• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10 BAT/S LE

Re: Savage 10 BAT/S LE

im curious to know more about this rifle as ive been thinknig about pulling the trigger on one. what does everything think? what optics are you using?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: outdoorsmen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep shoot great 1" at 200yds </div></div>
Some ?s for u
What load sre you shooting to get the 1/2 MOA @ 200?
Have you shot the rifle @ say 500 yards?

I would love to know about this rifle as well. I have to consistently out shoot a guy who is thinking about getting one.

I am extremely new to shooting, so I might not be able to answer any technical questions. The very first time I took this gun out (3rd time overall shooting), I was able to hit 2"-3" groups at 250 yards, and hit clay pigeons consistantly at 275 yards. I think that is the definition of the gun shooting better than the shooter.

burris 6.5-20 tac30 scope on burris tac rings. 200 is a far as my range goes. 168gr fggm.

From someone that generally likes Savage, that thing is as ugly as hell, and way overpriced.

i shooted last week with.
100 meter 1/4moa
400 meter so 437 yards, i made 2 1/4 moa.
Every accuraccy
I use Fed gold 2600fps 168grs BC 462
The pull is smooth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From someone that generally likes Savage, that thing is as ugly as hell, and way overpriced.
</div></div>
+1, especially w/ everyone starting to make quality after market options.

The action is supposedly no different than a 10, it's just an ugly "tacticool" stock.

For the kind of money they want for it, I'd buy a regular 10 and put a real tactical stock on it, you'd still have a couple hundred left over for the glass too.

I haven't shot one, I've handled it and I wasn't impressed with the stock quality.

Ugly & misunderstood but well thought out. The free floating flutted barrel/ rail is impressive. Photos don't do it justice. I'm 35 rounds into the breakin process before heading off to a 4-day (500 to 1000 yard) precision class. I'll post photos & a review when I get back.

Send a PM to Darrell Buell. He's one of the Savage team shooters & has posted a few items on it...

No way this is a 1/4 MOA rifle. How many shots? Savage doesn't even have an accuracy guarantee. If this rifle shoots that well, Savage would definitely capatilize on it.

as much as i enjoy my savage's, that is one fugly rifle...no f'en way would i spend 1500+ on that ugly azz weapon....its kind of like sticking a coffee can on a tailpipe of a car like those kids do just to hear noise...what savage did is take a clean rifle (the model 10 action/barrel) and add every bell and whistle..bling, bling....fuk that crap.

how is that any uglier than some of the other chassis stocks out there? i liked it, then didnt like it, now im kinda ... meh. its like someone elses girlfriend. you dont have to do her, just keep quiet and be thankful your not pulling her trigger