• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scammer?

9mmkungfu

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2009
VA
I posted a WTB, and received a PM from a user "peterhopper" (saw the email notification). However, the message has been removed from my PM box. I'm also not able to PM that user. Message contents below:

"Hi 9mmkungfu, contact Alfred in Colorado he has Aimpoint T2 for sale

[email protected]

Regards

Peter"

Was this a scam message?

Those are almost always scams. That whole "contact a guy at this address" is a huge red flag.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
All this. And the fact that I can't seem to locate him as a user on the forum anymore....all seems to add up. Yes, his Fakepoint is still available! :p

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
Its magic mushrooms here in CO now. Voted legal in Denver.
Or the piles of weed everywhere.

When someone is flagged as a spammer, a series of scripts are kicked off. One of these goes through the system "cleaning up" after the spammer by deleting posts and messages. This limits the burden on the mods and admins from having to track down each post to delete, and makes clean up easier when we get ones that dump (literally) hundreds of machine generated posts.

Reactions: lash
I always operated if I ever had a suspicion that the transaction was potentially a scam then I stop communication and back away. Even if I had a 1% inkling that it is a scam. I would rather play if safe than sorry.

I believe it has already been resolved and somebody nailed this shirt bird down before he could scam anybody. If not... be wary. They're out there.

Thanks to whoever was going above and beyond.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200829-074427_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200829-074427_Chrome.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 152
I have looked at the hides px so many times over the years and seen some great deals. But never had enough confidence in myself that I was scam proof. Then I find myself trying to sell an optic or other nice piece of gear at the local level. So many tire kickers and low ballers.

R/
CBDR

I just got a PM from a guy wanting me to export a barrel to Saudi fucking Arabia! Explaining how to get around customs and shit. 2 posts. Scammer or setup.

I like the idea of acquiescing though and doing exactly as he asks (if he pays) and sending him that package marked as "steel tube" --which in fact contains nothing more than a steel tube from Home Depot! Hey, I'd get one as close to .224" as I can!

Dude wants a 1/9 twist, presumably I guess to rebarrel a stolen AR/M4 into a "precision" rig that'll handle 55's - 69's well. Or that's what I glean from his two posts and the PM.

Counting on you jarhead to remove his ass please. I'll even write Crayola on you and your Corp's behalf, asking they make a 24ct. box of grape only crayons.

I just got a PM from a guy wanting me to export a barrel to Saudi fucking Arabia! Explaining how to get around customs and shit. 2 posts. Scammer or setup.

I like the idea of acquiescing though and doing exactly as he asks (if he pays) and sending him that package marked as "steel tube" --which in fact contains nothing more than a steel tube from Home Depot! Hey, I'd get one as close to .224" as I can!

Dude wants a 1/9 twist, presumably I guess to rebarrel a stolen AR/M4 into a "precision" rig that'll handle 55's - 69's well. Or that's what I glean from his two posts and the PM.

Counting on you jarhead to remove his ass please. I'll even write Crayola on you and your Corp's behalf, asking they make a 24ct. box of grape only crayons.

DThomas got him for you. I approved the guy’s account, and thought it was odd getting a request “The Kingdom”....

Just wanted to say thank you to the admins, system and Frank for all the work you’ve done to keep things secure. I got a pm from someone off an old wtb post, system deleted it before I could report it.

Attachments

• B3F246F9-06F1-4BFB-8F21-FC10774253C5.png
    B3F246F9-06F1-4BFB-8F21-FC10774253C5.png
    367.7 KB · Views: 90
Pretty sure ethanjordan got me.. he is gone now.. Never use F/F for any purchase on PP.. At least I'm only out $100. I didn't think there was an issue with this shit on here..learned me lesson.