• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Semi-auto sniper rifle?... I'm listening

dms416

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2014
Central IL

"The Finnish Defence Forces Logistics Command has signed a letter of intent with Sako Ltd. to develop a new family of Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifles / Designated Marksman’s Rifles. "

Could be interesting.... Or perhaps it could be vaporware like the AI AS50...

I don’t know why they would need to develop anything from a clean sheet.

I'm curious to see what they come up with from their perspective. One could argue that there are some decent systems already...but then again, anybody waiting for a duty-grade semi auto sniper that isn't 308 or 223 is left holding their dicks at the moment...

Reactions: locutus
I'm curious to see what they come up with from their perspective. One could argue that there are some decent systems already...but then again, anybody waiting for a duty-grade semi auto sniper that isn't 308 or 223 is left holding their dicks at the moment...
only til august.

Hmmm

Sako screams take my money.

A rifle derivative of the the M1/2/3/4 lineup makes me want to barf.

They probably want domestic production of their defense weapons... Commendable!!

I belive most of their defense tactics are based on fighting in woods with no very long range shots needed.. + it needs to be ultra reliable in cold weather.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Just to be novel...something chambered in .260Rem/6.5 Creedmore.

It would feed from 7.62x51 mag, plenty of choice in projectiles, proven ballistics, mild recoil, very accurate....stranger things have happened.

PGWDTI has the new Direwolf

Had not heard of this. Didn't seem to get much love when mentioned here:

If you're starting with a clean slate, at least consider the .338 RUM, 300 PRC and 6.5 PRC.

Had not heard of this. Didn't seem to get much love when mentioned here:

PGWDTI claims good accuracy and results with the rifle. They are in the process to obtain ATF approval, to export the Direwolf to the USA.

We will see i havent seen many 300 win mag autos that funtion flawlessly and have great accuracy. But 338 would be huge like literally hahaha . i just want a decent price semi autop 300 win that is POF accurate.

"The Finnish Defence Forces Logistics Command has signed a letter of intent with Sako Ltd. to develop a new family of Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifles / Designated Marksman’s Rifles. "

Could be interesting.... Or perhaps it could be vaporware like the AI AS50...
Do you mean Tika?

Dude, you're out of your league. Beretta has owned Burris since 2002. Do a search on Beretta Holding Group. They also own Franchi, A. Uberti, and a few others.