• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scar 20S- range report

I did a few searches and cannot seem to find people with them. Anyone have one and what do you think of it? I seen one last week and it is pretty awesome but a heavy SOB! I do not mind rifles like that since it is not made for running around with but it is a factor. The bolt cycles so smooth!
A friend just bought one. I will be putting rounds through it just as soon as the weather cools off a bit. I will report ASAP.

Reactions: CageFighter
I just got one but haven't had a chance to take it out yet. At the moment I put a USO 1-8x SR8 on it just so I could go shoot it but it really needs something like a 3-12 or 4-16. It also needs a mount that doesn't stick out or preferably bolt down on the L side because it interferes with charging and you scrub your knuckles each time, it's tight. My beloved Badger mounts ain't gonna work here I'm afraid, not unless you can turn the rings backwards and I'm not sure you can.

I have the SR25 and the Mk20 and they're both different animals that can fill similar roles. But they're different enough still that I'll keep 'em both. Both are very fine weapons, the SR25 I feel is a finer rifle for the price when fit, finish and quality of parts is considered. The Mk20 is obviously a much easier weapon to mfg.

If you don't have a GOOD semi 7.62 (or 6.5C if that's your thing) then either one of these rifles I would highly recommend. You can't go wrong with either one but the Mk20 is more of an accurized battle rifle whereas the SR25 is more of a dedicated precision rifle with it's SS cut rifle bbl. Up to you. I guess if I could only have one though and I wasn't being bias to KAC shit, I'd have to say Mk20, and I wanted an SR25 since they came out in 1990 at $10,000 a pop.

You can score a 7.62 Mk20 NIB on Gunbroker for $3500. Should've been $3200 but the guy is shill bidding his own sales and GB doesn't care and isn't savvy enough to stop him. $3500 still wasn't bad. An SR25, even through KAC with a military account, will cost more.

Gunmagwarehouse has the SCAR mags you need for the best price I've found, $38.99 or something like that. Ask for vet discount if that applies.

It's also one of the few modern accurized semi rifles that's NOT an AR derivative, so that's nice.