• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAKO TRG-42 question on cheek adjustment

RSDesertStorm

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2020
just got the SAKO TRG rifle and S&BPMII scope and need advice on getting extenders to raise the cheek.

Whats the best thing to use? It seems the factory 10mm Sako insert is expensive and not adjustable. Is there anything out there I can use to get the correct cheek height? I’ve tried foam pads under tactical strap ons but they seem clumsy and loose.

Any suggestions? Tnx

You can 3D print spacers both for cheek weld and lop.
If you don't have access to a 3D printer you can curve your own from wood or plastic.
there was a member here called Terje that was selling spacers he made

Good luck you have a great setup

Contact Jducos.
He can install the KMW loggerhead ACP (adjustable Cheek Piece) assembly into your TRG stock and you will then have a state of art system well worthy of the TRG rifle. Well worth the investment...

Reactions: Baron23
I think you best best is to watch this video.

The is this guy named Terje Andre Fjørtoft.
His email address is [email protected]

I got my TRG 42 on 300 Win Mag but the 10 mm riser was enough for me.
Good Luck

Reactions: stefan73
just got the SAKO TRG rifle and S&BPMII scope and need advice on getting extenders to raise the cheek.

Whats the best thing to use? It seems the factory 10mm Sako insert is expensive and not adjustable. Is there anything out there I can use to get the correct cheek height? I’ve tried foam pads under tactical strap ons but they seem clumsy and loose.

Any suggestions? Tnx
What about your rings? Do you need lower ones? I have Badger Ordnance 34mm Medium 1.125" Scope Rings and they are perfect height on my TRG22.

A cheap solution that I used on mine was rubber pads, the type the use on conveyers, they come in different thicknesses and I cut spacers from a piece of conveyer belt until I had the height liked. It's a little crude but it works.

I went with Terje, he put an adjustment wheel in the spacer that provided a bit more flexibility. I recommend his stuff.

I emailed terje but no reply after nearly a week....is he still making these?
Yes, just bear with him sometimes it takes him a LONG time to get back to people. I spent 6-8 months getting in touch and placing a order. It was totally worth it IMO.

I'm a trg newbie.....just acquired a 22, so I'm not up on all the products that are available: does the krg stuff come and go in stock or is some of it permanently gone? It seems they no longer make mag adapter and now it looks like the stock they make is also gone permanently? Is something like the krg stock even an upgrade in comparison to the factory fixed stock in terms of rigidity and harmonics?

You can use washers to experiment with cheek riser height. They would be easy to 3D print. The cost of the SAKO spacers is a little crazy. I ended up buying one after I figured out the correct height I needed.

As to KRG’s W3 they still make them, I got mine this past fall. Sign up for an in-stock notification and shoot them an email. I’m sure it’s a low runner for them so they probably don’t put them on the schedule until there’s enough interest. The W3 is an upgrade and makes adjustment and experimentation with rifle setup a much easier. The main reason I got it was because I wanted a flat fore end and the folding stock.

Their TRG stock is almost always available if you just want the adjustability and folding feature for your rifle.

Reactions: VargmatII
I'm a trg newbie.....just acquired a 22, so I'm not up on all the products that are available: does the krg stuff come and go in stock or is some of it permanently gone? It seems they no longer make mag adapter and now it looks like the stock they make is also gone permanently? Is something like the krg stock even an upgrade in comparison to the factory fixed stock in terms of rigidity and harmonics?
The KRG stock is an awesome upgrade for sure. It is super sturdy, has all the adjustment you will ever need and if you get the folder it is super solid. I have my third KRG whiskey stock, first was on a Tikka, the next was on a Remington 700 and now I run one on my TRG 22. Its my favourite rifle for sure.

1610642465996.png

Reactions: CerebralDistortion
You can use washers to experiment with cheek riser height. They would be easy to 3D print. The cost of the SAKO spacers is a little crazy. I ended up buying one after I figured out the correct height I needed.

As to KRG’s W3 they still make them, I got mine this past fall. Sign up for an in-stock notification and shoot them an email. I’m sure it’s a low runner for them so they probably don’t put them on the schedule until there’s enough interest. The W3 is an upgrade and makes adjustment and experimentation with rifle setup a much easier. The main reason I got it was because I wanted a flat fore end and the folding stock.

Their TRG stock is almost always available if you just want the adjustability and folding feature for your rifle.
I just used Terje's riser. Great product.

That riser would be a nice addition to my TRG heard... Easy enough to move it from rifle to rifle.

Tried to email Terje Andre Fjørtoft several times, in order to order a cheek riser. Gmail says can’t connect with his email server. It’s been trying for a week now. Anyone know another method to contact him, or what happened?

Reactions: stefan73
Contact jducos/Stock Doc. He installs KMW loggerhead (adjustable cheek piece) hardware on TRG's. Looks and functions superb.

Reactions: Baron23