• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK Precision Rifle

Did you use the receiver screw when mounting or a standalone section on the forend?
I just mounted a 12" Area 419 to my PH2. I used the receiver mounting bolt and T nuts on the front. Seems fine. I took the rear tang bolt out and put it in the front, fit perfect as far as I can tell. Then an 1 3/4 x 1/4 - 28 shortened about 3/16" fit the rear.

Does anyone have the Hvak 6.5 creed mounted in MPA chassis? I can not get mine to feed worth a crap.
What kind of mags are you using? P mags or metal ones? if they're metal you may have to tune the feed lips on them.

I guess this would be a good time to give kudos to Seekins and their customer service. I sent my havak to Seekins this summer for the bolt upgrade. I had one of the original pre-order havak's that had the McMillan Game Warden on it. While it was there I asked if they could look at my action as it had been difficult to swap in different triggers. They ended up giving me a new action, upgraded the bolt, the seekins composite stock, bedded it and installed the trigger I had supplied. I was told the issue with the trigger was because they used roll pins for trigger pins originally, however my action came with solid traditional trigger pins. Regardless, I appreciate their help with the matter and the great customer service.

I am not sure about all of the differences in the new action but it does seem smoother than I remember my old one being. I like the function and feel of the new bolt much better.

Mine is on the way back from getting the bolt upgrade. I have the original PH1 in Game Warden stock. Did not change my action or stock as I requested. Upgraded action to the “floating lugs” or something. Not 100% sure what that means. They did test fire as requested. “Shot a smoking one-holer” as reported. It damn well should; the gun was a laser when I sent it in. Not quite one-hole, but very respectable.

Curious to see how the new bolt feels….

PS - customer service was excellent with communication. Called me before return shipping. Asked if I wanted it test fired.

DF4B37D7-54A4-468E-AD76-8634FFFE5FDA.jpeg

Update: received my rifle back. Action is smooth. Everything appears in good order. No damage to Cerakote, same action, same stock, new bolt. Bolt lift feels normal (like most any other Rem 700 100 % cock on open.) I much prefer the new bolt lift and close. Will be a while before I can shoot it; recent shoulder surgery.

Seekins CS did great handling my service case. Fulfilled all my request with a great attitude. Excellent of them to offer the bolt upgrade free. My hats off to them for this offering.

Last edited:
Has anyone here added length to their PH2 stock? The PH2 checks all the boxes for my next hunting rifle except that I’m 6’5” and the factory LOP won’t work for me.

Has anyone here added length to their PH2 stock? The PH2 checks all the boxes for my next hunting rifle except that I’m 6’5” and the factory LOP won’t work for me.
Screenshot_20211025-233752_Messages.jpg

6'4", I feel your pain. First I got some spacer online I thought would fit but didnt, did an okay job blending it best I could by hand. Then I had a buddy 3d print one where the shoulder of the pad fit into the spacer and the side that went into the stock fit against the threaded mounting bosses inside the stock. Works super slick, we have some work to do blending the bottom profile but I said it's close enough for me.

View attachment 7728663

6'4", I feel your pain. First I got some spacer online I thought would fit but didnt, did an okay job blending it best I could by hand. Then I had a buddy 3d print one where the shoulder of the pad fit into the spacer and the side that went into the stock fit against the threaded mounting bosses inside the stock. Works super slick, we have some work to do blending the bottom profile but I said it's close enough for me.
Does he want to 3D print another one!? Sure do wish more manufacturers would consider provisions for LOP adjustments. I’d rather have adjustable lop the an adjustable cheek piece.

Hell I’m 5
5’10” and the lop is too short for me too. I bought some generic aftermarket spacers but hell if I can get the pad off. They use some tiny ass hex nut to hold them on that I nor the local farm/fleet store has anything to address. I had to use a bore scope to figure that out after no flat/philips/Allen/torx head worked.

I’d like to kick whoever chose that hardware squarely in the nuts.

Hi all,

I just bought a Seekins PH2 Hunter .308. I am coming from a few Winchester Model 70's so sorry if these questions sound a bit stupid.

First I noticed when I insert a empty magazine in with some force (not insane force or anything) it occasionally will not drop when I press the Mag release button, a nudge or light shake frees it. If I do it fairly gently or pull down on it after I insert, there is no issue. Has this happened to anyone else, it seems to be happening less and less as I break it in.

When inserting the bolt I have to press the bolt release button looking at the bolt itself it appears that is the only way for it to clear and drop into the horizontal groove on the bolt. I assume this is normal? My model 70 Controlled Feed, I can just slide the bolt right in.

I never had a rifle with the QD mounts. Does anyone recommend a good hunting sling (non-tactical) for the rifle that has the QD system that will work with the rifle?

Finally if taking the action out for whatever reason, If you are putting it back together is it recommended to snug the screws lightly with the action down on the table and then to stand the rifle up on its butt stock and then tap the butt of the gun on the carpet to make sure the action is settled and then tighten to torque while its standing. Or would it be better to just tighten the everything to torque while action is laying upside down against the table? (The standing up thing was recommended to me by a few people for some other rifles)
I have the Montana gun sling with QD swivels and couldn’t be happier. Classy leather sling and easily adjustable.

I like my “bag of assholes” fluting and the fluted barrel. Almost all my barrels are fluted. Pistols, bolt guns and AR’s. I like style and uniqueness. I don’t keep them if they don’t perform. Never had to sell a fluted barrel; factory or custom. I like carbon barrels too. Had to return a proof once for replacement. Had to return a Night Force scope too. I can find a lemon if there is one to be had.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheChief
Anyone rebarrel to a BR/dasher or something similar. Any issues with feeding? Wanting to get a 22br or 22gt barrel for coyote hunting and practice instead of burning up the 6.5prc barrel.

Will a 3b barrel contour fit into the ph2 stock? Mine is at seekins getting the bolt upgrade and would like to get the barrel ordered.

Will a 3b barrel contour fit into the ph2 stock? Mine is at seekins getting the bolt upgrade and would like to get the barrel ordered.

Wild guess here but you're probably going to be tightest near the shank of the barrel. If your smith finishes it with a shorter shank it might work.

I had a Bartlein #4 carbon put on my PH1 and the smith had to open up the barrel channel a little but it seemed very minimal.

So I traded my PH2 for a Staccato C2, which I love, and am happy I made the trade. But, I missed the PH2 so I ordered a new one. I have a question. The front QD on the bottom of the fore-end, is that screwed into a Tee nut, or is it epoxied in place? I ask because I want to install an Area 419 bipod rail on the fore-end, and I'm curious whether or not I'll have to also install a tee nut with it. Thanks!

Havak still shooting good. Only 733 rounds on this barrel, just hitting its stride. Match tomorrow and put the suppressor back on after getting the mount chopped off from Ecco Machine. Went up another .1 and took it to 1020y no problem.

Attachments

• FC118900-CB78-4957-B64B-22BC5AC0C489.jpeg
    FC118900-CB78-4957-B64B-22BC5AC0C489.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 234
  • D5B43E54-0BE2-4410-A0F8-9E654A6764EA.jpeg
    D5B43E54-0BE2-4410-A0F8-9E654A6764EA.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 227
I have a Seekins Bravo and am looking to upgrade the chassis and get a new barrel soon. Does the HIT chassis fit the original havak? And is there a way to switch to the new barrel system?

Still shoots like a lazer!
E6194698-A119-4C1E-A445-925A1EB53FB4.jpeg

7173C758-5EE7-40B4-8AB7-2E7EC9082FC1.jpeg

Also new pants (paint) and bolt extension which I had to make. Couldn’t find one that kept the original knob.

009FAFF7-CD8F-42C3-B227-12D6B881919D.jpeg

Reactions: ChiefSillyHorse
Is the havak action compatible with other 700 chassis? Specifically the Xlr envy of element? Want to replace the stock on my Ph2

Is the havak action compatible with other 700 chassis? Specifically the Xlr envy of element? Want to replace the stock on my Ph2
I'm pretty sure it's a 700 clone. There was a guy running one locally that I could have sworn he had in an XLR Element.

Edit; Haha, just saw Newbie's post above. He's not the local guy I know :)

Yes, the Havak is 700 compatible as as mentioned the Hit is not.

I have a gun built on a Havk action w a Proof SS MTU barrel and it shoots and functions very well.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Seems like this thread is getting some traction so maybe I will extract some real world experiences. Seekins Havak Bravo in a newer chassis or stick with the Seekins HIT, both in .308?

The HIT so far is a tack driver but I haven't put enough rounds down the Havak action in the BRAVO to determine any noticeable accuracy comparison. Prone use only. No PRS.

I thought I would try saving on some weight but not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze of the HIT is working well for me thus far.

Thanks for the replies, I have forgot about this potential project. I tried my Havak in a bravo and a falkor chassis I had laying around. Both fit but mags wouldn’t seat. I spoke with Seekins and they said the action needs a shorter mag latch and actually sent me a shorter mag latch they made for the bravos they use. With the XLR using an adjustable mag latch I’m sure it could be adjusted to work.

Next question since there is some action, anyone running BR/dasher size cartridges through a Havak?

So what all did they do and you got to keep your stock which is awesome.
I have dibs on a 308 ph1 and not sure if i should buy it.
Did you actually need to send it in because of an issue or did you just want an upgrade?

It’s just an upgrade that they do for free so there’s no reason not to take them up on it. The gen 2 bolt feels a little better cocking and it’s tool less takedown.

I had a PH1 and it shot great, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one at all for the right price. They’ll do the gen 2 upgrades for free and some people prefer the McMillan stock of the PH1. If someone wants the cost of a new PH2 for a used PH1 though I’d personally just get a PH2 unless you really just want the McMillan.

Just recently bought a Seekins Havak Pro HP1 in .308 with Magpul 700 stock for a price I couldn't pass up.

Couple questions:

How do I know whether my rifle has a "first generation" bolt that's eligible for Seekins' free upgrade? Do I have to contact Seekins with my serial number and ask or is there some other way to tell whether I'm eligible?

I absolutely despise the Magpul stock and want to upgrade to a Grayboe, McMillan, or Manners stock, but it seems like a lot of people in this thread, the action is not exactly fully Remington 700 spec. I tried to install a Grayboe Phoenix from another rifle I own with a 700 short action and just as suspected, the magazine rode too high and the bolt was impacting the rear of the feed lips and wouldn't run.

Do I have to find a stock maker who will inlet specifically for Seekins HP1 or can I easily modify my mag release to make it work? Will Seekins make the modifications for me or do I have to pay a gunsmith to do it? I don't want to screw it up doing it myself and have mags not feed or fall out of the action.

What's the best way to handle the aftermarket stock situation?

They changed my stock for free as well. I think this is pretty much standard so that may resolve your stock issue.

1709605514916.png

Newer stock. Turn time was less than two weeks. Just call them and they will give you an RMA. Oh and they upgraded the trigger as well. All for free. Hard to gripe. Sent the test shot back too.
1709605680811.png

• Love
Reactions: Terry Cross
The original OD Green one.

When they redo the action they want to re-bed it in a fresh stock so they use the latest model.

Again I would call them and see what they say.

Seconding their customer service, they are great. I sent my gun in for the upgraded bolt; I didn’t get a new stock but the turn around time was ridiculously fast. I had an issue tuning my adjustable gas to my SP10 after I put a Proof 6.5CM barrel on and they fixed it, upgraded my trigger, and had the gun back in less than two weeks. Big thumbs up for Seekins.

Had my FFL try contacting Seekins as everywhere seems to be out of stock for the PH2. Anyone had any recent contact with them? Been waiting a week to hear back.

Just recently bought a Seekins Havak Pro HP1 in .308 with Magpul 700 stock for a price I couldn't pass up.

Couple questions:

How do I know whether my rifle has a "first generation" bolt that's eligible for Seekins' free upgrade? Do I have to contact Seekins with my serial number and ask or is there some other way to tell whether I'm eligible?

I absolutely despise the Magpul stock and want to upgrade to a Grayboe, McMillan, or Manners stock, but it seems like a lot of people in this thread, the action is not exactly fully Remington 700 spec. I tried to install a Grayboe Phoenix from another rifle I own with a 700 short action and just as suspected, the magazine rode too high and the bolt was impacting the rear of the feed lips and wouldn't run.

Do I have to find a stock maker who will inlet specifically for Seekins HP1 or can I easily modify my mag release to make it work? Will Seekins make the modifications for me or do I have to pay a gunsmith to do it? I don't want to screw it up doing it myself and have mags not feed or fall out of the action.

What's the best way to handle the aftermarket stock situation?
Did you get your weapon situation resolved?

Yes, I talked to Seekins and they're upgrading my stock and bolt for free to match the current PH2 rifles.
When did you talk with them and how long did it take to get a response?

I emailed them last night and had a response today. If my FFL was to place a direct order with Seekins, it’s looking to be roughly a year out.
He said I’d have better luck at a larger retailer, and that could possibly be 2-6 months. They must be in very high demand at the moment.

I emailed them last night and had a response today. If my FFL was to place a direct order with Seekins, it’s looking to be roughly a year out.
He said I’d have better luck at a larger retailer, and that could possibly be 2-6 months. They must be in very high demand at the moment.
EuroOptics has a few in stock.