• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and bender durability and toughness, how durable are they? how does it compare to NF and every other brand?

It's actually very functional and useable. It ain't TT or ZCO glass, but it's more than useable, with the faintest hint of CA (I have a 5-25). Low light performance is actually quite good.

Yes, I actually had no doubt. I'm enjoying this thread enough that I posted a link to that thread, just to contrast the opinions in this thread, with the opinions it that one.

That thread has a few guys looking through the MK5 side by side with the ATACR, and giving the MK5 the win for glass.

Also a few comparisons with S&B.

I was just wondering who's full of crap, these guys or those guys. ?

Glass is mostly subjective at each “level.”

There are a few everyone feels are a bit better than the rest.

Then you will hear this and that is better. That and this is better, etc etc.

Reactions: stefan73
While S&B are good scopes. ZCO should own that market because of the insane prices S&B wants for their optics.
Just wished ZCO had LE/Mil discounts. They don't. I asked.

Wait... did people actually take the 0 kelvin comment as being serious? That entire comment was dripping with sarcasm.
1580963775950.gif

So far I haven't seen one on any military service rifle, but perhaps they are used by the super secret ops?

S&B on the other hand...

Not that it really means anything since military contracts are complicated, typically pretty long term and overall cost is a major factor.
But I know for a "fact" that ZCO's have been recently acquired by our military. :censored:

Neither of my S&B PM II can complete with my ZCO...

Agreed.

but until zco comes out with an ultra short that can give a 520 US a run for it's money tho I'll still be rocking SB ultra shorts on rifles I need a compact scope. 420 is still to long and I need some msr2 love.

SB is almost 10% shorter, it's lighter and has the msr2 reticle.........ew eotech wtf is the matter with you...... Think your Burt gummer midlife crisis is messing with your head
Don’t hate it’s the only one that leaves me enough room on my Covert for a UTCXII when I’m doing covert things

9A8B2831-AF11-4EC1-BE9D-4AB19F9DD7AD.jpeg

Reactions: Huskydriver
How durable and tough are Schmidt and bender scopes? Nightforce is legendary when it comes to taking abuse, But I’m wondering how does Schmidt compare? Are Schmidt’s tough? How do they compare in durability and toughness compared to other top scope brands?
If you haven't already made up your mind after all this time, I would get a Schmidt.
Night force has very good glass but I think most would agree that Schmidt has better.
Night force are very tough but all the night force scopes I've looked through had what I consider to be very tight, annoying eye boxes.

Not that it really means anything since military contracts are complicated, typically pretty long term and overall cost is a major factor.
But I know for a "fact" that ZCO's have been recently acquired by our military. :censored:

Yes I know that, but I have yet to see them Perhaps it's because I'm not a bad guy.

If you look at any Military Sniper Competition you see almost nothing but S&Bs on the rifles.

Canada & U.S. Airforce (yeah I know, they can just cancel a B52 flightor two and keep the money for any scope they want) were the last ones I know that purchased S&B 3-20x50 PMIIs.

I have the Canadian 3-20x50 PMII here, -46C version. I can see why they chose it.

I have evaluated both the ZC527 and the ZC420. The latter didn't impress as much.

Custom Canadian Army C17 Coyote tan on the one below, new Aimpoint Acro P-2 on top.

Attachments

• 2021-09-13 18.15.23.jpg
    2021-09-13 18.15.23.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Here’s one for ya if having the smallest is your goal in life

Friends don't recommend EOTechs, or Leupolds.

The German Army fairly recently came out with an RFQ asking for a <30 m riflescope for their DMR.
I think only two scopes would survive that, and the rest of the demands - like -46C and submersible etc. - I think the EOTech would be long gone.

Attachments

• 2021-09-08 23.49.03.jpg
    2021-09-08 23.49.03.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Haha
Reactions: deersniper
Have you actually looked at many rifles from mil sniper competitions?

All the time. Steiners have increased in popularity, mainly due to Sako/Beretta contracts I think plus the German G22A2.

Still not a single ZCO.

A few examples:

All the time. Steiners have increased in popularity, mainly due to Sako/Beretta contracts I think plus the German G22A2.

Still not a single ZCO.

A few examples:

lol Europe ?

look at the us sniper competitions and get back to me

lol Europe ?

look at the us sniper competitions and get back to me

It's been so long since the Americans won any sniper competitions in Europe or Internationally ;)

And you must have missed the US links up there.

well i own neither , but if your paying for the scope I will beat nails in boards with them if that is what you want on the other hand you could buy them and do that test your self with your own money I have cheap scopes that I've had for well over 25 years and they mostly work thanks in part to my not beating the hell out of my stuff I also have not so cheap scopes I expect no less from them to last well into the future with the exception of a freak civil war or natural disaster of which I have no control over . I don't really see much of a difference between the two quality wise every company makes a turn now and again but other wise they are both nice scopes the only big differences are in personal opinion . Chinese glass or German who cares as long as it worked as you need it to when you need it .

I have both Nightforce and S&B. I plan to buy an ATACR down the road to try out. So while I like Nightforce, I like my S&B better in regards to image. Whatever coating they use on the lens of my NXS just doesn't suit my fancy. My NXS did stop elevating for some reason. When I contacted Nightforce CS they instructed me to reset my zero stop. Seems to be working again.

I also do not abuse my stuff and try to take care of it.

I have both Nightforce and S&B. I plan to buy an ATACR down the road to try out. So while I like Nightforce, I like my S&B better in regards to image. Whatever coating they use on the lens of my NXS just doesn't suit my fancy. My NXS did stop elevating for some reason. When I contacted Nightforce CS they instructed me to reset my zero stop. Seems to be working again.

I also do not abuse my stuff and try to take care of it.
When it comes to NF the NXS and the ATACR are not in the same league

The NXS I had was on par (actually slightly worse) then my Sightron SIII 6-24. I sold the NF and left the Sightron on the rifle

I would guess the NF ATACR vs NXS would be similar in comparison to a Vortex PST vs Razor or Burris XTRIII vs XTRIII

Reactions: stefan73
When it comes to NF the NXS and the ATACR are not in the same league

The NXS I had was on par (actually slightly worse) then my Sightron SIII 6-24. I sold the NF and left the Sightron on the rifle

I would guess the NF ATACR vs NXS would be similar in comparison to a Vortex PST vs Razor or Burris XTRIII vs XTRIII
Dang! That is good to hear. Whenever I can clear up some funds I want to get a DT HTI and put an ATACR on there.