• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope: Hunting 200 Yards and in.

I'm very much considering this for my hunting build. What dot is that please?
That is a Halosun 407c on a mount I had to make. Could not find anything quite low enough to work well with the stock.

One point to consider. This is an open emitter sight and you will have to be very careful hunting in the rain or in wet brush.

Very good and thanks. I may just slap my Sig Romeo without the riser on it and see how she goes.....with my -8.5 goggle glasses shooting magnified optics is such a pain in my ass. I have short range readers, mid range/computer work and then distance. Would be so great to just wear my primo distance and use a 2moa dot. Also looking at the SWFA 1-4 with massive eye relief which could be decent.....would love to get my hands on one to look through first though.

Reactions: JBoomhauer
My personal favorite in the $1000 price range is the Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56. Glass is crisp and the turrets track as true as optics costing double. If you are dead set on more magnification, the Falcon X50 or a Nightforce BR will get the job done as well.

I started using a Henry X-Model 30-30 a few years ago with a Leica Amplus 6 3-18 on it. My woods are pretty thick and it gets dark early so low light performance is my main concern. I swapped the Leica for a Swaro Z6 2.5-15x56. The deer don't care what it looks like, and neither do I.
Did you like the amplus 3-18 ?