• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage FV-SR info please.

bruno86

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
Hick Town PA
Ive been searching my tail off about anything to do with this rifle. Pro, Cons, Pictures, anything! I am looking to buy one in the near future to host a can of choice but Im looking to hear your thoughts and if anyone has pics of their setup.

Re: Savage FV-SR info please.

I liked the 16" fluted barrel, bolt knob, and EGW rail already on it. Other than that, stock sucks, thats why its wearing a Boyds now.

Not sure how accurate as Ive only shot bulk ammo through it so far.

personal_10-2e0345c4cd.jpg

I feed mine Wolf Match ammo and also Remington Target Match ammo.....loves them both but really shoots great groups with the Wolf....

Boyds makes the TR stock. the tacticool and the TR are basicly the same thing

Yeah I was wondering if the extra $200 was worth spending on the TRR-SR or not. I figure I could get the unfinished stock from Midway and paint it with my own touch with a DIP bottom metal and guard. Mainly wondering about accuracy out of the 16" barrel.

Love mine, added a Boyd's tacticool and dip trigger guard and such. Just waiting to mount a weaver mil/mil on it. Will get some pics up once I mount glass.

Bruno, the 16" barrel will have no effect on the accuracy of a 22lr. Even with the crappy stock mine was shooting bugholes with wolf match at 50 yards.

Picked one up this spring. Switched the stock to the Boyds SS Evolution, used the DIP trigger guard, floor plate and their 25 MOA scope mount.

IMG_1107.jpg

I've only put a 100 rounds through it so far, waited for the tax-stamp for the AAC Prodigy.

just uploaded some pics
boyds tacticool, weaver mil/mil, weaver rings, surgeon bolt knob,
375354_10150455735163728_794968727_8453698_577804349_n.jpg

378584_10150455741833728_794968727_8453708_158303694_n.jpg

It's def a great scope good glass with mil/mil. Perfect for a trainer or even your primary bolt gun. Too bad it's not ffp but then it wouldn't be 300 bucks brand new