• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for FN SPR...

Ok, tries to find a place with a XTR3 this weekend and couldn't. Have a specific question about it-
Is the XTR 3 reticle useable down at 4x? I have been told it's to fine to see. I dont mean usable for milling and stuff, but useable as in I can locate the center and fling a shot at a buck passing thru at 100 yards.

Ok, tries to find a place with a XTR3 this weekend and couldn't. Have a specific question about it-
Is the XTR 3 reticle useable down at 4x? I have been told it's to fine to see. I dont mean usable for milling and stuff, but useable as in I can locate the center and fling a shot at a buck passing thru at 100 yards.
illumination is your friend when the reticle isn't specifically designed for the purpose at low magnification.
Certain reticles work very well at low mag without illumination, such as the G2B, MP8 and the donut of death on the Bushy offerings.

Reactions: moosemeat
Yes, it works just fine as a crosshair. The grid is too fine for use at that magnification, but of course you have no use for the grid at that point.

I've shot tons of little 6" tall whistle pigs at 4x and 5x.

Welp the XRS shit the bed. Started randomly throwing shots all over. I checked everything and all was right. Slapped my sightron back on and back to normal. Sent it to Bushnell and they said its toast. They are going to replace it which is cool, unfortunately its sound like it will be in mid 2023.
Should have just got a XTR3.

Welp the XRS shit the bed. Started randomly throwing shots all over. I checked everything and all was right. Slapped my sightron back on and back to normal. Sent it to Bushnell and they said its toast. They are going to replace it which is cool, unfortunately its sound like it will be in mid 2023.
Should have just got a XTR3.
That sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Why so long of a wait?
At that price range you are at look at Riton x7. Made in Japan, very nice for the $. Been selling them for about 2 years now and have nothing but 100% feedback on them. They are on the heavy side, but great glass for the $.
I have and use both. PM me if you want one.

I appreciate it, but unfortunately I already spent my scope money on this scope. Worked very well for 2 matches then groups just went to shit. Rifle hammers with the Sightron on it and Bushnell said the XRS is toast. Just got to wait it out now.
The gentleman I spoke to said they just dont have any, which is weird that they show them in stock on their website, and they are waiting for the next shipment. My guess would be warrenty allotment has been used and sale allotment are not to be used for warrenty. But customers who are going to miss multiple matches and be unhappy are not good for advertising either. Supposedly they are going to run it by the manager.
Should have went Vortex or Burris.

• Sad
Reactions: Birddog6424
That's a very bad sign. Manufacturers usually have an allotment for scope replacement. It doesn't bode well that they have nothing available for customer service to replace your scope.

Reactions: lil'skeet
Bushnell got back with me and said they are sending a G2 XRS out for me. Hopefully it's what it is. The model number they gave me is et4305 doesnt come up as a XRS. Guess I'll find out Wednesday.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Bushnell got back with me and said they are sending a G2 XRS out for me. Hopefully it's what it is. The model number they gave me is et4305 doesnt come up as a XRS. Guess I'll find out Wednesday.
Sounds like they missed a number, ET46305 is the XRS2.

That's kind of what I thought. Et4305 is the elite tac 4.5x30. All in all, if i get anything xrs i will be happy. I dont expect a upgrade to the latest and greatest, just a functioning optic of equal quality to what I bought.

I wouldn't worry too much yet... Everyone is having supply chain issues. For warranty replacements this.year, I've had to wait 3 months for a mount, and am just past 1 month waiting for a scope (not Bushnell).

I wouldn't worry too much yet... Everyone is having supply chain issues. For warranty replacements this.year, I've had to wait 3 months for a mount, and am just past 1 month waiting for a scope (not Bushnell).
It's definitely a crazy market right now.

Welp, scope for here today. It is not a XRS g2 but a G1. I'm fine with that. It also has some minor scuffs and the zero stop was set so not new, but I'm ok with that as well. I told them I would take a demo. I think I am going to like the H59 reticle.
Bushnell CS gets a C for a grade from me. First person I talked to "didnt know nothing about scopes man". Second person said it would be a year. Then said they had a XRS g2 H59 that would ship out that day. Called 4 days later and was told it would ship out the next tuesday. Emailed tuesday to ask about tracking. Ni response. Nothing thursday when I sent another email. Called yesterday and was told she was on vacation and new she would not be there tuesday to ship. But the last guy I talked to got it located and shipped. I live 50 miles from their shop so got it today.
I really do like the scope tho.

Did you send in a G1?

If so, that sounds fairly reasonable for replacing a discontinued model.

Yes I did. Also lifetime warrenty. I'm not upset about the replacement scope at all. Just the run around and straight up dishonesty on shipping the replacement. Total time from sending in the old one to recieving the replacement was 5 weeks. 3 weeks after they said they where shipping a replacement I got a replacement.

Mark 4 on mine

Attachments

• DBE5D036-F735-46B2-91C8-96E8FE50879D.jpeg
    DBE5D036-F735-46B2-91C8-96E8FE50879D.jpeg
    832.6 KB · Views: 36
Well 6 months latter and the replacement scope has stopped adjusting on elevation. Will dial up but POI does not change. When dialing down it stops at the bottom like it's adjusting but it also doesn't change POI. At 1 point it acted like it only had 3 mils of adjustment before locking up. So contacting Bushnell Monday. Hopefully I don't have to wait until 2024 for a replacement.
I have the worst luck with scopes lately.

Man that sucks. I almost jumped on an xrs just for more magnification. I’ll stick with my DMRii that has been working well on my spr a1.
Maybe if I upgrade I’ll look into the Burris xtriii.

A Mark 5 3-18 would be perfect on top of the SPR a1 but also looking at 3-4 times the price. That’s were I think the Burris xtriii comes in at.

Got a new XRS 3 EQL today. Already got it mounted up and bore sighted. I'll get it zeroed this weekend and see how it works out.
Overall this time CS was 110%. All emails responded to and not a bad experience at all. I'll give this scope a try.

Reactions: Mooseknuckles
Got a new XRS 3 EQL today. Already got it mounted up and bore sighted. I'll get it zeroed this weekend and see how it works out.
Overall this time CS was 110%. All emails responded to and not a bad experience at all. I'll give this scope a try.
Hope it works out for you this time. Most all my Bushnell stuff has been rock solid.

I hope so too. After 2 xrs gen 1s died I'm starting to wonder about my set up, but everything checks out. I may get a MBrace just for shits and giggles.