• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Screamin' deal on Howa 6 Creedmoor hunter barreled action

I don't need an action for a build. What I want is a light, handy, discreet rifle that doesn't scream tactical.

While this thing seems like a steal at $250 you still need a stock which will set you back at least another $250 $300 for anything not a piece of shit.

Meanwhile Mauser M18s are going for $399........

I don't need an action for a build. What I want is a light, handy, discreet rifle that doesn't scream tactical.

While this thing seems like a steal at $250 you still need a stock which will set you back at least another $250 $300 for anything not a piece of shit.

Meanwhile Mauser M18s are going for $399........
I'm actually in the market for just an action for a build. Can't find them that cheap anywhere, and I'm a fan of the howa. Not familiar with the m18's. What footprint are they? Or is it just the m18? Never see stocks for them on the usual places.

I'm actually in the market for just an action for a build. Can't find them that cheap anywhere, and I'm a fan of the howa. Not familiar with the m18's. What footprint are they? Or is it just the m18? Never see stocks for them on the usual places.
For a donor action, great deal. For a basic hunting rifle, not so much since you need a stock as well.

The Mauser is its own footprint. It will never be more than what it is.

For a donor action, great deal. For a basic hunting rifle, not so much since you need a stock as well.

The Mauser is its own footprint. It will never be more than what it is.

I kinda disagree cause you can add a Boyds for a hunting rifle and its far better than the plastic stock and you are at about the same price.

But, yeah, it takes another 300 or more for a good stock.

Its nice to be able to buy the gun without paying for a junk stock if your wanting to off it anyways. OP was right, screaming deal.

Reactions: spife7980
I ended up getting a 22” and a 26”, one is already at my FFL, but I’ll pick them both up at the same time when the other one shows up.

For the guys that already have the 22”, what’s the OD measure out to on the end of the barrel? Enough meat there to get one threaded?

I ended up getting a 22” and a 26”, one is already at my FFL, but I’ll pick them both up at the same time when the other one shows up.

For the guys that already have the 22”, what’s the OD measure out to on the end of the barrel? Enough meat there to get one threaded?
Not for my tastes, typical cheap sporter barrel. I’ll throw the calipers on it when I get back inside from the range targets. I put in an order with mcgowens 10% Labor Day sale for a howage to correct that.

edit:
96EA7E6A-62EC-4D03-B601-87923592DE19.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: CK1.0
I'm hoping there's enough for a 1/2x28 thread. The dead air key mo brakes have a 30 cal hole on the 1/2x28 threaded ones so it would be prefect for my can if it works out. If not, its a hunting rig anyway, so no worries.

They’re back on sale for $299 just in case anyone wants another

This is a mini action Howa, but Brownells has the same pistol chassis on sale for $289 for the short action. I am gonna see how light I can get this Mini, for my hunting style, a super lightweight rifle with short forend is just fine.

Attachments

• 20200913_085014.jpg
    20200913_085014.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: SDBguy95
Not for my tastes, typical cheap sporter barrel. I’ll throw the calipers on it when I get back inside from the range targets. I put in an order with mcgowens 10% Labor Day sale for a howage to correct that.

edit:
View attachment 7422082

FYI in case anyone is wondering about the 26" Howa Semi-Heavy barrel profile: mine showed up and it only measures out at .650" at the muzzle...

I guess I'm "semi-annoyed" about Howa calling it "semi-heavy" hahaha!

I paid an extra $150 over the 22" sporter for just 4" more barrel and it being threaded wonky in 1/2-28... Which leaves my choice for a muzzle brake as a choice of one, APA's Micro Bastard, as far as I can find, don't think there's really enough meat on there to hold up a can... I'll be grabbing a How-age too down the road.

If anyone knows of any other brakes that'll work for 6CM and can be had in 1/2-28 please let me know..?

I've always preferred keeping my ability to hear more than using a brake anyways, so maybe it's a sign lol!

FYI in case anyone is wondering about the 26" Howa Semi-Heavy barrel profile: mine showed up and it only measures out at .650" at the muzzle...

I guess I'm "semi-annoyed" about Howa calling it "semi-heavy" hahaha!

I paid an extra $150 over the 22" sporter for just 4" more barrel and it being threaded wonky in 1/2-28... Which leaves my choice for a muzzle brake as a choice of one, APA's Micro Bastard, as far as I can find, don't think there's really enough meat on there to hold up a can... I'll be grabbing a How-age too down the road.

If anyone knows of any other brakes that'll work for 6CM and can be had in 1/2-28 please let me know..?

I've always preferred keeping my ability to hear more than using a brake anyways, so maybe it's a sign lol!
Area419

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
Dead air DA101 also. Just their normal key-mo 1/2x28 brake. 30 cal hole.

Thanks guys... but found a VG6 Gamma 762 for $40 and a shoulder-less 1/2-28-to-5/8-24 thread adapter for another $10 and came up with this... I know it's not the best, but it should do what I want it to do for a while, and there's a chance I might just end up pulling it off anyways since there's a roof over the rifle benches at the club I belong to, and depending on how it goes: if it's a choice between less recoil/scope movement or holding onto my hearing, I'm going with auditory health lol
;-)

Attachments

• IMG_4946.jpg
    IMG_4946.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4947.jpg
    IMG_4947.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 63
I have a Howa 1500 6mm Creedmoor barreled 22" action for sale. Purchased new from Brownells and decided to go another route. NEW in box, never used. $375 + you pay shipping to your FFL
This goes in the sales forum. Delete and post there. Ban cat may be coming for you...