• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage Retrofit non-Accutrigger with Accutrigger

almsquattro

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
I have a Savage (pre-Accutrigger) 110FP Tactical .308 rifle and would like to retrofit it with an Accutrigger. In speaking to Savage reps, they said I cannot "readily" retrofit a pre-Accutrigger rifle. Now, I know that sometimes reps are told by attorneys what to say because of things like voiding warranty; however, most modifications will void the warranty and the rep didn't sound too convincing. Has anyone successfully retrofitted a Savage with an Accutrigger? The Accutrigger is about $40 from Savage which is why it appears to be my most economical option for a better and safe trigger.

Re: Savage Retrofit non-Accutrigger with Accutrigger

With the time involved, even if it was possible to retrofit the accutrigger to your gun, it'd probably be cheaper to just buy a quality aftermarket trigger anyways.

Just buy an after market trigger. The Accu-trigger is junk, I took the center blade out of mine did some work on the sear and turned the spring all the way down, it's good now.

Thanks Chadwick. You are probably right; however, in addition to price, The Accutrigger appears to be a good balance of adjustability and safety.

Accutrigger can be very tempermental. Go SSS or Rifle basix sav-1 and you're set. You will thank us all later. My rifle basix once set up right is better than an accutrigger by far IMO. Also I found mine used for 50.00

Good luck,
Merritt

Compared to the accutrigger, Sharpshooter Supply's 90 dollar comp trigger is sweeeeeet.

If you have a bit of mechanical aptitude you can install yourself.

X2 for the Rifle Baisx Sav-1. I really like mine. I've heard good things about the SSS too

most say the RB sav-2 is better dont they? either brownells or midway has the SSS trigger in stock

I have an SSS comp on one of mine that used to have an accutrigger. I love it. I also have a pre accu trigger model that I put a Rifle Basix Sav 2. I love that trigger. Goes from 4 ounces to several pounds.

I appreciate the input gentlemen. I will definitely forgo the Accutrigger. I guess it will be a toss-up between the Sharp Shooters Supply and the Rifle Basix Sav-2....

You are on the right track, I haven't used the SSS but my Rifle Basix Sav-1 was a step up over the accutrigger. And the Accutrigger isn't a bad trigger either but the Rifle Basix Sav-1 was easy to install with no modifications.

The SSS and RB Sav-2 can be adjusted if you remove the trigger guard. However it is a little tricky and you can't get to all of the adjustment screws. Its a lot easier to just pop the stock off.

yeah, it is a little bit of a pain popping off the stock to get the final feel, but once it is set, it's worth the little extra time. i try to get it as close as possible without the stock on, but of course it does make a difference with it on.

plus going the aftermarket route gets you used to using a "normal" trigger, no blades.

not to knock the accutrigger, it's better than the non accutrigger setup. but the rifle basix is definately a step up from the accutrigger, and you can get it down to .75lb to 1lb if you should choose to do so without slam fires and the safety working, even dropped from 2 feet.

i don't have any experience with the SSS trigger, can't comment on it.

you can get the stock "non" adjustable down to about 3 lbs by adjusting the screws that are already there (i went that way first), but the rifle basix is much criper and smoother.

i used this with success on a non-accutriger stevens 200 b-4 the rifle basix install: http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage110trigger.html

http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIID2a190.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">most say the RB sav-2 is better dont they? either brownells or midway has the SSS trigger in stock</div></div>

You have a link for that? I can't find the SSS trigger at Midway, just the RB.

Get the trigger from SSS

awesome!!!

If you are going to upgrade, do it to something that wasn't designed by an attorney, and manufactured for the masses...