• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scope base suggestions???? weatherby vanguard.

Nathaniel4545

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
Aurora,co
I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 300wsm (short action). I just recently changed out my scope to my bushnell ers 3.5-21x50. when I placed the scope on the base I already have ( weaver 2 piece) I notice that even bore sighting the rifle my elevation turret maxes out. I have been looking for a 20 moa base. or maybe its the rings i need to swap... right now i have a set of the nf 34 mm high rings on the scope which actually sit a smidge high but is not all that bad. I am curious if I should go for the weaker link in the setup the base if so which base would be a good choice for under $100 because I believe that is the max I will be able to spend before hunting this october. Does the vanguard sa use the same base as a remington sa?

EGW one piece 20MOA base.
I'd spend the extra and get the HD version if they make one.

Yes, same as a 700 SA. Anything made for one will fit the other.

I don't believe this is true.
IIRC, you can use the remington two piece bases, but not the one piece bases.

I could be wrong, if it were me, I would just order the EGW base, as you can easily bed it if required.

I don't believe this is true.
IIRC, you can use the remington two piece bases, but not the one piece bases.

I could be wrong, if it were me, I would just order the EGW base, as you can easily bed it if required.

just found out the hard way today that you are correct. the holes on the base align perfectly with the model 700 sa that being said the problem was the distance of the action was shorter distance to the holes hence the base is too short. I am going to be looking for the egw base online. thanks for all the help!

I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 300wsm (short action). I just recently changed out my scope to my bushnell ers 3.5-21x50. when I placed the scope on the base I already have ( weaver 2 piece) I notice that even bore sighting the rifle my elevation turret maxes out. I have been looking for a 20 moa base. or maybe its the rings i need to swap... right now i have a set of the nf 34 mm high rings on the scope which actually sit a smidge high but is not all that bad. I am curious if I should go for the weaker link in the setup the base if so which base would be a good choice for under $100 because I believe that is the max I will be able to spend before hunting this october. Does the vanguard sa use the same base as a remington sa?

Talley make a picatinny base for the vanguard/howa 1500.

Talley Picatinny Rails - 1913 Mil Spec Picatinny Rails