• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Problem

Anti-Materiel

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2011
USA
So I just picked up a new scope & leveled it up & the reticle looks like it's canted to the left! I really don't wanna go through the hassle of returning it since it was a royal pain in the ass to get in the first place. Is there anything I can do?

Re: Scope Problem

Double check to make surenthe rifle was level also.when you leveled the scope. Then send it in. Or maybe your eyeball is crooked!

Nah, my eyeball is straight as an arrow. I triple checked it myself & then took it in to my local gun store to confirm & they said is was crooked as hell. Optics Planet is being a bitch about taking it back so I contacted the manufacturer & they're gonna take care of me.

If the retciel wasn't level with the scope it's probably not level with the erector mechanism either. What kind of scope is it?

It's an Osprey 4-16X50mm. I have another one & my dad also has one & they're great. I guess I just got a lemon.