• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms ***SCAMMER ALERT***

Brav04Logan

Sergeant of the Hide
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2020
If anyone with username “Mattgrips” on snipers hide messages you saying his buddy “Roy James” or “Roy Matthews” has a RIMX barreled action for sale, DO NOT BUY. Report them immediately and please message me if you’ve been scammed by them. They just got me for $1500, I have a police report and investigation opened in houston texas, Dallas Texas, and Cumberland county Nc. If you have been scammed by them please let me know and we can add it to my reports. Emails used by them are “[email protected]” and “[email protected]” as well as cell phone number “(469)806-1107” they will send a picture with date and username on post it note as well hoping that will work.

Attachments

• 173CD413-CC99-4EFB-BA07-8E1666F7AB71.png
    173CD413-CC99-4EFB-BA07-8E1666F7AB71.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 633
hope you are able to get them and that they are held accountable thank for the warning . burry them in a nameless grave while knocked out .

There’s some benefits to having friends in RSTA.. hopefully the police find them before I do.

Lol first time on the internet?

This scam has been reported like 80 times on here the last year.....
Cool buddy. 👍🏼 Didn’t see it before but I’m still gonna put it up in case someone else didn’t see it.. did you have anything relevant to say or just wanna run your mouth? Wouldn’t expect much more from someone who spent their time in a 4th ID Stryker brigade lol.

Cool buddy. 👍🏼 Didn’t see it before but I’m still gonna put it up in case someone else didn’t see it.. did you have anything relevant to say or just wanna run your mouth? Wouldn’t expect much more from someone who spent their time in a 4th ID Stryker brigade lol.
Na furthering your PSA for the masses...

It's a scam as old as time on here just like all the lower enlisted financing scams outside every main gate. Did you finance rims at 38.5% too lol?🤣

If anyone contacts you for a wtb ad and says my buddy billy has one at xxx you are talking with a scammer.

Painful as it is hope you get your money back but good luck.

PS...
When I was in, it was a heavy armored brigade....that low speed track life lol

how did you send the money? i hate this for you man.

This asshole tried to get me for FN magazines. Same story, contact Roy.
Contacted Roy and he wanted me to send payment to an email address with someone else’s name. That threw the red flag for me and I was out.

What a pile of garbage.

I'm just confused on how this dude hasn't been arrested yet. It would seem the sum of his scams would yield some felonies.

Since you have a phone number, have everyone make 10 calls per day at all hours. He’ll have to get rid of it eventually. Lol

Since you have a phone number, have everyone make 10 calls per day at all hours. He’ll have to get rid of it eventually. Lol

Guys it's a voip number guaranteed you can sign up for as many as you want on Google.......it's not a real phone

Reactions: Nik H
Stupid people doing stupid things and taking part in stupid scams

We made enough warnings about this scam, you are completely DUMB in all caps if you think this is a person and not an organized crime group, most of them are not even US-Based...

if you are not gonna report stuff you get what you deserve and I consider this type of posting a mild forum suicide. Look every one an idiot who fell for something we have warned you about

Like a plastic bag with a warning label on it.. don't put the bag on your head.

I’m Steven zipparo. Some dude out there somehow got a picture of my DL and has been scamming people for years. I’ve gotten multiple Facebook messages and have saved many people from getting scammed. Unfortunately there’s nothing I can really do about it and like frank said, people just need to have their wits about them when dealing with scammers. Usually when a deal seems too good to be true it is.

Without a user name you are wasting out time

we could ban them in a second but why bother you all enjoy it too much so fend for yourselves
It takes more than a second though. Birddogs account was active on the site for hours and he was trying to scam multiple people. The threads from users helped call him out and people dealing with him were able to help each other out. That’s a clue if I’ve ever seen one.

Reactions: Senor_Barney
I’m Steven zipparo. Some dude out there somehow got a picture of my DL and has been scamming people for years. I’ve gotten multiple Facebook messages and have saved many people from getting scammed. Unfortunately there’s nothing I can really do about it and like frank said, people just need to have their wits about them when dealing with scammers. Usually when a deal seems too good to be true it is.
I can vouch for Steven. He is as good as they get (not to mention one hell of a shooter) and would never scam anybody. Sorry for all getting scammed but like Steven said, do your homework

What's going on lately? Scammers are working extra hard on firearm forums, I just saw another dude got scammed in another forum. Don't remember this happened in the past, not this frequently.

Reactions: YotaEer

If I had a phone number of someone using my ID I think I'd do my best to find them.

Reactions: Kaveman44
I took a (cell phone) photo of my DL last year to send to a out of state FFl as part of a purchase protocol. I thought I had deleted it but I hadn’t, so I just did.

If your phone is hacked, they’ll have access to your photo album.

Reactions: VA-Varminter
I took a (cell phone) photo of my DL last year to send to a out of state FFl as part of a purchase protocol. I thought I had deleted it but I hadn’t, so I just did.

If your phone is hacked, they’ll have access to your photo album.
If you take 20 minutes to set your phone up you wouldn't have that problem.
Always divorce and encrypt your data.

Uh. What's wrong with Stryker Brigade? Other than the stryker??

The scammers are gangs, this organized crime, you are not dealing with individuals

they roam the internet, buy stolen passwords and then follow you around hoping to find one that still works, then they have you.

Honestly, if you ask questions and stop trying to score once and lifetime deals, you'd see it for what they are, scams.

These are blatantly obvious to anyone but those with clouds in their eyes thinking they scored something at a huge discount. There are no discounts today, stop playing like you found one and the scammers will go away.

Folks posting phone numbers, birthdays, email addresses etc. on the open forum are courting disaster as well...... I am really surprised when folks do this.

I make my living selling on the web. I have shipped all over the world including places like Russia, Croatia et al. I have not been scammed yet, which means I'm due, not lucky. Fortunately I'm not a criminal but I can think like one. This has saved me more times than I can count.

Make no mistake, scammers are working all the angles. Even the best of us can get scammed. Hell, if you sell on eBay it is almost a given. They all but encourage it. That said, a little common sense goes a long freakin' ways. I shut people down at the drop of a hat if I smell trouble. I reserve the right to refuse to serve anyone, that I don't feel is credible.

A phone call is one of my first lines of defense. If you can't talk by phone, that is a red flag. Since we are all carrying the freakin' things.........! (yes I have gotten a Russian or two out of bed to talk :) )

Last edited:
The police have just about zero interest in these crimes. Any WTB ad is definitely an invitation to get scammed. Insist on a pic of the item with your name and whatever written on a piece of paper placed part way under the object. If they are legit you will get that photo and they have the item. Sure they could still scam you but these scammers never had the item to begin with so thats the last you will hear from them.

Reactions: paulL01
The problem is, idiots entertain them because they think they are getting a deal or someone is doing them a favor

The moment you post a WTB the unsolicited emails and PMs start and if you don't turn in the user that says,

My Friend Bob at this Email address has one... its a total scam yet here we are

Reactions: netranger6
Even worse........ LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Na it actually gets worse............

I'm air assault badged too lol 🤣

Gets the choking chicken and 82nd professional lawn dart boys all in a twist....hey man nothing like having a cooler, lawn chairs and a shade tent to take wherever you're going

People keep falling for this shit, pretty soon it's gonna cost $19.99 a month for private message privileges.

• Haha
People keep falling for this shit, pretty soon it's gonna cost $19.99 a month for private message privileges.
That won't work either, because 20 bucks a month is worth it if they can get some sucker to cough up 1k on something that doesn't exist

I've done business with Steven...heck he's been to my house, toured my 'shop', genuinely nice young man.

Reactions: generalzip
The problem is, idiots entertain them because they think they are getting a deal or someone is doing them a favor

The moment you post a WTB the unsolicited emails and PMs start and if you don't turn in the user that says,

My Friend Bob at this Email address has one... its a total scam yet here we are
No one sells a Desert Tech barrel for $250 bucks for example, if you get burned on a grift like that you kinda had it coming. There is no getting rid of scammers, and no getting rid of victims.

Last edited: