• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope suggestions for CZ452 American--small game

BW88

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
What do you suggest. Top priority: must be durable, long lasting design. I'm going to use it for small game and some target shooting. Most of the shooting will be inside 75 yards. I will occasionally shoot paper out to 150 or so. It needs to be rimfire paralax set at 50 yards, or adjustable objective.

I'm interested in a variable 2-7 or 3-9, but, if bomb proof durability is at issue, I'd settle for a fixed 4 power if it will be more durable than a variable, in my price range.

I'd like to spend less than $300, but I'll be flexible if something more expensive meets the criteria.

Leupold? Nikon? Vortex?

Re: Scope suggestions for CZ452 American--small game

Oh, and I'd like it to have a smaller diameter objective so I can mount it as low as possible on the rifle. 40 mm objective or smaller.

Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40, Adjustable Objective that goes down to 10 meters, ballistic reticle, and durable enough for spring-ram airguns. $299 from just about any vendor.

If you're looking for a fixed power scope, I recommend the SWFA SS 6x42mm Tactical Riflescope http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-6x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P53711.aspx

Sam
smile.gif

FWIW, I'm going to switch out the 4-16 Weaver I currently have on my cz452 with the Nikon P22 2-7x32 BDC 150. It has a 50 yd parallax setting and the bdc fits my needs for shooting out to 150-200. It's promoted as an AR-22 type optic, but I see no reason why it shouldn't be just as useful on a bolt.

Based on my past experiences with Nikons and plenty of shining reviews on the web, I think this optic looks to be a solid choice for around $150.

Thanks gents, I'll check those out.

What kind of mounts/rings are you running on your 452 American? And what height rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCCCanuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver 2.5-7 and 3-9

http://swfa.com/Weaver-Classic-Rimfire-Scopes-C232.aspx

2.5-7 has parallax set to 50 yds, 3-9 is AO

Had a rifle with a 2.5-7 and took my fair share of squirrels with it, great scope for the money. </div></div>

I am deciding from those two as well. but I probably end up getting 3-9 AO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCCCanuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver 2.5-7 and 3-9

http://swfa.com/Weaver-Classic-Rimfire-Scopes-C232.aspx

2.5-7 has parallax set to 50 yds, 3-9 is AO

Had a rifle with a 2.5-7 and took my fair share of squirrels with it, great scope for the money. </div></div>

This - 2.5-7 power Weaver. Small objective and light weight. Lifetime warranty. I have five different Weavers for approx 10 years and no problems what so ever. Japanese made and worth the asking price. Check them out.
DSC00258.jpg

Talley medium are what you want for 'best bombproof'.Short of drill / tap.

"Chard" what type of scope rings are those?

No reason to go small on the objective in order to lower the scope. The bolt throw on the CZ 452/455 prevents you from really low mounting, unless you have a scope with an abnormally small/thin occular bell.

Weight/handling, however, is another matter.

So, medium or higher rings are required to clear the occular?

How does the glass in the Weaver 2-7 compare to Leupold glass in a 2-7?