• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Scammer amongst us - “wading”

So why is PP the default payment option for thousands of firearm parts and accessories on ebay? And PP often an option on gunbroker/other sites for parts/accessories?
good question. one ive posed to gunbroker. and paypal. because I got a lifetime ban on paypal for accepting money on paypal for an auction where I sold someone a shotgun on gunbroker and they put in the notes it was for a shotgun. at the time when setting up the auctions there was even an accept paypal as an acceptable payment button. They took my money and banned me for life. its in the fine print. all firearms and firearm related sales. they are very antigun. Took almost 6 months to get my money from paypal. being banned from paypal is quite the pain in the ass and every couple years i try to get them to give me my account back and nope. I like firearms there fore I am not permitted to use their services.

So why is PP the default payment option for thousands of firearm parts and accessories on ebay? And PP often an option on gunbroker/other sites for parts/accessories?

It does seem like they talk out of both sides of their mouth. My guess is that as time goes by, both eBay and PayPal will phase out buyer protections for any firearm parts and accessories no matter what it is...It may just be a matter of developing the policy logic to make it happen. May also be a question of marginal cost/benefit.

Not long ago, I got banned from eGay for 7 days for listing a KAC rail and muzzle brake that eGay considered “assault weapon parts” yet there are dozens of muzzle devices and rail systems listed and available for purchase at any given time that can be used on any manner of weapon as long as the thread pitch matches.

Leftist thinking, lol...Go figure...

I got this message this morning. I emailed "Barry" to check it out and the pics he sent me were the first ones to pop up on a Google search. Nice try "Barry".
Looks like the ones that I recieved last weekend after I posted a want to buy ad and the guy keeps emailing me to purchase his items he sent pictures of an Ebay listed Mk4 scope that I was already watching and the locations didn't match , today he sent an email asking if I was going to buy his scope . Nice try .
Notice his screen name isn't highlighted neither on yours. How are they accessing to send a pm or email ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-215633_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200903-215633_Gallery.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20200903-215623_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200903-215623_Gallery.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 109
Looks like the ones that I recieved last weekend after I posted a want to buy ad and the guy keeps emailing me to purchase his items he sent pictures of an Ebay listed Mk4 scope that I was already watching and the locations didn't match , today he sent an email asking if I was going to buy his scope . Nice try .
Notice his screen name isn't highlighted neither on yours. How are they accessing to send a pm or email ?

Not sure what you’re asking.

They are accessing the site just like you and I. “Mark kenneth” was an account here. It was banned on Aug 29th.

Reactions: 81sfo
Not sure what you’re asking.

They are accessing the site just like you and I. “Mark kenneth” was an account here. It was banned on Aug 29th.
Well that answers my question, I didn't know he was a member to begin with that explains why I couldn't find him, and no wonder the pm was not found it said "Oops something went wrong "

Reactions: Dthomas3523
It does seem like they talk out of both sides of their mouth. My guess is that as time goes by, both eBay and PayPal will phase out buyer protections for any firearm parts and accessories no matter what it is...It may just be a matter of developing the policy logic to make it happen. May also be a question of marginal cost/benefit.

Not long ago, I got banned from eGay for 7 days for listing a KAC rail and muzzle brake that eGay considered “assault weapon parts” yet there are dozens of muzzle devices and rail systems listed and available for purchase at any given time that can be used on any manner of weapon as long as the thread pitch matches.

Leftist thinking, lol...Go figure...
if it werent for the double standard we wouldnt have any. Thats it bro. They have rules setup to selectively end peoples access to their services and even have in their fine print that if you break their rules, your money is theirs. and they dont have to give you any of the money thats in your paypal account. back when it happened to me you couldnt sell gun parts on ebay. so to me, now its even more hypocritical. heres the icing on the cake. they also wont let me close my account. and have had my account hacked multiple times and had my information stolen. because my account is suspended it can not be used or closed. seriously fuck paypal. and its gay sister ebay.

Am I missing something. If buying can you not use USPS money order. It is insured, federal offense if an item not sent (I realize that they have to catch the person first )
i always pay with, and primarily only accept postal money orders when buying online....for the reasons listed above.

plus EVERYONE has access to a post office, so theres no excuse for people to bitch about using it.

and you can have the MO verified and cashed at the PO....so you dont have to worry about fake money orders.

i always pay with, and primarily only accept postal money orders when buying online....for the reasons listed above.

plus EVERYONE has access to a post office, so theres no excuse for people to bitch about using it.

and you can have the MO verified and cashed at the PO....so you dont have to worry about fake money orders.
Nah brah. Not everyone has time to run to the post office and get MOs. Ie anyone that works much and or leaves in the middle of nowhere

if it werent for the double standard we wouldnt have any. Thats it bro......back when it happened to me you couldnt sell gun parts on ebay. so to me, now its even more hypocritical. heres the icing on the cake. they also wont let me close my account. and have had my account hacked multiple times and had my information stolen. because my account is suspended it can not be used or closed. seriously fuck paypal. and its gay sister ebay.

Totally agree, thats all kinds of fucked up. Sorry that happened to you. Fucking leftist shit bags; they are out to disarm us and destroy America. No question about it.

yea it’s definitely a fine line we have to walk with respect to our values/patronizing a leftist organization and the need to mitigate risk, at least as a buyer. As a seller, PayPal doesn’t do much for you at all, from what I’ve seen.

Lastly, Have to agree with @deersniper with respect to convenience. Hate going to the PO for any reason, other then to just drop a pre-lableded package off...

edit to say that the fact we even have to choose between our values as Americans and some transactional security in BAU dealings is the real outrage to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: NateSavannah
theres a couple of dodgies going around i think ..

got a message from a "member "( shotterscott ) and the convo is now deleted . he passed on a email from a guy called
Barry selling the scope [email protected]
who will only accept Venmo . sounds legit
got sent a few pics of the scope but sounds too good to be true

rang some bells when he said he bought it from Germany 6 months ago considering its a US built scope for US market
Steiner p4xi 4-16 scr

Reactions: 81sfo
You are supposed to report people who PM You with links and suggestions to see someone else,

This is a classic scam we warned you about and you all are like, No big deal, then when you get ripped off you cry a river

We warned you if they contact you via PM to report them so we can ban them and any accounts linked to them

Really sick of you stupid fuckers just looking to score a deal, then when you get bit you whine.

Might have to start banning those who get ripped off as being too stupid for this site, the warnings are there, the writing is all over the place yet here we are

That one account is linked to at least 4 others that are actually using proxies and blocking their location as well as posting right alongside everyone

They are trolling the PX and making posts, so when they rip you off you think they are long time members

Multiple linked accounts all Proxies and you are joking because you like the idea of a deal ...

Fuck all, gonna let this stuff cost you, why do we bother enforcing things, looking at IP addresses and emails in an attempt to catch these assholes, instead it's just a joke, well Joke will be on you when I stand my MODS down and stop looking at this stuff

• Angry
Reactions: deersniper and M77
Not to be a dick about the Post Office, but their M/Orders are what i use for almost all big ticket items, i will not touch P/P for anything firearms related. For those saying it can be hard to get to one, I sort of understand, but how far will we drive to a range? Try finding a regional branch, mine isn't exactly close but they are open 7 days a week. Also, we're not talking about $10.00-$20.00 dollars here. Just my .02 cents worth.

Seriously, what is so hard about FaceTime or being ok with not selling to someone. That’s why I post this shit. What do ya know, never got a response. It pays to be a skeptical asshole

55B3BCF7-30D4-4FC9-9073-BA8046E349A9.png

2CADA12A-265B-473B-979C-3C5192A97137.png

I use walmart money orders more than anywhere else. I hate going to the post office.
Scammers are everywhere. If you think paypal will protect you, hold their beer.
If its important to you vet all transactions. Even than, some people are very convincing.
I just assume everyones out to scam me and move backwards from there.
I ask alot of what seems like redundant and stupid questions.
its all a test.
Im a private person. I prefer cash transactions. money orders are the same as cash.

I have always used USPS Money Order also. I believe the reason it's considered a red flag is that a fraudulent seller asking for a MO with tracking intends to intercept the payment at the address they are using. So it's not offering a MO as a buyer that's suspicious, it's a seller who insists on the tracking.

You are supposed to report people who PM You with links and suggestions to see someone else,

This is a classic scam we warned you about and you all are like, No big deal, then when you get ripped off you cry a river

We warned you if they contact you via PM to report them so we can ban them and any accounts linked to them

Really sick of you stupid fuckers just looking to score a deal, then when you get bit you whine.

Might have to start banning those who get ripped off as being too stupid for this site, the warnings are there, the writing is all over the place yet here we are
I've reported a couple scammers that did that whole PM asking me to email someone else about my WTB add. The mods handled it asap, gotta say I'm really impressed with how efficient this forum runs.

Reactions: Hardpan
I'm in the Seattle area. That address is a UPS store. For whatever reason, UPS store franchisees seem to be tied with internet / credit card fraud rings.

I have always used USPS Money Order also. I believe the reason it's considered a red flag is that a fraudulent seller asking for a MO with tracking intends to intercept the payment at the address they are using. So it's not offering a MO as a buyer that's suspicious, it's a seller who insists on the tracking.

I've always tried to offer USPS money orders as a buyer because I worry about sellers trying to scam me. They are going to have to deposit it in a bank account or cash it at a Post Office, so there's going to A) a paper trail, B) more than likely they are going to be on video, and C) you get to involve USPS Inspectors or whatever they are called.

I've used them a bunch on my state gun forum. I've mostly only seen pushback about them here. One seller was cool with it. Most didn't want to take one because they thought it would be too much hassle. One seller had no clue how they even worked.

Fortunately, I've also never been scammed on here, but I feel for the people that have. Scammers are getting advanced. A few years back, I was doing a transaction for a digital item and the buyer was supposed to deposit the money into my account at a branch near him. Dude sent me a picture of a deposit receipt that he had signed along with a handwritten note with the date and time on it. Except that he had also photoshopped the receipt and printed it out first, in order to make it look as legit as possible.