• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SBR Optic... Elcan or Razor? Others?

Given that use case wouldn't it make a lot more sense to ditch the LPVO and get a scope with more magnification if you are just going to use an offset optic for close in work.

Something that is still light enough to handle well.

Gotta draw the line on weight & size somewhere. Something like the NX8 2.5-10x or that March 1.5-15x would be cool with the 45° RDS, but it's probably overkill for an SBR for a CONUS cop.

Reactions: Spydey225 and RTV
Gotta draw the line on weight & size somewhere. Something like the NX8 2.5-10x or that March 1.5-15x would be cool with the 45° RDS, but it's probably overkill for an SBR for a CONUS cop.

Sounds like i might have just found my reason to get a DD5 lol... gotta try that setup out and see how it would work.
I agree a march 1.5-15 or something would be pretty overkill on an SBR with the LPVO that we have now that still leave room for IR lasers or whatever else you want up top.

Really wish Nightforce would make an updated FFP 2.5-10x42 and keep it close to 21oz. Friggen perfection with an offset Aimpoint on the 14.5-16 barreled guns. Hell make it an ATACR for all I care.

thanks for all input,, are there any combo rings for lpvo that have a 45 offset for dot built in,, or do most just get the 45 deg rail mount for rmr,, assume rmr is still the preferred dot? what is most popular one,, i have a 6 and a 7 i think

thanks for all input,, are there any combo rings for lpvo that have a 45 offset for dot built in,, or do most just get the 45 deg rail mount for rmr,, assume rmr is still the preferred dot? what is most popular one,, i have a 6 and a 7 i think

Badger ordnance condition one mount is what you seek.
VERY high quality i have one holding my Razor G3.

Reactions: FishinGuns
Badger ordnance condition one mount is what you seek.
VERY high quality i have one holding my Razor G3.

+1 for the badger. I have an atacr 1-8 on a 16” LMT sitting in a 1.7” COM and the thing exudes quality.

Same with the Geissele 1.54” that houses my C599. Don’t overlook a Geissele/Reptilia combo.

(Yo sell me your COM (34mm) & Reptilia (30mm) 12:00 RMR mounts)

the Elcan has always peaked my interest but I've never had the opportunity to handle one let alone shoot with one. how forgiving is the eyebox vs a good LVPO and vs. a T2?

1x eyebox is good, a bit better than your gold standard 1-6 LPVOs like the Razor and K16i. It is noticeably larger when moving from right to left (or up and down) but, presumably due to the design of the prism, is funnily enough about the same when moving from left to right.

4x eyebox is excellent, it barely shrinks from 1x. I would venture it might be somewhere around 1.5-2x better than your average high dollar LPVO on the same magnification setting.

No scope will be as forgiving as a T2, Elcan included.

does the eye relief shift when moving between 1x & 4x?

No. However it does become somewhat less forgiving of eye relief error, meaning that if you were off to begin with, you will see more obscuration if you switch to 4x.

how usable is the reticle when not illuminated?

Eh, it's ok. Probably a bit better than the NX8 and ATACR I would imagine but not as good as the full crosshair designs like the Razor Gen 2. Certainly much more usable than something like the Razor Gen 3 or the S&B 1-8 Dual CC I would think, though I frankly prefer to use illumination on any scope for anything besides precision bench shooting if at all possible.

is it daylight bright @ 1x?

Yes and also at 4x, the illumination isn't supposed to change between magnification settings. The 5th and highest setting is what I would call nuclear bright, as in, not only will it not wash out but it will glow brilliantly even against bright light backgrounds.

Note that I'm referring to the dot illumination here, the full reticle illumination will only be low light visible. It is very useful for night ranging though.