• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle: Seekins Havak HIT

@verdugo60 FYI...

I have 6 boxes of factory Hornady ammo thru the .223 barrel now. 40 vmax at 3495fps... Flawless !!

The heavies ran great as well :) the 18" barrel with can performed very well.

75's ran 2908
88's ran 2784

Such a badass platform. Really digging this rifle.

I'm gonna swap barrels again today and build a load for the 135 Atip in the 6.5PRC barrel now

Any information on torque setting, if any noted, on the barrel swap T15?

I see this from another feedback/reviewer.
There is no requirement of torque, a simple screwdriver does the job. Loosen a single screw and the barrel threads on or off by hand. Which is so insane to contemplate from a world of previous rifles it’s hard to fathom.

Last edited:
Understood. Anyone throwing thread locker on? ;) Joking on locker but for what it is worth, I pulled the chassis to adjust the trigger and the action screws came out with little maybe 10 inch lbs of effort. Called Seekins weeks back to confirm all torque settings and they confirmed 55inch for action and 10inch for the trigger pack. For real, the amount of "omph" needed for the action screws were less than a hand tight scope ring.

Reactions: bodywerks
@verdugo60 FYI...

I have 6 boxes of factory Hornady ammo thru the .223 barrel now. 40 vmax at 3495fps... Flawless !!

The heavies ran great as well :) the 18" barrel with can performed very well.

75's ran 2908
88's ran 2784

Such a badass platform. Really digging this rifle.

I'm gonna swap barrels again today and build a load for the 135 Atip in the 6.5PRC barrel now
Man, an 18” 223 barrel would be awesome for this gun - will definitely be getting one for mine in the future! I’ve got plenty of Federal GMM 77gr waiting…
Only 75 rounds through it so far. Shooting Mainly Hornady 108 match & 103 precision hunter. Velocity of 108s with a can is 2925 and I’m sure will increase as break-in continues. Chassis is excellent, action is getting better. Adjusted trigger down to 1.5 lbs which is really nice now. The bolt lift cocking is really stiff Imo. Don’t know if that ever gets better? I think i‘m a little spoiled from my other comp rifle that I’m used to. Out of the box my rifle weight over 12 lbs. Seekins 1.26 rings worked well for me and would not go any lower.

I had my to wrench set to 35in/lb when loosening my action screws and they loosened without clicking the wrench.
I recommend double checking the action screws.

Man, an 18” 223 barrel would be awesome for this gun - will definitely be getting one for mine in the future! I’ve got plenty of Federal GMM 77gr waiting…
Only 75 rounds through it so far. Shooting Mainly Hornady 108 match & 103 precision hunter. Velocity of 108s with a can is 2925 and I’m sure will increase as break-in continues. Chassis is excellent, action is getting better. Adjusted trigger down to 1.5 lbs which is really nice now. The bolt lift cocking is really stiff Imo. Don’t know if that ever gets better? I think i‘m a little spoiled from my other comp rifle that I’m used to. Out of the box my rifle weight over 12 lbs. Seekins 1.26 rings worked well for me and would not go any lower.
I installed nightforce 1.125 and they are working pretty well. But I do think the 1.26 would be perfect.

I had my to wrench set to 35in/lb when loosening my action screws and they loosened without clicking the wrench.
I did as they said and went through every screw and cleaned machining residue etc etc.

I installed nightforce 1.125 and they are working pretty well. But I do think the 1.26 would be perfect.
I have tried some, all 20moa cant, one piece mounts. 1.125 I think is the absolute lowest I would go. That riser has tons of travel. I have a 1.5 on now. Extremely comfortable with 3 more clicks of travel left.

I had similar experience when I removed the barreled action. Screws were not close to 55 in/lbs. definitely worth checking on a new rifle.

Nice write up @ outdoor life! thanks for posting that Sendero-Man.I have been on the fence looking for a new rifle and seekins hit is top of my list.I am going to wait and hopefully get lucky when the pro version comes out as it has awesome features added we all purchase later at a reduced cost. I think this company has done an outstanding job engineering the package .I read some were that this rifle was not meant to be changing barrels but I see there are people doing it in defferent cal. Can some one with knowledge or who owns a hit pm me how it works for them. I was impressed with the Benelli Lupo that wood stock was awesome! Trouble now days is there availability to purchase .Last I looked at gun stealer there was a hit for sale but they wanted big$ around 2200.00 plus shipping Euro optic had them 2000.00 a while back. The wait has been going on a while got my fingers crossed.

Nice write up @ outdoor life! thanks for posting that Sendero-Man.I have been on the fence looking for a new rifle and seekins hit is top of my list.I am going to wait and hopefully get lucky when the pro version comes out as it has awesome features added we all purchase later at a reduced cost. I think this company has done an outstanding job engineering the package .I read some were that this rifle was not meant to be changing barrels but I see there are people doing it in defferent cal. Can some one with knowledge or who owns a hit pm me how it works for them. I was impressed with the Benelli Lupo that wood stock was awesome! Trouble now days is there availability to purchase .Last I looked at gun stealer there was a hit for sale but they wanted big$ around 2200.00 plus shipping Euro optic had them 2000.00 a while back. The wait has been going on a while got my fingers crossed.
Buy this one:

We are making production parts right now so we will have 223’s available shortly. We are very focused on current orders at the molment.

Very excited. Did I mention I'm excited? Have my HIT on order from Euro Optic right now.

Second in accuracy only to a $5k 20lb AI rifle chambered in 6.5 creed vs a 14lb HIT chambered in 6.5prc. That is DAMN impressive.

We are making production parts right now so we will have 223’s available shortly. We are very focused on current orders at the molment.

Well, this rifle system just got that much more interesting.

Yes, exciting things seem to be happening quickly with this one. Ordered my PRO in 6GT...looking forward to a few more barrels, a 223 and magnum bolt and a night vision bridge! #C-clamp for life.

It's ready for some 185's & 175's but weather/clean up/spring is getting in the way.

Reactions: verdugo60
What is the accuracy that Seekins has stated? I checked the internet and can't find it anywhere. I would like to know if anybody has this information. I ordered one in 6GT and will be running the Hornady ammo from GAP. Thank.

We don’t do the blanket accuracy guarantee because it’s just words. Instead, we offer you a guarantee that’s way better. If your not happy then neither are we. Usually our rifles shoot well under 3/4 moa, and most are well under half moa.

The reason we do this is some guys shoot from a tailgate standing on one leg with no eyes open while others test properly. Some use the cheapest ammo that goes bang and some use custom hand loads. To group these together and blankety say “moa guarantee is x” isn’t fair to our customers or us so… you want an accuracy guarantee… we take many measures to guarantee our quality so you don’t have to worry about accuracy. It’s built in and very much guaranteed

Picked up one in 6.5cm (the only caliber I could find in stock) about a month ago. It shot lights out the first 200 or so rounds. +/- 1/2 MOA with Hornady ELDMs. It shot the 140s slightly better than the 147s. Unfortunately, I took it to a PRS match, and when I started running the bolt a little more aggressively, 4 different times during the match the bolt pulled entirely clear of the action instead of stopping at the back of the rearward motion. I sent it back to Seekins. Spoke with them last week and they were having trouble figuring out what the issue was. Hopefully, it gets sorted out soon and I can get back to shooting it! I really enjoyed it while I had it. The chassis was well thought out, and it balanced great. Planning on putting a 6mm cm barrel in it for the rest of this season once it returns.

Reactions: bonesaw00001
I think they got it sorted out, I should have it back to you very soon! So sorry that happened!!! Super frustrating I know
Not worried about it, it happens. Danny and Matty are always super responsive and helpful. I'll live with a weird thing like that from a solid group of folks which your company has always been for me. Plus I've got a Bravo, an Element and a PH2, so you might say I've drank the Kool-aid lol

What is the accuracy that Seekins has stated? I checked the internet and can't find it anywhere. I would like to know if anybody has this information. I ordered one in 6GT and will be running the Hornady ammo from GAP. Thank.
As I'm sure you've seen here, mine is sub 1/2moa in less than perfect conditions. Seekins "beyond MOA guarantee" is unheard of. If you're not happy, they'll make you happy.

No pictures as we are dealing with a damaged range, stands, and all the others things due to weather. After about 200 rounds of testing other firearms, the Seekins HIT in .308 was able to stack 185 Bergers from Federal, in .4-.5 MOA at 100 yards. The Norma Golden Target 175s did .5 MOA. The Norma POI was 1.4 inches R & H from that of the 185s. I was not seated well and the rifle wasn't 100% set with cheek and stability. This may do a little better when more time allows, which I will attempt. Conditions were a 8 based on 1-10. This rifle, accuracy wise, seems to be on par, with most characteristics be geared towards competition, as advertised. I set the Timney to lowest setting. Worked great. One item noticed was when seating Magpul AICS magazines, both 5 and 10 versions, the bolt would not chamber if you insert/slap magazine in place. It only likes it when u simply insert gently to one click. That is good or bad depending on your process. Some like to have the assured slap and some like to hear the audible and be done.

No pictures as we are dealing with a damaged range, stands, and all the others things due to weather. After about 200 rounds of testing other firearms, the Seekins HIT in .308 was able to stack 185 Bergers from Federal, in .4-.5 MOA at 100 yards. The Norma Golden Target 175s did .5 MOA. The Norma POI was 1.4 inches R & H from that of the 185s. I was not seated well and the rifle wasn't 100% set with cheek and stability. This may do a little better when more time allows, which I will attempt. Conditions were a 8 based on 1-10. This rifle, accuracy wise, seems to be on par, with most characteristics be geared towards competition, as advertised. I set the Timney to lowest setting. Worked great. One item noticed was when seating Magpul AICS magazines, both 5 and 10 versions, the bolt would not chamber if you insert/slap magazine in place. It only likes it when u simply insert gently to one click. That is good or bad depending on your process. Some like to have the assured slap and some like to hear the audible and be done.

The mag issue was something I noticed as well. Switched over to Accurate mags and it seems to have addressed the problem. I have a friend that runs a Bravo that experienced the same issue with the same solution

The mag issue was something I noticed as well. Switched over to Accurate mags and it seems to have addressed the problem. I have a friend that runs a Bravo that experienced the same issue with the same solution
Agree. Just have to be gentle :)

Picked up my new HIT in 6 creed earlier this week and finally had time tonight to fondle it and get the new XTR3 mounted to it. If you are looking to pick one up get with James at @VAALR Precision . Great guy to work with, he went above and beyond to make it a smooth transaction. I got the impression he has a few more HIT’s in stock.

7434FC65-B624-4D3D-9186-4620941EC8C2.jpegC6F29FAA-19C1-4405-B8D8-443EAF2832CD.jpeg

Fit and finish on this thing is excellent. At first blush Seekins has produced a winner, now to get some rounds ran through it.

@gregsjt

scroll to last image

Should have my 6.5 PRC HIT pro tomorrow. Super excited to try it out, getting setup to run production division with it.

Looks like CarbonSix might be making prefits per their website (they mention threading for the HAVAK action). I'm looking for some way to drop weight on it such that I could run it for Mammoth this year. Mine was heavier than spec'd at 12.2 lbs from the factory...

Looks like CarbonSix might be making prefits per their website (they mention threading for the HAVAK action). I'm looking for some way to drop weight on it such that I could run it for Mammoth this year. Mine was heavier than spec'd at 12.2 lbs from the factory...
What’s it have to be for total for Mammoth or is there a weight? Guessing to lite isn’t good unless running a 223-224 caliber

What’s it have to be for total for Mammoth or is there a weight? Guessing to lite isn’t good unless running a 223-224 caliber

Just have to carry the rifle with you for 3 days/35ish miles plus the rest of your camping gear, so a 18 lbs rifle gets uncomfortable. Also, we had to shoot offhand for one stage last year haha.

Reactions: MouthMechanic
Finally got to shoot mine again for the first time since late April/early May. Tried a few loads with a bunch of seating depths, 3 round batches, shooting between the wind gusts. Started off again where I was really starting to question the rifle, is this the best it will shoot? Then minor changes in the loads and the groups shrunk right down. Many 1/2" or just under, but many frustrating ones. Meaning 1 shot... then 2nd shot 3/4" away. Was that me? I'm not sure? Maybe. Then 3rd shot??? No idea where it went? Walk down to find hole #1 ever so slightly larger than hole #2. Hmmm.. damn! Two different loads did that, and a third very close. At least I have something really promising to retry.

There was talk a page or so back about the cheek rest. Well I am putting the foam pad I bought on it tonight. While the carbon fiber is pretty, it's eating me up. I fired 50ish rounds tonight. By the end, I wasn't flinching, but I certainly had it in my head "I really don't want to do this anymore." I'm sure individual facial structure plays a big part in it, and it gets me just right (wrong).

many frustrating ones.
Wait… what… don’t do that, come over here!
1804D447-7DC8-4952-9CA1-5A97E23C131D.jpeg

8418BDF3-0334-491D-AB8E-601C6C744A2E.jpeg

Three shot groups playing with seating
depth.

3/4” squares. On average most of the groups looked more like this.

A2EB8DD7-648F-4399-8C7D-8A00C8C62C05.jpeg

08B9BF11-7CF6-46F4-BA7D-915CC40E3EA8.jpeg

And yeah my face hurts today.

Last edited:
Had the same issue with mine the other day, then got home and realized when I swapped scope over i hand tightened 1 of the 4 bolts and got interrupted by 4 year old before torquing them properly. Haven’t had a chance to get back to the range with a tight mount.

Attachments

• 1EA52978-6026-4A45-847B-B5CFCB44912B.jpeg
    1EA52978-6026-4A45-847B-B5CFCB44912B.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 331
  • 18B4299B-EF32-4731-807F-64751EDFDF7D.jpeg
    18B4299B-EF32-4731-807F-64751EDFDF7D.jpeg
    601.5 KB · Views: 335