• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

School me on CZ's.

shooterman_zero17

WTB: The OG Shoutbox
Minuteman
  • Aug 16, 2007
    The Dirty South
    I've searched this forum and others for as much CZ knowledge as I can handle. The Manners CZ stock group buy had my attention and I started looking around, but let's get it all in one condensed place/thread.

For my birthday (late May), I want to start piecing together a CZ trainer that mimics my .308. I have seen the pictures, threads, etc praising the 452 American, and frankly, before a week ago I knew nothing about these rifles. I'm aiming to get in on the Manners buy, and want to know what the best way to go about doing a CZ 452/453/455/whatever trainer is.

The 452 American sounds like my best bet, having a factory threaded barrel (even though its 1/2"x10(?), and if memory serves there are adapters available). But I have no problem sending off a 455 off for threading. (I'd prefer a threaded muzzle as a .22 can is in my future.)

Thus, I consult the knowledge of the 'Hide.

Throw me links, throw me personal experience, ideas, individuals/companies that provide products. School me on building a CZ trainer.

Re: School me on CZ's.

Quite a few years back, I purchased a CZ 452 Varmint instead of the American (same stock, heavier barrel). I really haven't done anything with it, other than to practice a bit, and with my Shepherd scope I can pretty reliably hit a 9-inch target out to about 400 yards (if the wind isn't kicking up).

Though the trigger is adjustable, I just place my thumb directly behind the trigger, outside of the guard, and squeeze thumb and trigger finger together. This means that I'm not gripping the stock with my trigger hand, but...

All of this to say that I think the Varmint may be the better bet (and I just noted that the "standard" American is no longer available, having been replaced by the 455 American).

-- Nighteyes
    cool.gif

The potential of having an accurate build isn't the least of my worries going by what yours is capable of and from what I've seen around.

Barrel-Crown.jpg

According to this image, and looking at the CZ website, there are no threads on the 455 American either.

I see Hooper Ord has a bottom metal forthcoming and a GB going for it, and can do oversized bolt knobs. But what about Scope Mounts?

I have the 452 varmint and really like it alot. At 50 yards with cheap ammo I can cover all my shots with a dime. Am going to pick up some Wolf Match and see if I can shrink my groups. Very well made and worth every penny I paid for it.

Looking at the DIP website, I see there are some aftermarket options to be had with the triggers. And not just there but with plenty of other manufacturers.

How decent is the adjustable factory unit on the 452 Varmint? Should I be concerned with needing to find an aftermarket unit right off the bat, or does the factory deal suffice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterman017</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking at the DIP website, I see there are some aftermarket options to be had with the triggers. And not just there but with plenty of other manufacturers.

How decent is the adjustable factory unit on the 452 Varmint? Should I be concerned with needing to find an aftermarket unit right off the bat, or does the factory deal suffice? </div></div>

the 452 varmint does not have adjustable trigger (only by changeing springs.....yo dave trigger kit)

the 453 varmint has the adjustable trigger and it' a set trigger.

Ron

Sorry for the delay -- many conflicting priorities here.

For me, the 452 Varmint's recessed target crown (on the muzzle)is a better deal than the flat crown on the 455. Why? Because of the additional protection the recessed crown provides.

Scope mounts are easy -- the 452 family (including the Varmint) comes with dovetail grooves for mounting scope rings. CZ offers appropriate scope rings, as does Brownells. My Shepherd Scope is mounted to my 452 Varmint with CZ rings, and the marriage is absolutely boss.

I learned quite a bit about my CZ on Rimfirecentral.com. These guns are amazing with a Yo Dave trigger kit and Wolf MT.

Hardmix

453 varmint owner hear. I am extremely happy and enjoy shooting it as much if not more than any thing els