• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Havak Hit Owners Speak up

TonyG

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2021
Michigan
Looks like the Hit has been out for a little while, so what do you owners feel about it? Good? Bad? Mediocre? Meh? I'm Looking at a couple on Gunbroker. 6m Creedmoor and 6.5 Creed. My intentions are to get one of these plus a spare 308 barrel. I'm even willing to grow my hair out for the man bun. Anybody with range reports, mechanical issues, whatever? What are your hopes, dreams?

I’ve bought Seekins AR parts/lower from
James at @VAALR Precision
He’s gonna be the cheapest and easy to deal with.

Here’s a good thread.

Yeah, I followed that thread from the beginning. I was hoping people who have the rifle could give some updates.

I just looked again at the hit what is really nice is it’s $400 for an extra barrel which really nice as long as they shoot well. I’m also interested in what others think of it.

These are going to be hard to get for awhile but they are great. You really can’t go wrong if you can get your hands on one.

Reactions: lou400a
Wonky work schedule, bad weather, turkey season, auto troubles and injuries have all conspired to me and the HIT away from the range going on two months now. :(

Otherwise, very happy with it.

Just got one from VAALR. Going to have to work the bolt a bunch to see if it'll smooth out, but it definitely binds in a way that my tikka t3x bolt doesn't. Otherwise looks terrific and looking forward to getting it to the range.

Just got one from VAALR. Going to have to work the bolt a bunch to see if it'll smooth out, but it definitely binds in a way that my tikka t3x bolt doesn't. Otherwise looks terrific and looking forward to getting it to the range.
Got one that shot great, had to send it back, just got it back with a new action, hoping to get it out and stretch i out this week!

Reactions: Tacovrd
Got one that shot great, had to send it back, just got it back with a new action, hoping to get it out and stretch i out this week!
Glad that was fairly quick turnaround. Please update if the bolt pull through was fixed.

Sticky action/bolt or different issue?
The Bolt pulled out of the action past the bolt release lever if I ran it aggressively. I haven't shot the new one yet (work has been stupid busy, thanks Biden), but it definitely doesn't have the same issue

Resurrecting this thread. Apparently orders for the Hit are skyrocketing. Why else would Seekins go to dealer only sales? I see Midway, Euoroptic, and several Idaho shops have them on Gunbroker. Are they as good as they seem? Are they having manufacturing problems? Do you still like yours? Would Glen Seekins give us some encouragement?

I had one for a short while. It was a reliable, well thought out turnkey solution rifle. Right folding buttstock and ejection port cover are very nice touches. Overall, great rifle.

Mine made me very happy on Thursday, though it may be mostly the load/luck. I have a 140ELD-M load that's showing a LOT of potential, when I don't screw it up. I think I figured out how I'm screwing it up, something stupid I've been doing with the scope without realizing.
Anyway, I want to hunt with it in November, meaning sit behind it for a few hours, a few days and not likely see anything. lol Anyway I wanted to shoot the Berger 130gr VLD Hunt, but wasn't sure if I'd have time to work up a good load, as my range time will be very limited. But I needed to start somewhere, so I basically took the 140ELD-M load and stuck the Berger 130 in it instead, seated as long as the mag would let me.
5 @ 100 yards went .564"
But two distinct POI like usual (from my screwing up above)
Three were .282"
The other two .040"

So I guess my load development is done if need be? lmao "Minute of deer."

I will say with the Berger's seated out to the point of dragging on the inside of the Magpul mag, it doesn't like to load the first round most of the time... when the 5 round mag is loaded with 5.
4 through 1 feed slick. I have a 10 round mag, I need to see if it does it with that one out of curiosity. I could fiddle with mag height adjustment, but don't think I'll bother. For what I'll be using it for it's not a real issue, everything else feeds well.

Mine made me very happy on Thursday, though it may be mostly the load/luck. I have a 140ELD-M load that's showing a LOT of potential, when I don't screw it up. I think I figured out how I'm screwing it up, something stupid I've been doing with the scope without realizing.
Anyway, I want to hunt with it in November, meaning sit behind it for a few hours, a few days and not likely see anything. lol Anyway I wanted to shoot the Berger 130gr VLD Hunt, but wasn't sure if I'd have time to work up a good load, as my range time will be very limited. But I needed to start somewhere, so I basically took the 140ELD-M load and stuck the Berger 130 in it instead, seated as long as the mag would let me.
5 @ 100 yards went .564"
But two distinct POI like usual (from my screwing up above)
Three were .282"
The other two .040"

So I guess my load development is done if need be? lmao "Minute of deer."

I will say with the Berger's seated out to the point of dragging on the inside of the Magpul mag, it doesn't like to load the first round most of the time... when the 5 round mag is loaded with 5.
4 through 1 feed slick. I have a 10 round mag, I need to see if it does it with that one out of curiosity. I could fiddle with mag height adjustment, but don't think I'll bother. For what I'll be using it for it's not a real issue, everything else feeds well.
Is this too heavy to hunt with? I’m a big guy and don’t mind a heavier rifle. Curious on your thoughts. My current hunting rifle is 11 pounds with the scope. Like the idea of a folding stock. I’ve seen really good reports on this rifle.

Tough question to answer. I “hunted” with it this past November, but that meant just sitting watching two locations, not still hunting or spot and stalk. The first location is literally 40 yards behind the cabin. lol. The second, a 300 to 900 yard walk (Depending on the wind and which side of the field I sat on). So it wasn’t like I was carrying it all over the place.

The scope I had on it is fairly heavy, I weighed it all once but I’m drawing a blank, but I think it was a good 14-16 pounds? (Website lists the rifle alone as 12 pounds) I carried it slung across my chest muzzle down, sometimes with the stock extended, sometimes folded. The whole thing made worse by a too heavy day pack I always bring, and a 6 or 7 pound tripod strapped to that.

Last edited:
Is this too heavy to hunt with? I’m a big guy and don’t mind a heavier rifle. Curious on your thoughts. My current hunting rifle is 11 pounds with the scope. Like the idea of a folding stock. I’ve seen really good reports on this rifle.
I'm not sure the weight, but it's WAY heavier than 11lbs. My carbon barreled, titanium action rifle on a similar chassis with similar scope is almost 12lbs. I'd guestimate 15.5-16lbs for the seekins with scope and bipod. But it's the best rifle for the money I spent in a looong time.