• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Secureit Rifle Lockers

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2009
    Colorado
    Anyone using secureit products for rifle storage? In the market for a storage cabinet/locker/safe, but not trying to buy a 350lb vault to stick in an apartment. I’m kind of leery about electronic locks, and I don’t really need bank vault type security. More for keeping kids and maintenance guys from having access to my things.
    What are some decent economical options?

Not sure if this is the route you want to go but, I locked my rifles in hard cases (Plano Molding) with padlocks before getting a safe. Throw a bike lock through the handle and around something sturdy. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

Or get one of those locking job boxes for tools. Not a 3k safe by any means but better than nothing. If you put your ammo in there with the guns it weighs it down more so unless it’s a smash and grab team, a single guy is going to have a hard time getting that out himself.

I’ve been looking at these because of the smaller foot print and easier access to the rifles I use the most. I’ve got a sub $1000 Liberty RSC currently, which most agree just keeps honest people out of it. Thinking of getting a secure it for the ones that I’m always handling. The only reviews I’ve seen are on YouTube so half of those are probably paid reviews. Would like to hear from someone with an honest review

Reactions: breadbag257
    Not sure if this is the route you want to go but, I locked my rifles in hard cases (Plano Molding) with padlocks before getting a safe. Throw a bike lock through the handle and around something sturdy. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.
    I thought about that, currently I have a locked pelican box that is big enough to fit a few pistols and all my bolts and bcg’s in, at least it prevents anyone in the apartment from being able to fire anything, but I think having 3-4 double cases might end up running me more than some kind of cabinet/locker deal, which is also less likely to walk out the door.

That is a good idea. I'm about to move into a new studio apartment next month and the unit I took a look at has this pillar in the room that I can wrap a bike lock around. I guess the weakest link with this setup would be the handle on the case then. Have to make sure I find a case where the handle isn't easily snapped off.

I’ve got a secureit 6 gun model. It’s meh but kept the wife happy when we had kids. Its ok for what it is... like everything a little over priced. Step up from the metal generic safes you see at tractor supply.

Anyone using secureit products for rifle storage? In the market for a storage cabinet/locker/safe, but not trying to buy a 350lb vault to stick in an apartment. I’m kind of leery about electronic locks, and I don’t really need bank vault type security. More for keeping kids and maintenance guys from having access to my things.
    What are some decent economical options?
    I use a SCOTTLOCK, works great and is portable. xxxxxxxx

That is a good idea. I'm about to move into a new studio apartment next month and the unit I took a look at has this pillar in the room that I can wrap a bike lock around. I guess the weakest link with this setup would be the handle on the case then. Have to make sure I find a case where the handle isn't easily snapped off.

The problem with this is a battery operated reciprocating saw makes short work of even the most sturdy handles on hard cases, fyi

I have 2 SecureIT 6 rifle cases. I like them a lot for my apartment. You will want to bolt them to the floor. They are front heavy. I do agree they are a bit high pricepoint but nice and work well.

I have one of the SecureIT cabinets it must be the 6 gun model and I really like it. It is small and light enough to move easily yet reasonably solid. I bolted it to the floor and to the wall, you could still cut it open but you aren't going to just pick it up and walk out.

What I really like is the racks and bins that let you organize stuff and keep it spaced out nicely. You can get a lot more stuff in there then you would think. My original idea was to get multiple units so if they break in they would have to break open multiple units taking up more time. It would also let you organize by type of gear a little better.

If you are looking for fire protection this is not it. But it does keep things stored neatly and keeps people from playing with stuff which is what I was after.

I agree the organization is great in them. I got them with the plastic and metal bins. Picked up some USB led lights at lowes that have magnets and just attached them to roof and sides.

Reactions: Outlier
    Thanks for the thread, I've been overdue for some RSCs, and now I've got x2 SecureIt Agile 52s en route. I wanted lightweight and modular.
    Only to keep the kids and in laws honest. On top of that, Dogs, Alarms, and close neighbors... Excited to finally have an organized rack under lock.

I have an SecureIt Answer 12. Could've got a cheap fire rated safe for similar money, but I really like the way it's layed out. Lots of customization options and the guns are very accessible. The main focus was keeping curious little fingers off my stuff and it does that just fine.

I have a secureit "military " cabinet. I like it. Overpriced? Yes. But for my specific situation the cabinet works perfectly. The accordion doors are nice, since where my stuff is stored its a wide closet but is not super deep, so the accordion doors were the biggest selling point for me. Is it super secure? Not really. But it is secured to the wall and the floor, and will (hopefully) deter the casual tweaker thief. I also have multiple layers of security and a huge German Shepard as additional layers of protection. TBH I got this mostly to keep my kids (who are on the cusp of becoming teenagers) securely locked out.

Watched their video on the other thread yesterday. Look nice, but then i read here that people dont feel they are that secure.

So do people think they are more secure than a typical RSC? I have a RSC that I am okay with, still have to move it to my new residence. Unfinished basement means it will be tucked away out of sight, plus security system, one mean sounding dog, and the house surrounded by motion lights.

I like the idea of lighter in some ways, but dont plan on moving out of this house anytime soon

I don't know why, but I read the thread title as Secure It Rocket Launchers and was extremely interested.
    1600446538578.png

has anyone here tried a steel cabinet that can be bolted to a wall or floor like a stack on gun cabinet? I don't have the room for a full sized safe / I don't think I could put one in my house any way. I've been looking at the stack on cabinet but I don't know if it would really be anything better than a locking closet.

I have two secturit agile 52 and just bought a agile 40. The 40 is a lot smaller than I expected, but works great stacked on top of the 52's. I like the lay out. Even the big residential safes can easily be cut into. Mine is mainly for keeping the little kid hands off of them.

I have a Model 72 and I love it. It easily holds 12 rifles, and thousands of rounds of ammunition. As others have said, a big safe may seem more "secure" but I have no doubt that the Cabinet I have is just as hard to get into as any of the bigger safes. It also still weighs 300 pounds empty (and I'd guess 500 filled with guns and ammo) so its not like someoen can walk off with it easily.