• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Savage Mod-10 and AI-AW mags.. looks like its a go

CDiPrecision

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I acquired a new unmolested AI-AW mag, and worked on my setup this weekend some. It works. I had done another post previously about it. The action needs just slight trimming, but it is minor. I did have to rework a longer mag catch lever. It needs to be as high as possible(almost dragging the bolt on the feed lips).

It works. Will post pics later today.

Re: Savage Mod-10 and AI-AW mags.. looks like its a go

Hey Jeff I just got my 6.5 CM barrel from Shaw and was able to test out my DBM. Its awesome, I can't thank you enough. The leade on my barrel is short enough I can seat 142 SMK .020 off the lands and fit in the AICS mag. Its a shooter and a looker thanks to your DBM.

FRIGGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wondering where things stood on this.

PM to follow

Is it the same story with the remmys??

I don't mean to thread hijack, but why are these the common mags for bolt guns vs. a cheaper and much more readily available mag like a FAL mag or etc.. I mean if you have a choice why chose such an expansive mag? I've wondered this for some time, thanks.

Curious,
Bill

Also, is there a long action version in the works for short action calibers? I got my 243 before savage had a real short action so even though the box is SA the action is LA pattern...

or even a LA LA?

Re: Savage Mod-10 and AI-AW mags.. looks like its

That's good news, looking forward to seeing the LA DBM. I can't wait!

Re: Savage Mod-10 and AI-AW mags.. looks like its

could you pm me the total cost for bottom metal/2 mags/stock inlet/receiver mod? shipping not needed. now that you have the aw mags working i'll be picking one of these up after xmas
smile.gif