• Having trouble logging into HideTV?

We’ve made updates to HideTV recently and because of this update, you’ll need to login to HideTV again. Check out the thread below for more info or login to HideTV!

VIEW THREAD LOGIN TO HIDETV

Rifle Scopes Scope Problem

Anti-Materiel

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2011
USA
So I just picked up a new scope & leveled it up & the reticle looks like it's canted to the left! I really don't wanna go through the hassle of returning it since it was a royal pain in the ass to get in the first place. Is there anything I can do?

KeithR41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 20, 2009
    Oregon
    Re: Scope Problem

Double check to make surenthe rifle was level also.when you leveled the scope. Then send it in. Or maybe your eyeball is crooked!

Anti-Materiel

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2011
    USA

Nah, my eyeball is straight as an arrow. I triple checked it myself & then took it in to my local gun store to confirm & they said is was crooked as hell. Optics Planet is being a bitch about taking it back so I contacted the manufacturer & they're gonna take care of me.

Graham

Generalissimo
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2007
    Michigan

If the retciel wasn't level with the scope it's probably not level with the erector mechanism either. What kind of scope is it?

Anti-Materiel

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2011
    USA

It's an Osprey 4-16X50mm. I have another one & my dad also has one & they're great. I guess I just got a lemon.