• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Accutrigger replacement.

scorpion168

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2013
NE TX
I currently am running a RifleBasix SAV-1 trigger after my AccuTrigger went bad on me. (Liked it) Model 10 FCP .308.
Looking for opinions on the SAV-2 vs Timney. Ready, go...

Running a SAV-1 on my match gun. I like it better than the SAV-2 and the SSS trigger, surprisingly. Never tried the Timney.

I couldn't get all the creep out of the SAV-1, while maintaining 100% confidence in it not slam firing.

The SAV-2 has an extra lever that gives the trigger shoe extra mechanical advantage over the sear. That allows for lighter release weight, and magnifies creep. I can't get mine 100% creep free. Additionally, the SAV-2 has a really janky look/feel to it, the way it flops around.

Frankly, I prefer the accutrigger over both RB triggers I've had, as well as the Timneys and SSS triggers I've felt on other guys Savages.

I really liked the accutrigger, too. Mine went bad because I pull the trigger back and to the side. You think if I could shim one where it took out the side slop, it would tolerate my off-angle trigger pull? Until I refined my pull. Are shims possible and do-able?

I really liked the accutrigger, too. Mine went bad because I pull the trigger back and to the side. You think if I could shim one where it took out the side slop, it would tolerate my off-angle trigger pull? Until I refined my pull. Are shims possible and do-able?

You'll have to elaborate on the failure mode of your accutrigger for me to opine on this.

It looks like my trigger sets inside a "housing", and there is enough slack to allow it to rattle in there. I'm hoping I can shim it in there to take out some slack.

What happens when it wobbles? I'm not understanding the failure mode. What is mechanically happening that shouldn't?

According to my gunsmith, there is enough side play in the trigger mechanism that apparently wears something out after enough firing if you don't pull the trigger straight back. I accidentally pull mine a little to the side , and that must not be good for the AccuTrigger. I've seen the play in it after he showed me.

FYI , I don't think the SAV2 works on rifles with the trigger guard bolt release. I'm not sure which style your's has.

If you like the accu-trigger, and yours is wore out, why not get another? I have a few SSS triggers and like them but want to try a Timney, just to see...

Ive used the sav2, and would recommend it to anyone..i love mine. Cant comment on the timney for the savage, but every other timney i have ised has been awesome.! Good luck!