• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Saying Goodbye

Man what a rough time i know it is tough we had to put ours down a almost 2 years ago and it was the worst call i have ever gotten from my wife while i was at work. I just stopped in my tracks and didn't know what to do or say. It is tough, but once you can manage to get another dog jump on it and get back in the saddle and try to get something from a rescue or another service like that, save a dog any chance you get!

Its never an easy thing. I do not know the circumstances but if its b/c the quality of life is no longer there then you are doing the right thing. The suffering will be over and she will be in a better place. Believe me when I say this, I know firsthand.

Time will heal your sorrow. And no, your dog can never be replaced. You had your special bond with her while she was here and that cannot be duplicated. If and when you get another dog remember that b/c you will be comparing her to the new pup. Not fair to the new kid or to you as well. With that being said, you have alot of wonderful years to look forward to and alot of memories to create whenever you feel ready.

Its never an easy thing. I do not know the circumstances but if its b/c the quality of life is no longer there then you are doing the right thing. The suffering will be over and she will be in a better place. Believe me when I say this, I know firsthand.

Time will heal your sorrow. And no, your dog can never be replaced. You had your special bond with her while she was here and that cannot be duplicated. If and when you get another dog remember that b/c you will be comparing her to the new pup. Not fair to the new kid or to you as well. With that being said, you have alot of wonderful years to look forward to and alot of memories to create whenever you feel ready.
\

Very nicely said bullzeye. I lost my best friend this year (13 year old lab/pit mix) and it was pretty hard. Time will heal your pain, and I'm very sorry to hear of your lost. It appears their are lots of dog lovers here and know how your feeling.

We had to put our lab down last year. We had her for 15yrs and we still haven't got over it yet. I want to get another pup but my wife just can't go through it again. I wish you the best and know the pain your going through. I do believe that the best thing is to find a new "Best friend" They can't replace the one you lost but they will be a whole new and wonderful adventure for you.

Sorry for the loss I have a ten year old lab I dread the day he does not get to hunt with me any more

I am looking for the strength and courage to keep my shit wired tight tomorrow because at 1745 HRS. I have to let my 14 year old German Shepherd go. I still see the spark in her eyes, but she can now barely walk these past few days. Severe arthritis in her left elbow, and a degenerative spinal affliction all of which progressed at an unbelieveable rate this past 2 weeks. Our vet who has been treating her for 12 years told us that this could happen slowly, or sadly, just this quick. I remember when she ran 5 miles with me everyother day. She was a fierce protector of my wife and daughter, and even drank beer with me in the garage. We get so attached to our pets, why do we do this to ourselves? I thought, rather I felt that I was the only one who felt this way about a dog. All the best to members who have been down this terrible path.

Doug