Sandman S or L for AR?

Arc Light

Sheeple Herder
Belligerents
Aug 13, 2012
In the mountains
Looking at purchasing my first can. It will be used exclusively on my AR platform rifles. I want the quietest can at the ears. Not too worried about weight. I know the Sandman L is quieter by the numbers, but does that hold true on an AR? I’ve read where some say the Sandman S is actually quieter at the ear on an AR. What do you guys think?

Reactions: kocustoms

John Burns

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2011
Wyoming
www.greybullprecision.com
Looking at purchasing my first can. It will be used exclusively on my AR platform rifles. I want the quietest can at the ears. Not too worried about weight. I know the Sandman L is quieter by the numbers, but does that hold true on an AR? I’ve read where some say the Sandman S is actually quieter at the ear on an AR. What do you guys think?
What AR?

Typically shorter cans work better on gas guns due to less port pop at the shooters ear.

There is the additional advantage of running cleaner with the shorter cans.

Sound reduction at the muzzle is not always or even usually the same at the shooters ear when dealing with gas guns.

Reactions: Arc Light

Cheeseburger1976

Sergeant
Belligerents
Aug 2, 2012
Allentown PA
I LOVE my sandman L for my precision bolt gun. But I personally wouldn’t on the AR, way too long. If anything do the S, I actually have a YHM turbo on my AR and it is an amazing can with awesome suppression. AND it was less than 400

Reactions: Arc Light