• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage bolt guns

The vast majority of Savage sales are to people that don’t shoot enough to identify these perceived “issues.”
I would say there`s a lot of truth in that, yes. In addition, some people just aren`t bothered to the same degree as others by a given thing. ANY hunting rifle, relatively speaking, doesn`t get shot a lot, certainly compared to the high volume, long range precision shooting that I think a great many SH posters do. Based on what I`ve read, not all Savage rifles by any means experience " issues " . Also, the higher end (more expensive ) target Savage rifles may well not experience as much. I will say that my Model 12 LRPV, which in all respects is a target rifle in a hunting stock, has a heavy bolt lift. It`s a single shot, shot slowly at the range, and it just doesn`t bother me that much.

If y’all haven’t noticed most gun people are cheap asses that actually never shoot their guns at an extended period of time.

Savage is great and accurate for some dude shooting three rounds a year lol.

Go let all the savage fan boys at the range finger bangle your customs and see what they say.

The vast majority of Savage sales are to people that don’t shoot enough to identify these perceived “issues.
My first bolt gun was a tikka, after years of shooting only semi-autos. I now own more bolt guns than semi-autos, but if my first bolt gun had been my savage ultralite, I likely would have just went back to semi-autos and never looked back.