• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage bolt handle ...

SDB

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2010
MA, USA
Hello,

I recently purchased an older Savage 10fp le-1(?) with a flat rear receiver ring. I want to update the original (small) bolt knob to the Savage factory large round knob. I have looked in the usual places (Brownell's, Midwayusa, etc.) to no avail. I called Savage and spoke to a CS representative who stated that they never offered the larger bolt knob on the flat receivers. I'm pretty sure I've seen a rifle so equipped though... I've read that you can put the newer round receiver bolt handle on the older flat receiver bolt and it will function fine (although look a bit odd) but I would like to find the correct handle if possible. So my question is...does such a bolt handle exist and if so, does anybody know where I can get one?

Thanks,

S

I hope this is the proper place to post this question...I can't imagine a part that requires one bolt to be removed could be considerd gunsmithing...thanks again.

Re: Savage bolt handle ...

you should talk to sharpshooter supply about their bolt knobs, I'm sure they might make it the way you want, or you can call Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Gun Stocks, he makes custom bolt knobs for savages as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I'd really like to stay with the oversized factory bolt handle (it's inexpensive and functional) if possible.

S

I have the allen socket style. I tried calling Savage again in the hope that whoever I got on the line this time would understand the meaning of "customer service". We'll see how it pans out...

In the meantime I would appreciate any additional input from members of this forum.

Thanks.

S

or you could send yours to one of the people on here that will add a new knob for you. tactical works, at least the one i had, SUCKED ASS!!! i got them to take it back without the restocking fee. but there are three people that could mod yours to your specs

oh and sharp shooter supply isnt one of them. rahill, yes. phoenix costom aka azprecision on here is one. and Cdixon as well as one guy that will do it but doesnt advertise as he isnt a sponsor. you have to dig a little

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or you could send yours to one of the people on here that will add a new knob for you. tactical works, at least the one i had, SUCKED ASS!!! i got them to take it back without the restocking fee. but there are three people that could mod yours to your specs</div></div>

I had the same experience with my Tactical Works handle; no knock on Tactical Works though.

Go with Phoenix Custom Rifles and know you will be happy, that's what I did:
DSCN2038.jpg

I got all of mine from Midway USA,and they're the factory big knob bolt handles for LH actions.
Two of them are on the old pre-Accutrigger receivers,and the other is a new style receiver.The Bolt handles fit either type of action.