• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope mount for Vortex PST 4-16x50

KingKopi22

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2014
Need help on picking the right scope mount for a Vortex PST 4-16x50 scope on my Mega Maten MKM LR308 build.

The MKM set is similar to the monolithic upper once the handguard is installed (if that helps).

I am looking for a good all around mount and can pay upto or around $150.

I also noticed they come in different height sizes (low, med, high), which one is recommend for the AR platform with magpul PRS stock?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just bought the vortex single piece mount with a 2in off set, for a 6x24x50.

Rock solid and I think a bargain at $90.

I just bought the vortex single piece mount with a 2in off set, for a 6x24x50.

Rock solid and I think a bargain at $90.

Thanks for the recommendation. Most searches I do lead me to the Larue mount, a little more then I want to spend but it has a lot of good reviews.

I have used the Burris PEPR non QD mount on several of my AR's as well as several LaRue and ADM. I have no complaints with the PEPR mount and they have served me well and can be had well under $100 and are well worth it if you do not need the QD feature. In a QD mount I prefer ADM over LaRue. I have been using the Burris PEPR mount on both of my VV FFP PST 4-16X50 scopes for over 2 years. They have a large area of contact with the rails similar to the ADM mount and do not mar your rails as LaRue mounts often do.

Last edited:
I'm currently using a American Defence Mount (ADM) 30mm AD-RECON and I've had very good results with it. I don't have the first hand experience to compare it to a larue or some of the other high-end single piece mounts, but with what' I've put my rifle through, it's held up remarkably! I haven't had a problem with repeatability and has proven to be a very well made piece of equipment.

I'm currently using a American Defence Mount (ADM) 30mm AD-RECON and I've had very good results with it. I don't have the first hand experience to compare it to a larue or some of the other high-end single piece mounts, but with what' I've put my rifle through, it's held up remarkably! I haven't had a problem with repeatability and has proven to be a very well made piece of equipment.

I've been doing alot of searches online in the last few days and found a lot of positive reviews for both the Larue and ADM, some of them included owners of both mounts. The only negative I found on the Larue is that it scuffs up your upper which it doesn't really bother me and the 2nd is the higher price then ADM.

I just need to know which mount to get from either Larue and ADM that sits lowest with 50mm on AR platform

The ADM AD-Recon fits a 50mm scope on an AR perfectly. Depending on the size of your rear back up sight, the scope may or may not contact it. I was using a KAC micro rear sight and had zero issues with clearance. The Larue LT-104 will also work and it will sit a little higher.

AD-Recon - 1.470" to center of scope
LT-104 - 1.500" to center of scope

I went with the AD-Recon because it had great reviews and was one of the lowest mounts I could find that would work for 50mm.
I hope this helps.

The ADM AD-Recon fits a 50mm scope on an AR perfectly. Depending on the size of your rear back up sight, the scope may or may not contact it. I was using a KAC micro rear sight and had zero issues with clearance. The Larue LT-104 will also work and it will sit a little higher.

AD-Recon - 1.470" to center of scope
LT-104 - 1.500" to center of scope

I went with the AD-Recon because it had great reviews and was one of the lowest mounts I could find that would work for 50mm.
I hope this helps.

Thank you. I also received a email from ADM this morning recommending the same mount. I checked google images and it looks like I might have enough clearance for BUIS. I wasn't planning on putting BUIS on this rifle but since I'm putting a QD mount, I might as well have it.

BUIS systems are nice to have, but for most of the people out there shooting, I don't think they'll ever be put in a situation that requires them. You could take the extra money you would be spending on a BUIS set and get an even better optic that will be even more reliable and reduce the chance of having to employ a set of back up irons.

BUIS systems are nice to have, but for most of the people out there shooting, I don't think they'll ever be put in a situation that requires them. You could take the extra money you would be spending on a BUIS set and get an even better optic that will be even more reliable and reduce the chance of having to employ a set of back up irons.

You're right, but I have a extra set laying around, might as well put some use to it. I have BUIS on my other 2 AR's both with aimpoint and I usually do half my shooting with iron sights and other half with the red dot. I enjoy iron sight, it feels more rewarding when you hear the steel ring at couple of hundred rounds.

With the LR308 build I'll probably do mid range shooting with the scope most of them time and if for some reason the Vortex scope goes out, iron sights will be a good alternative vs a wasted trip trip to the range.