Scammer?

9mmkungfu

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2009
VA
I posted a WTB, and received a PM from a user "peterhopper" (saw the email notification). However, the message has been removed from my PM box. I'm also not able to PM that user. Message contents below:

"Hi 9mmkungfu, contact Alfred in Colorado he has Aimpoint T2 for sale

adonaialfred39@gmail.com

Regards

Peter"

Was this a scam message?

9mmkungfu

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2009
VA
All this. And the fact that I can't seem to locate him as a user on the forum anymore....all seems to add up. Yes, his Fakepoint is still available! :p

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
When someone is flagged as a spammer, a series of scripts are kicked off. One of these goes through the system "cleaning up" after the spammer by deleting posts and messages. This limits the burden on the mods and admins from having to track down each post to delete, and makes clean up easier when we get ones that dump (literally) hundreds of machine generated posts.

Reactions: lash

hellishot

Private
Belligerents
Apr 26, 2017
I always operated if I ever had a suspicion that the transaction was potentially a scam then I stop communication and back away. Even if I had a 1% inkling that it is a scam. I would rather play if safe than sorry.

CBDR

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 4, 2017
Jacksonville FL.
I have looked at the hides px so many times over the years and seen some great deals. But never had enough confidence in myself that I was scam proof. Then I find myself trying to sell an optic or other nice piece of gear at the local level. So many tire kickers and low ballers.

R/
CBDR

Strykervet

DEEZ NUTZ DEPUTY DOG!
Belligerents
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
I just got a PM from a guy wanting me to export a barrel to Saudi fucking Arabia! Explaining how to get around customs and shit. 2 posts. Scammer or setup.

I like the idea of acquiescing though and doing exactly as he asks (if he pays) and sending him that package marked as "steel tube" --which in fact contains nothing more than a steel tube from Home Depot! Hey, I'd get one as close to .224" as I can!

Dude wants a 1/9 twist, presumably I guess to rebarrel a stolen AR/M4 into a "precision" rig that'll handle 55's - 69's well. Or that's what I glean from his two posts and the PM.

Counting on you jarhead to remove his ass please. I'll even write Crayola on you and your Corp's behalf, asking they make a 24ct. box of grape only crayons.

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
I just got a PM from a guy wanting me to export a barrel to Saudi fucking Arabia! Explaining how to get around customs and shit. 2 posts. Scammer or setup.

I like the idea of acquiescing though and doing exactly as he asks (if he pays) and sending him that package marked as "steel tube" --which in fact contains nothing more than a steel tube from Home Depot! Hey, I'd get one as close to .224" as I can!

Dude wants a 1/9 twist, presumably I guess to rebarrel a stolen AR/M4 into a "precision" rig that'll handle 55's - 69's well. Or that's what I glean from his two posts and the PM.

Counting on you jarhead to remove his ass please. I'll even write Crayola on you and your Corp's behalf, asking they make a 24ct. box of grape only crayons.
DThomas got him for you. I approved the guy’s account, and thought it was odd getting a request “The Kingdom”....