes at his workshop that a custom, hand lapped, match grade LW is simply another level to stock barrels.

Yes, I am always amazed why would anyone change the stock barrel on rifles like TRG, AI or Blasers, but then I saw with my own eyes at his workshop that a custom, hand lapped, match grade LW is simply another level to stock barrels.
Incredible journey Easa, and inspiring. Makes me appreciate our access to parts in the US, although I’ve not tried sourcing things for my Finnfire in quite awhile. The talk of non-standard twist rate barrels has me thinking for going longer ranges.
What is the longest distance of your rimfire sniper events?

Reactions: Easa
Thank you. We do not have a lot of places to really shoot long range here, most of local shooting ranges are 50 - 100m so the events are corresponding to that. Farthest I have tried was 150m at a steel square i think 30x30mm or about 1.5".

I found a gunsmith in Australia that is willing to make bolt shrouds for us, but he needs measurements. Do we have anyone in Australia that could help him out with measurements of bolt and bolt shroud? Warnbro, Western Australia.

Anyone in Australia that can help out with this? I’d even be willing to pitch in to buy a replacement bolt and shroud to send. Been waiting for a while for this part to pop up, and this will probably be our only chance to get one as Quad owners. Would be great to ditch the plastic and make these great guns into something special.

Hey guys! Long time no post. I had little time to shoot this year so far, but still managed to win something. Big news, it seems that I will be selling this rifle as-is, with hardcase & everything. I want to shoot more dynamic / tactical matches (PRS22 etc.), thinking of a different project build altogether.

20230527_204431.jpg

Is the quad THAT slow to shoot afterall?
Ofc if you have a offer for the setup, it is easier to move on. But I would not maybe switch too swiftly.

I had a Sako Quad until about a year ago. Selling it felt like a kick in the nuts !! Keep me in mind..... ;-)

I really wish that Sako made a TRG in .22LR caliber. I really like the visual balance of it's stock. Thats why I had bought my
Sako Quad Range.

I really wish that Sako made a TRG in .22LR caliber. I really like the visual balance of it's stock. Thats why I had bought my
Sako Quad Range.
Get yourself a green KRG bravo chassis. You can do a couple different actions for it. Think I will be switching my B14R into one....will look a lot like this. Just a shorter barrel.
Bravo-chassis-a01.jpg

Reactions: Near miss and Easa
Is the quad THAT slow to shoot afterall?
Ofc if you have a offer for the setup, it is easier to move on. But I would not maybe switch too swiftly.

Well, its not slow nor fast, but it is quite hefty, I could imagine a different stock, the SFP scope is not ideal for PRS and so on... I could rebuild / alter it to suit my needs but it works flawless as it is, and I got a good offer (we are still discussing this with the buyer, so it is not a definite thing). Also, I have somehow always wanted 1727F / 1927F just for the cool kid factor.

I had a Sako Quad until about a year ago. Selling it felt like a kick in the nuts !! Keep me in mind..... ;-)

Last (and probably the only) time I felt regret about selling anything was back in the 2016 when I sold my mint condition E38 740i Individual, lets see if this will be my second life regret :D

hope that you dont see it. It needs to go in the case with all those trophies.

I suppose you meant to not sell it ? :) Like I said, its not definitive, who knows what will happen.

Probably final competition of this year, finished #3rd out of about 30 shooters, 5 points short of 1st place. Anyways I was at my worst on that day.

Took the rifle apart, installed custom ejector spring, cleaned everything out. Bolt disassembly tomorrow to clean insides and check firing pin, I might give those JP Custom springs a chance after all, just to see if there is any difference.

Rifle is still for sale. Next project is going to be Victrix Venus Pro Small Bore for now, or something similar to it. I have abandoned the Anschutz route for now, too many things that will need modification again. Victrix is out of the box competition ready, albeit costly.

Anyways, even if the rifle would be eventually sold, I think that this thread will still provide a lot of useful info to other Quad owners. I might create a new one about the Victrix rifle, if there would be demand for info on real life performance of that thing.