• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage LRP in 6.5 Creedmore

nedceifus

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2013
Martell NE
I may be late to the LRP but I just got mine up & running finally. After messing with a LMT MWS for quite a while I decided I needed to get into a bolt gun. Originally ordered a Stealth but just could not quite wrap my mind around the astetics of the chassis. I know it seems stupid to not buy a gun because of its looks, but I decided on the LRP in stead. I have a 20MOA rail, Leupold MK 4 rings & a fresh Vortex Viper Gen2 5x25x50 FFP optic on it. Ordered a adjustable Kydex cheek piece for it today, can't even come close to a cheek weld without 3/4" of foam & tape. So far so good. Looking forward to a long relationship with this gun.

Attachments

• photo68056.jpg
    photo68056.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 20
  • photo68057.jpg
    photo68057.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 19
Cheek peice made all the difference. Only got a few rounds threw her this weekend. Shot 517yds to gather some data. Did a lot of dry fire working on my fundamentals & just getting com

Attachments

• photo68808.jpg
    photo68808.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 17
I have the same rifle and it is very accurate. Finalizing load work up and it's hovering between .5- .75 moa. The gun is heavy but the trigger is absolutely amazing and accuracy is superb for a OEM rig

They are a fantastic rifle, i have one in .260rem and its a hammer. Came from the factory with a very short chamber (can't run standard length ammo) but i've managed to tailor a load which shoots sub moa and am very happy.

Becareful... many years ago I bought one and now long range hobby is costing me a large percent of my income. Seriously it was a great rifle and very accurate, and could hang with many of my newer custom rifles.

I think this is a great rifle & I will be sticking it out with it for a while. I do wonder if I would have been happier with a chassis style rifle though. Ergonomics are taking me a little bit to get used to. I have to break my firing grip to activate the safety, I needed to add a cheek peice to get behind the optic. I have not found myself regretting not having length of pull adjustment, yet. These things I mentioned are inherent to the style of rifle I bought but are something to consider if pondering a purchase. More range reports to come.

You thought you were late to the game, I picked up the Savage 12 LRP as well. I too am very impressed with this rifle after working up some hand loads. I went out last week and was able to get 1/4 moa at 300 yrds. Ned I also wrestled with the idea of a chassis system and was about to pull the trigger on the Ruger Precision Rifle. After further research, I ultimately decided on the Savage 12 over the Ruger due to the better barrel, trigger and action. I started looking into chassis for the Savage and was able to find several that I could get. I have decided on the Masterpiece Arms BA competition chassis. Due to my needs this chassis has several options that serve real world applications. I know this post is 4 years old and you have probably already decided on something, but I thought I would share nonetheless.

Attachments

• photo73465.jpg
    photo73465.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 15
  • photo73466.jpg
    photo73466.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 17
I like this one better than any of their chassis guns. I like that HS stock. Seems like a pretty good deal with the target accutrigger for around 1k or a Lil less.

Although I sold my Savage LRP last month and move on to an AT platform, it is still an impressive rifle. Especially the trigger.
WeChat Image_20171012190628.jpg
​​​​​​​

Can't remember the last time I used my safety, if I'm off the rifle the bolt is back and there's a flag in the chamber.

I picked up a 6.5 Creedmoor long range hunter from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore for $550 after a 100 rebate.