• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage pre fit barrels

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
Hello, I have been looking for a savage prefit barrel in 7mm rem mag i would like stainless 26" varmint contour for a model 111. I heard a few guys talk about northland shooters supply so i called and all he had for 7mm was a factory sporter weight. So i would like to find a barrel that i dont have to wait too long for this DOES NOT have to be the top notch barrel just a decent quality pre fit. Do you know of anybody that either carrys them or has shorter lead times? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Savage pre fit barrels

You could try Pac Nor barrels, pretty sure they offer Savage prefits.

I don't know what the lead times are now but I ordered a CBI barrel from Jim and it only took 6 weeks for it to show up. Also McGowan usually has shorter waits. Have you checked Midway? They have some savage prefits.

Just watch out with the Shilen's, I have seen more then 1 with chamber issues FWIW

I think the 7mm mag is considered more of a hunting round than target where varmint contour would be more common. Doubt you're gonna find one lying around, anywhere.

Try EABCO, they handle ER Shaw..but Shaw is backed up for months. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Criterion would have been your best bet, how long did he tell you the wait would be?

You can always try Krieger, Shilen, and McGowan- but you're talking a higher quality barrel- and price...

Lothar-Walther makes an excellent pre-fit barrel.

Their stainless steel is harder than most other barrel makers.

A varmint or heavier contour is not as common and would require a wait with any of the custom guys.

http://www.lothar-walther.com/350.php