• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing SBR Laser Engraving - San Antonio TX

VonnBarron

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2014
This is actually my first post for the forum but wanted to provide a positive review in case anyone in the Central TX area is looking to have their lower or anything else for that matter engraved.

Gray's Laser Engraving
San Antonio, TX

Bill is a great guy, very professional and top of the line equipment. I waited while my lower was engraved and shot the bull with Bill. Turned out fantastic.

Was he able to obtain enough depth with the laser through anodizing? .03 I think it needs to be technically.

Sent from my GS5 on Tapatalk

This is actually my first post for the forum but wanted to provide a positive review in case anyone in the Central TX area is looking to have their lower or anything else for that matter engraved.

Gray's Laser Engraving
San Antonio, TX

Bill is a great guy, very professional and top of the line equipment. I waited while my lower was engraved and shot the bull with Bill. Turned out fantastic.

Ditto to all the above. With the BS'ing that goes on, it's a surprisingly fast process. Very nice and precise work.

Bill is a 07FFL SOT holder, probably one of a few engraving business's in the US and goes beyond the ATF requirements.

I am sure he could probably cut a lower in half with the equipment he uses.

Last edited:
Was he able to obtain enough depth with the laser through anodizing? .03 I think it needs to be technically.

ATF requires a minimum depth of .003" which can be easily obtained with the right laser.
I believe a YAG laser is best for metals where the Co2 laser is better for wood and fiber. Some times multiple passes are required to get the depth desired.

He has done 3 SBR's for me over the past couple years. Top notch work, plenty deep and he has always done it while I waited too. I also had him numbers match a virgin AKSU-74 it for me and it turned out great.

Awesome, I was just curious. I should have investigated a bit more, didnt realize he does a lot of NFA stuff. The name of the shop just made it sound like he was a run of the mill engraver in which case a lot of times they dont have the right laser to get deep enough.